Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Nice assist by LA on that Portland goal! First set piece goal for Portland, and a nice deflection for Valeri to pick up another one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Lol. What a header.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Big star Keane shits the bed on a great chance. Tbf, L.A.are looking attractive, Voted: would watch more of this.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
gently caress sake, this Timbers defense.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Mr. Mambold posted:

Lol. What a header.

Wow, you can see the future! Good goal, more Portland defending.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

El Jebus posted:

Wow, you can see the future! Good goal, more Portland defending.

Only when it's funny.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

skasion posted:

gently caress sake, this Timbers defense.

we were inviting pressure so it was always obvious they'd equalize

hopefully we try to shoot the ball at the goal next half

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Portland took one (1) shot in that half.

It was a T90 onion bag ripper tho

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Turns out if you give LA the same chance 20 times in a row they'll get it right eventually.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

That looked like a foul in the box. Would it kill them to show a replay?

edit: caught his foot but it was light.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Point blank. Donovan's making a good 20-20 hindsight argument for inclusion. Unfortunately it's 6 months too late.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Robbie Keane overhead kick :siren:

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Diego Chara trying to murder Juninho

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Chara's shoes are made of yellow cards.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Looked outside the box to me.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

However, it was a vile foul, and that can't be tolerated.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Some games should be subject to negative stoppage time.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

About to head to the supporters tailgate for Rapids vs Real Salt Lake. I'm so excited for the rivalry game.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Charlie Davies given a yellow for diving.

Some things never change.

What the gently caress is Mariner smoking? He's totally known for diving.

edit: And now he scores a header off of a deflected cross.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 3, 2014

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Nice evening here at Toyota Park where the Fire will try to get something other one point as they face the crew tonight. We beat then last time they where here but that was in Open Cup action and in extra time where we scored 2-3 goals on them if I remember right.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Jesus, Rowe took a shoulder check in the box that would've made <current hockey player that's known for being an enforcer> applaud.

edit: Chapman has swallowed his whistle for drat near the whole match, finally gives a red on a challenge that looked worse than it was on replay (although at first viewing I honestly thought I saw Lee Nguyen's knee get completely destroyed).

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 3, 2014

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Nice evening here at Toyota Park where the Fire will try to get something other one point as they face the crew tonight. We beat then last time they where here but that was in Open Cup action and in extra time where we scored 2-3 goals on them if I remember right.

That game ended 4-2; the Fire scored two goals in extra time after going down 2-1 during regular time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Jesus, Rowe took a shoulder check in the box that would've made <current hockey player that's known for being an enforcer> applaud.

edit: Chapman has swallowed his whistle for drat near the whole match, finally gives a red on a challenge that looked worse than it was on replay (although at first viewing I honestly thought I saw Lee Nguyen's knee get completely destroyed).

Looked totally deserved at the game. NY is playing like poo poo against a good team and they're going to lose. Not surprised.

That Duvall hit in the box was great, can't believe no cards showed up for that.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Some stolen real salt lake scarves just got burned at the supporters tailgate. So yeah its gonna be good.

Edit stolen from another bar in the area not from real salt lake fans.

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 3, 2014

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Any proper rows happen?

edit: Way to gently caress up a man advantage New England. Pretty chip though.

edit 2: BWP is kinda good. NE D is poo poo.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 3, 2014

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Looks like the Fire are the team of choice for Palestine since there several Palestine flags in both section 8 and section latino.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Looks like the Fire are the team of choice for Palestine since there several Palestine flags in both section 8 and section latino.

Unexpected, but I'm good with it.

The Fire look not terrible so far.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Palmer really isn't as bad of a defender as people make him out to be, but hooooly poo poo his crossing is atrocious. I can't remember the last time someone even got within five yards of getting a head onto one.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

New England entered halftime up 1-0 and a man advantage.

They lost 2-1.

Remember when everyone thought they'd be in the final?

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Oh hey, someone finally got a shot on goal.

Larentowicz is actually, surprisingly, a pretty competent center back.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Handball from Wahl, Magee puts away the penalty. A little pressure off now, I think.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
The replay on that makes that handball pretty iffy, but if Wahl was smarter he would've tucked his hands to dissuade the AR from giving the call.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Fucitol posted:

The replay on that makes that handball pretty iffy, but if Wahl was smarter he would've tucked his hands to dissuade the AR from giving the call.

Yeah, it was kind of a 50/50 call. But not egregiously wrong, so I'm happy with the lead.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Yay for the Fire goal while I was getting Mexican ice creme for a dollar.

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
Sucks, but that was a pk.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

No, bad RSL. Stop doing that.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

Half time and the Fire is up 1-0, we need another one or two to make it safe.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

My hopes and dreams for the second half: someone with a name similar to Schmadam Fadell either realizes he's a loving giant and plays thusly and/or our last living forward in Aaron Schoenfeld gets to see 45'.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Jesus christ, 1-1 less than a minute after halftime. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Or Higuain puts it in on terrible defensive play.

• Locked thread