Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
TEXAS TECH RED RAIDERS

*image of Kliff Kingsbury here*

Central Arkansas - Win, Cupcake #1
UTEP - Win, Cupcake #2
Arkansas - Win, So many flops you would think you were watching Soccer.

@Oklahoma State - Win, They lost so many starters, and we get them early before any depth issues crop up for us, and before they have time to get their feet under them.

@Kansas State - Loss, Urgh Bill Snyder does it again.
West Virginia - Win, I expect that WV will be a beaten team at this point.
Kansas - Win, I feel bad for them but they an't upsetting us in Lubbock.
@TCU - Win, One off season of spread tutelage does not an offense make. Also they stink and eat poo.
Texas -Toss Up, Texas has had 3 things on their side the last 4 years, 1) Tommy Tuberville's mess 2) MACK BROWN's DEAL WITH SATAN (luck) 3)way more talent. Now they have none of those things. Also in Lubbock.

@Oklahoma - IDK Toss up I guess, One team is going to melt down and give up, Allah willing, it won't be Tech this year. Yes I know that OU is favored to win the conference, IT WON'T MATTER.

@Iowa State - Win, they almost get the upset but we claw our way out of this one.
Baylor (Arlington, Texas) - Loss, they just out score the hell out of us.
Some Bowl game against a team that is higher ranked than us and expected to win - Win, We murder them and ESPN is surprised for a few seconds before they somehow get back to sucking the SEC's cock.

Worst Case 9-4, which is what I'm thinking. 10-3 would be great too. 11-2 would be OH poo poo N**** WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Numlock fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Aug 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numlock
May 19, 2007

IDK, West Virginia is probably going to get beat by Alabama and this will make up for it even though anybody who's not a Finebaum listener will realize that probably the #2 team in the SEC beating the #7/8 (out of 9) team in the Big XII doesn't prove anything.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh. I'm smart. :downs:

To be expected, I'd think. I mean, most projections I've seen have them middle of the pack in the big 12 in kind of the "exciting but potentially fatally flawed team" sort of role. Only natural that the presumed good teams expect to beat you and the optimistic bad teams' fans hope to upset you when you're in that space.

Its more that I think nobody knows what to make out of Tech. Depending on who we are talking about, I've seen predictions of as few as 4 to as many as "wins the big XII"

Fenrir posted:

TTU gonna beat Arkansas like a rented mule.

According to various Arkansas fan blogs and forums, Arkansas (and UCA) Beats Tech down no contest.

Reasons include but are not limited to:

1) That one game were they beat Tech back in the days of the SWC (1991 i think?), so badly that apparently it's ingrained in our bones to lose.
2) Similarly, Tech players will find out about Tech's record against Arkansas from the SWC and this will matter to them enough to cause them to become demoralized.
3) Kliff can't coach his way out of a paper bag as he lost 5!!!! games *ignores Arkansas's record that year*
4) SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC
5) Central Arkansas will win because their coach has more all time wins than Kingsbury does.

Though to be fair these same guys are predicting they get 8 wins, at least, I mean that is the absolute floor... in fact 9 wins is more likely because Alabama is going to be still butt hurt over losing to OU and that means their players will be soft.

Edit: We are talking levels of delusion that would make an Aggie blush and call bullshit.

Numlock fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 12, 2014

• Locked thread