Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
University of Iowa Hawkeyes

August
30 Northern Iowa W
September
6 Ball State W
13 Iowa State W Hopefully, but this could be iffy.
20 at Pittsburgh W Another probable
27 at Purdue W
October
11 Indiana (Homecoming) W Indiana sucks
18 at Maryland Tossup Honestly I think they're going to lose a trash game in the first half of the season and I think this one will be it.
November
1 Northwestern W Should be a win but they've lost to Northwestern recently
8 at Minnesota W
15 at Illinois W
22 Wisconsin See below
28 Nebraska Tossup They're going to win one of these games and lose the other. My guess would be that they lose to Wisconsin and beat Nebraska but who knows.

Best Case
11-1 With only a loss to Wisconsin or Nebraska that still gets Iowa to the Big 10 championship where they promptly lose to Michigan State.

Worst Case
5-7 This is Iowa so they always should be better than their results based on their talent and size. Don't be surprised to see them lose to Ball State, Pitt, ISU, Maryland, Wisconsin, Nebraska, poo poo probably Northwestern.

Realistically
9-3? Like I said I expect them to lose to a garbage team in the first half of the season and split the last two games with another flukey loss thrown in for good measure. Their schedule is laughably easy this year, especially since all their tough games aside from Maryland and Pitt are at home. Depending on how the rest of the dumpster fire that is the B1G West fares there is still a decent shot they play for the conference title with this record, before losing gloriously to the team from the B1G East.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Pook Good Mook posted:

University of Iowa Hawkeyes

August
30 Northern Iowa W
September
6 Ball State W
13 Iowa State W Hopefully, but this could be iffy.
20 at Pittsburgh W Another probable
27 at Purdue W
October
11 Indiana (Homecoming) W Indiana sucks
18 at Maryland Tossup Honestly I think they're going to lose a trash game in the first half of the season and I think this one will be it.
November
1 Northwestern W Should be a win but they've lost to Northwestern recently
8 at Minnesota W
15 at Illinois W
22 Wisconsin See below
28 Nebraska Tossup They're going to win one of these games and lose the other. My guess would be that they lose to Wisconsin and beat Nebraska but who knows.

Best Case
11-1 With only a loss to Wisconsin or Nebraska that still gets Iowa to the Big 10 championship where they promptly lose to Michigan State.

Worst Case
5-7 This is Iowa so they always should be better than their results based on their talent and size. Don't be surprised to see them lose to Ball State, Pitt, ISU, Maryland, Wisconsin, Nebraska, poo poo probably Northwestern.

Realistically
9-3? Like I said I expect them to lose to a garbage team in the first half of the season and split the last two games with another flukey loss thrown in for good measure. Their schedule is laughably easy this year, especially since all their tough games aside from Maryland and Pitt are at home. Depending on how the rest of the dumpster fire that is the B1G West fares there is still a decent shot they play for the conference title with this record, before losing gloriously to the team from the B1G East.

I was right on with Maryland and I'll claim credit for ISU as well. Mea culpa on being way too confident regarding Minnesota.

My realistic prediction might turn out to be correct but realistically Iowa is losing one of the next two games, if they win even one of them it will be a miracle.

To be far they should have won against ISU barring a horseshit unnecessary roughness call on the final drive and Ferentz not understanding how icing the kicker is supposed to work.

• Locked thread