Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Dc looking sloppy, but that happens with Neal and Kemp out there. Happy with a draw if they continue like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
What a comical way to lose a game.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
gently caress me.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:holymoley: BRUIN

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Glad to see those lovely 2013 Uniteds aren't dead yet, what the gently caress.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

I am always surprised by how poo poo Eddie Johnson is. he so clearly doesn't give a gently caress what is happening

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Gin Soaked Ape posted:

I am always surprised by how poo poo Eddie Johnson is. he so clearly doesn't give a gently caress what is happening

He gave a gently caress when Brian Ching called him out last week for being lazy. He just did give enough of a gently caress to put in the work to prove him wrong.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Hungryjack posted:

He gave a gently caress when Brian Ching called him out last week for being lazy. He just did give enough of a gently caress to put in the work to prove him wrong.

Pigma_Micron had a great theory that he'd be a 20 goal scorer in this league if you gave him $25k per goal. They'd all be unassisted and he'd never pass to anyone ever, but he'd get his.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Pigma_Micron had a great theory that he'd be a 20 goal scorer in this league if you gave him $25k per goal. They'd all be unassisted and he'd never pass to anyone ever, but he'd get his.

I think that is more or less what Brian said and it's what pissed Eddie off so much. And then he didn't score a goal once again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish Eddie Johnson did not play in this league, he is a colossal baby.

CCL stuff starts tonight for the MLS, looking forward to another 9 months of creeping Mexican victory

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Hungryjack posted:

I think that is more or less what Brian said and it's what pissed Eddie off so much. And then he didn't score a goal once again.

Nice. I never listened to the audio, but it's great to know that people are on the same page.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

"He is one of those guys that every time he is getting close to playing for a contract or proving himself, he goes out and he does his work and you're like, 'Wow, okay!'" Ching said. "But once he gets that contract or DP status, he tends to disappear a little bit. It's kind of like he's fighting so hard to prove that he's good that when he gets there, he just kind of stops doing the things that made him successful.

"If I was to sign him, I would say, 'Hey, here's $10,000 a goal. You're making $50,000 or you're making $100,000. You want money? Score goals,'" continued Ching. "He has the talent to do it. I think he loses that drive, that mentality once he gets rewarded or gets his contract."

-----

Unsurprisingly, Johnson did not subscribe to his point of view.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

That is delicious. I wonder how Johnson feels about playing until he's 84 to balance the books.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
"We've got the power now, motherfucker" goes uncensored.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

drat, that sequence by LA was a clinic.

...and San Jose goes back on top less than 2 minutes later. This is turning into a fun match.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Agreed. Here's hoping LA loses out the season now that Landon has announced his departure.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Or they tie it back up.

Poor Stu, he sounds so sad talking about how he used to play the game.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

WONDOOOOOO, WONDOOOOOOOOO, WONDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- Busch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cato hosed up San Jose's perfect stat sheet. Motherfucker.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Carlos Valdes is back y'all

:getin:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Le DOOP ft. :laffo: Defense

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
hell yeah love me some goals

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lamont Cranston posted:

hell yeah love me some goals

I am not watching the game, but I have to agree with you.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

DOOP posted:

Le DOOP ft. :laffo: Defense

Perkins pulled that exact same poo poo a few weeks ago. He needs to GTFO.

http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2014-07-12-montreal-impact-vs-sporting-kansas-city/details/video/20264

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
remember when people actually thought Perkins was a good GK? lol

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
:getin:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Le Brace

Seba balls so hard

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh hey, Montreal don't totally suck

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Let's not say things we can't take back

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

This game has had a ludicrous amount of injury time.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

guppy posted:

Let's not say things we can't take back

Truth, but that was a pretty finish by Tissot, getting on the end of that long ball to hit it first time. Consolation prize for the kid since there's no way MTL will equalize (in fact it's probably already over as I type this?)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
:toot:

The Union win a game wooooo

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

3' stoppage time...game ends at 97:30.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Well Rapids v Dallas may be over because of two lovely officiating decisions. 1) Dallas was offside on the first goal and 2) that's not a penalty. I don't care, that's not a penalty. poo poo.

Admittedly the rapids aren't doing a lot to help their own cause.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Did not expect 3-2 in favor of TFC today. This is a fun game.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
For once it's Crew's defense that lets us down. Getting swept by TFC loving sucks.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

We have 3 wins against Columbus this year, the same amount of wins as Montreal has total.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:siren: BICYCLE KICK QUOTA MET :siren:

(Ball goes 5 feet wide of the goal)

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Pretty worried for this match for DC, especially with Kitchen out. Although I don't know like half of these RSL players.

EDIT: That was an abominable cross from Deleon

guppy fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
God dammit.

• Locked thread