Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Your 2014 Iowa State Cyclones: At least we're not Kansas.

North Dakota State: Loss
Kansas State: Loss
Iowa: Loss
Baylor: Loss, game will be delayed at the start of the 4th quarter while someone tapes up a hand written "1" in front of the Baylor score after it resets to zero
Oklahoma State: Loss
Toledo: Loss
Texas: Loss
Oklahoma: Loss
Kansas: Thrilling triple overtime victory
Texas Tech: Loss
West Virginia: Win
TCU: Loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Grittybeard posted:

Something I've wondered for a while, does Iowa State take these terrible pictures every year or do you have your own private stash of ridiculous offensive lineman poses?

I didn't even know they existed until someone started making them my avatars. So I'm not sure. I think they take a few gag ones every year though.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

at Iowa State* W
One of the two coaches likely won't survive this.

Rhoads' seat is barely room temperature. Even if we go 1-11 the only way he gets fired after this season is if the lockerroom is in open revolt.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I guess I should do an actual prediction instead of just being super pessimistic

Your 2014 Iowa State Cyclones.

North Dakota State: Win. NDSU graduated a ton of their starters and an FCS school doesn't just reload from the departure of a historically successful senior class. Plus while our defense is going to be as bad as last year I expect our offense to be decent.

Kansas State: Loss. Snyder is a wizard

Iowa: Loss. The game is going to be a pillow fight this year but ISU is more bad than Iowa.

Baylor: Loss. Hopefully not by a million. But probably by a million.

Oklahoma State: Loss.

Toledo: Win. Because we're better than the MAC, drat it.

Texas: Loss. It would be nice to get a win after what happened last year, but Strong will have Texas at least a step above where they were last season.

Oklahoma: Loss. Haven't beaten them since 1990. That's not going to change this year.

Kansas: Win. Because Kansas.

Texas Tech: Win. Going out on a limb here, but Kingsbury isn't showing himself to be a great head coach, at least not yet. And Tech isn't on another level from ISU athlete-wise like Oklahoma and Texas are.

West Virginia: Win. This is actually turning into a real rivalry and that owns.

TCU: Loss. I'd like to put this down as a win so we can go bowling, but I already picked Tech as my upset for the year and I don't see us getting a second one.

5-7 (3-6), better than last season's dumpster fire but still short of a bowl.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MourningView posted:

Kingsbury didn't win the Big XII in his very first season as head coach, so that guy is clearly a scrub.

kayakyakr posted:

So far the consensus prediction for TTU by our opponents:

1-4 with 1 toss-up and 6 teams yet to weigh in.

Tech and TCU are the next level above the cluster of failure that is Iowa State/Kansas/West Virginia. So they're a default upset pick.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Are there any B1G teams that aren't looking at their schedule and going "No way we don't win ten games"?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Real Name Grover posted:

Can I count the inevitable second-tier bowl game against an unmotivated SEC team?

Don't see why not.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Thoguh posted:

Your 2014 Iowa State Cyclones: At least we're not Kansas.

North Dakota State: Loss
Kansas State: Loss
Iowa: Loss
Baylor: Loss, game will be delayed at the start of the 4th quarter while someone tapes up a hand written "1" in front of the Baylor score after it resets to zero
Oklahoma State: Loss
Toledo: Loss
Texas: Loss
Oklahoma: Loss
Kansas: Thrilling triple overtime victory
Texas Tech: Loss
West Virginia: Win
TCU: Loss

Well, I was close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MourningView posted:

You'll light up our rebuilt back 7 after losing to NDSU and Paul can be so so proud of going 2-10.

:smith:

• Locked thread