Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Plus Lackey comes from a team with Red and White jerseys, so the transition to the Cardinals will be pretty smooth. Unlike say moving to the A's where he'd be pitching into a Green colored man. Seems like a good move to me when you also consider the pitch framing ability of(red vested) Yadier Molina(once he's back).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
The problem with a strict punishment to a pitcher/manager that deliberately beans someone is that the punishment can be misguided. You'd have an accidental beanball to Goldschmidt one game, then Gibson would call up some scrub pitcher from AAA to come in to pitch to McCutchen the following game, bean him, and get suspended for 30 games.

Gibson would get suspended for 10-15 games/fined a bunch of money and the Diamondbacks would actually win more games than when he was managing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that these 'old school' baseball dudes would just find a way to make the suspensions meaningless, no one is dumb enough to have someone like Kershaw go out and bean someone one purpose if there's gonna be a heavy punishment, they'll just bring in some scrub reliever to do the dirty work and pat him on the back as he gets thrown out of the game.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

You just need to photoshop Chris Berman into that picture like four times with signs that just read "Back".

• Locked thread