Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Oh boy.

Arizona Wildcats

Well, it's the third year of RichRod. It's really awesome, every team should have one (YOU CANNOT HAVE OURS).

Losses
Uhh...we lost all-American RB Ka'Deem Carey. That's basically the biggest loss you can imagine. There simply isn't a replacement on the roster, and since he's the best running back in Arizona history I'm not sure we should expect one.

We also lost QB BJ Denker, so addition by subtraction! How Carey was so loving good when Denker was so loving bad is a miracle.

We lose the entire D-line, including wizard DT Sione Tuihalamaka. Also, leading tacklers Jake Fischer and Marquis Flowers.

Units
QB: :laffo: who knows? Betting Anu Solomon, but Connor Brewer stands a chance.
RB: Committee. Jared Baker is probably the #1, in virtue of the fact that he is the only running back in the offense that's carried the ball in a game before.
WR: :swoon: Depth! Riches! The top three are probably going to be Austin Hill, Nate Phillips, and one of Samajie Grant/Trey Griffey/DaVonte Neal. But holy poo poo I hope whoever is at QB can throw a football well.
OL: This should be really good. Both tackles return, and both have made upwards of 35 starts or something nuts like that. This will make life so much easier for the new QB and RB.

DL: Everyone's new! Yay. Jeff Casteel loves speed, and we've got it in abundance up front. Problem? It's all really young.
LB: Uhh...everyone's new! Otherwise it's probably going to be a disaster.
Secondary: The only loss was the excellent Shaq Richardson. Last year Arizona's secondary was loving quality, and it should be just as good this year. Whether the front six can actually do anything useful, who knows?

Special Teams: :suicide:

Schedule
Aug 29 - UNLV - W: This should be a gimme. It's UNLV, come the gently caress on.
Sept 4 - @UTSA - W: There's nothing about this that makes sense. Whatever, UTSA's new to the FBS. Enjoy your stay?
Sept 13 - Nevada - ?: I don't know anything about the post-Ault Nevada teams. Good? Bad? But Arizona will be more talented. Kaepernick ain't walking through that door, guys.
Sept 20 - Cal - W: Cal was horrible last year. Like, garbage. Shouldn't improve that much, and the secondary should be able to slow down that :siren: bear raid :siren: enough.
Oct 2 - @Oregon - L: No loving way, not after last year's 42-16 massacre. They're gonna be out for loving blood.
Oct 11 - USC - L: No idea how they'll do. We've done well against Sark's teams, but USC has a lot of talent, so they'll probably win.
Oct 25 - @Wazzu - ?: Last year was weird. Let us hope it is a win, but whatever, Wazzu's cool.
Nov 1 - @UCLA - L: gently caress UCLA.
Nov 8 - Colorado - W: If you need a sure-fire win or some weed, Colorado's exactly what the doctor ordered.
Nov 15 - Washington - ?: I'm terrified of Chris Petersen. But not this season.
Nov 22 - @Utah - W: Sorry Whittingham.
Nov 28 - ASU - ?: I'd be a bad fan if I said we'd lose this game, and a dumb fan if I said we'd win it.

So going by this we'd go 5-7 if we lose all the tossup games, 9-3 if we win all the tossup games. So I'm gonna go with 7-5 for the season. Steady as she goes, captain. I'm hoping things work out (obviously) but it's football and not everything works, so I'll be happy with another winning season with a bowl!

Reason YOU Should Watch
Really fun offense. Probably shaky (and kinda goofy) defense--but it shouldn't be a sieve. Prone to get in ridiculous shootouts or goofy-as-gently caress beatdowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Will Styles posted:

Arizona State Sun Devils
You don't play NAU? That's weird! Did they change the biennial matchups? I thought it was a state law or something that NAU had to be one team's cupcake every year...

Also I hope Todd Graham gets 'homesick' again.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Not a single person is picking Ohio State to win the Big Ten.

It is beautiful.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

B.F. Hoodrich posted:

That seems weird at first, but consider the following: gently caress ohio state

really makes you think
gently caress Ohio State, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. gently caress-Ohio-State: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. gently caress. Ohio. State. She was Urban Meyer, plain Urban Meyer, in the morning, sitting mournfully eating pizza. She was gently caress Ohio in bowl games. She was gently caress the Big Ten at school. She was gently caress Columbus on the dotted line. But in my arms she was always gently caress Ohio State. Did she have a precursor? She did, indeed she did.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Let's see how mine stacked up.

quote:

Aug 29 - UNLV - W: This should be a gimme. It's UNLV, come the gently caress on.
Sept 4 - @UTSA - W: There's nothing about this that makes sense. Whatever, UTSA's new to the FBS. Enjoy your stay?
Sept 13 - Nevada - ?: I don't know anything about the post-Ault Nevada teams. Good? Bad? But Arizona will be more talented. Kaepernick ain't walking through that door, guys.
Sept 20 - Cal - W: Cal was horrible last year. Like, garbage. Shouldn't improve that much, and the secondary should be able to slow down that bear raid enough.
Oct 2 - @Oregon - L: No loving way, not after last year's 42-16 massacre. They're gonna be out for loving blood.
Oct 11 - USC - L: No idea how they'll do. We've done well against Sark's teams, but USC has a lot of talent, so they'll probably win.
Oct 25 - @Wazzu - ?: Last year was weird. Let us hope it is a win, but whatever, Wazzu's cool.
Nov 1 - @UCLA - L: gently caress UCLA.
Nov 8 - Colorado - W: If you need a sure-fire win or some weed, Colorado's exactly what the doctor ordered.
Nov 15 - Washington - ?: I'm terrified of Chris Petersen. But not this season.
Nov 22 - @Utah - W: Sorry Whittingham.
Nov 28 - ASU - ?: I'd be a bad fan if I said we'd lose this game, and a dumb fan if I said we'd win it.
I predicted both losses so far.

I also flubbed on the Oregon (because apparently that's a thing now) and we've won all the tossups so far for an 8-2 record. So we beat my predicted 7-5 record and obliterated the worst-case 5-7 record. Utah and ASU remain, and both are winnable. I did get the Cal thing COMPLETELY wrong, but if we had a competent field goal kicker we'd have won against USC, so there's that. There's been one game on the schedule that we clearly should have lost, and that's against UCLA. So kudos, guys!

• Locked thread