Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal
Washington Huskies

2013 final ranking: 25
2014 preseason ranking: 25

Key Loses
QB Keith Price - 2,966 yards, 21 TD, 6 INT
RB Bishop Sankey - 1,870 yards, 20 TD
TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins - 36 receptions, 450 yards, 8 TD
The coaching staff :v:

Key Gains
Chris Petersen - I really think we upgraded at coach, I wasn't as down on Sark as some other UW fans, but I don't think we'll have the random 30+ point blowout road loses that were annual traditions for Sark (@ASU last year, @Oregon and @Arizona in 2012, @Stanford and @USC in 2011....). Hopefully won't have a three game losing streak like we did every year under Sark either!

Positions
QB - Cyler Miles is probably the guy here, he played well in spot duty last year. Quick, has kinda a funky delivery but if it works then whatever. Couple of highly rated guys behind him if he doesn't turn out.
RB - Sankey's gone :cry:. Dwyane Washington is a battering ram who would be good if he could hold onto the ball and freshman Coleman is huge (6'1, 220) and has gotten rave reviews during the offseason
OL - We return everyone, and might actually have a decent line for the first time in a decade
WR - Kasen Williams is our best WR, and if he's healthy after breaking everything in his foot last year we should be OK. If not we might need some young guys to step up.

DL - Should be sick nasty, everyone significant is back and they were pretty good last year. DT Danny Shelton and DE Hau'oli Kikaha are the two to watch
LB - Also returns everyone, and should be pretty good
DB - Lost 3/4 starters, but the one CB we returned is really good! Going to be young in the secondary next year. Talented, but young.

Schedule and projected results
Aug 30 @Hawaii - W, Hawaii is trash. QB Cyler Miles is suspended for this game for being an idiot during the offseason, but we shouldn't need him to beat a terrible Hawaii team

Sept 6 EWash W, if we lose to a FCS team (even a good one like Eastern) the rest of the season is going to suuuuuucccccck

Sept 13 Illinois W, beat them pretty easily on the road last year and they've won what, 3 conference games in the last three seasons?

Sept 20 Georgia St W, this is probably the easiest non-conference schedule I've ever seen UW play

Sept 27 Stanford ?, tough game but calling a win. UW outgained Stanford by over 200 yards and should have beaten them last year, and would have if UW didn't have multiple hilarious implosions on special teams. UW has matched up really well against Stanford the last few years.

Oct 11 @Cal W, Cal has been trash for a couple years

Oct 18 @Oregon L, tired of losing to Oregon but Eugene is a tough place to play

Oct 25 ASU ?, ASU destroyed us last year but they lost a lot and we were better then we played that day. This is going to be one of those games that separates a decent season from a great one.

Nov 1 @Colorado W, Colorado is bad but slowly improving. Still one of the easier places to play in the Pac-12, though

Nov 8 UCLA ?, UCLA is the sexy pick to win the south, but I'm not quite as high on them. Half of that might be residual dislike of Mora from when he was a disaster of a coach with the Seahawks though :v:. I think I'd give UW the edge with it being at home.

Nov 15 @Arizona W, Ka'deem Carey is gone, praise the lord

Nov 22 OSU W, OSU has been very meh the last couple years and losing Cooks is going to hurt

Nov 29 @WSU W, not scared of the Cougs this next season. Halliday is going to set all kinds of records for pass attempts though.

Best case scenario: 11-2 Pull off one of the UCLA/ASU games, and win the ones you're supposed to.

Worst case scenario: 7-6 I can't see us losing any of the non-conference games. This would be 3-6 in conference, which would be pretty rough. Lose to all of the top dogs (Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, ASU) as well as drop another couple of games (@WSU, @Arizona, or OSU)

Realistic scenario: I'd probably say 9-4. Being 5-4 in conference for like the 5th straight year would be super aggravating though. I think that once Petersen gets a couple years we'll be fighting for the top spot in the North, but this year I wouldn't be surprised to see another 3rd place finish behind Stanford and Oregon. Maybe sneaking ahead of Stanford if they take a step back and everything goes according to plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread