Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Hand Knit posted:

And, because you will ask, that is Wyoming that apparently hates Ottawa.

I'm incredibly happy the Penguins are the most hated team in PA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
I'm suprised NJ hates the Bruins the most (i think that black is bruins, at least), i was sure that the Pens would've been more hated considering it's pretty much all Devils/Rangers/Flyers fans who live there and Bruins are in a completely different division than those teams.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

ultimatemike posted:

As funny as this is it was just a poll of reddit users so I'm not sure how representative it is of anything. The Africa thing was probably because one dude replied.

Oh I had no doubts about that. Still strikes me as weird to hate the Jets.

Fateo McMurray posted:

Love that everyone hates the bruins

Hawks are starting to catch up. Gonna need to step your game up to keep the most hated title. :smug:

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

deafmute posted:

Texas hating the Ducks seems weird.

This season's playoffs and gently caress Corey Perry's spearing spree probably had something to do with that.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

RC Cola posted:

I agree. gently caress the blues. Also someone tell me what Handzus avatar I must have. I need it soon.

This took way too long to make so you'd better use it:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

CDX posted:

This season's playoffs and gently caress Corey Perry's spearing spree probably had something to do with that.

They were also in the same division for years, and the Ducks have definitely been the more successful team lately

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
oh my god my backpacking trip can't come soon enough so I can escape this bullshit for 3 weeks

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

eXXon posted:

I like that one out of all the other pylon related jokes go with it.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Vicas posted:

They were also in the same division for years, and the Ducks have definitely been the more successful team lately

There's no love lost for Anaheim when they were playing prison league hockey for the first few years after expansion, and when Dallas moved to the Pacific. The atmosphere in the arena seems a little tenser. gently caress Corey Perry didn't help, and Dallas is doing a lot more to capture a "Team of the Southwest" kind of thing these days.

This poll must have been taken with fresh playoff experiences front of mind because Illinois should be red, Easten Conference or no.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
If they did that map for Canada they'd have to divide it by riding or else the entire map would be leaf blue (except quebec)

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Guignol posted:

If they did that map for Canada they'd have to divide it by riding or else the entire map would be leaf blue (except quebec)
They did make one for Canada which kinda makes me think the whole thing is even more bullshit than I did previously

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

deafmute posted:

They did make one for Canada which kinda makes me think the whole thing is even more bullshit than I did previously

No, that looks about right.

Any Montreal fan hates the Bruins more than Toronto, and there are a lot of Montreal fans. And Toronto fans hate the Bruins too. What looks wrong is that Alberta isn't split between Red and whatever ugly colour the Oilers are using.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

yeah that whole map should show the leafs, especially ontario

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Also if they polled casual fans who bandwagoned onto the last great Canadian hope and are still bitter about the Canucks losing game 7, then that's not an unreasonable result.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Jordan7hm posted:

No, that looks about right.

Any Montreal fan hates the Bruins more than Toronto, and there are a lot of Montreal fans. And Toronto fans hate the Bruins too. What looks wrong is that Alberta isn't split between Red and whatever ugly colour the Oilers are using.
if half the province says gently caress the flames but also gently caress the canucks and half the province says gently caress the oilers but also gently caress the canucks it ends up saying gently caress the canucks probably

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

eXXon posted:

Happy?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I as a Minnesota fan hate Anaheim the most. gently caress Corey Perry.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Man the Bruins are awesome at Risk.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

soggybagel posted:

I as a Minnesota fan hate Anaheim the most. gently caress Corey Perry.

Youre a terrible (or too young) Minnesota fan then. You should hate Dallas the most since they are team stealing assholes. :colbert:

Aphrodite posted:

Man the Bruins are awesome at Rask.

There you go.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

The Bruins are the guy that puts one piece on as many territories haphazardly at the beginning aiming to stop anyone from getting a continental bonus and then promptly gets his poo poo pushed in by his 5th turn.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Aphrodite posted:

yeah I think they should have made some offseason moves too

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

As happy as a team without Hand Zeus can possibly be. Speaking of which, why isn't that Hand Knit's username?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

yellowcar posted:

The Bruins are the guy that puts one piece on as many territories haphazardly at the beginning aiming to stop anyone from getting a continental bonus and then promptly gets his poo poo pushed in by his 5th turn.

I don't actually know anything about Risk.

Nerd.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

eXXon posted:

As happy as a team without Hand Zeus can possibly be. Speaking of which, why isn't that Hand Knit's username?

Because I more readily identify with Hekateros.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Vicas posted:

I'm incredibly happy the Penguins are the most hated team in PA

I'm surprised at that. It means the Flyers aren't working hard enough, or that they did that poll recently and had even Penguins fans saying they hate the Penguins.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Did anyone add the continents one?

must be because of how they treat evander kane

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

yellowcar posted:

valid strategy if you've got Australia locked up

who does Australia hate?

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

Martytoof posted:

This is probably some dumb reddit poll and it's not africa who hates the Jets, it's like five Canadian expats who live in Capetown and hate the Jets.
This.

That got passed around twitter, got a few laughs first and then everyone realized that it was based on a bullshit reddit poll.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

JawKnee posted:

valid strategy if you've got Australia locked up

who does Australia hate?

If it's Risk Legacy, that strategy goes out the window once a new sea route gets placed. I'm looking at you South America.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

I will trade you two brick and a sheep for Kamchatka.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Australia is for chumps. A real good player starts in South America since you can hold Australia, but now your next move it to take Asia, which is impossible. South America gives a higher bonus, and only has another space to split your troops between, and you can move on and easily take Africa. From there, pincer strike Europe and then take what's left of North America. The final step is to crush what remains of Asia, and then take out the chump who gunned for Australia.

:cool:

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

JawKnee posted:

better than the millionaires jersey

How dare you

Also I can confirm that 4 out of every 5 hockey jerseys I see here living in Australia are Canucks jerseys so basically gently caress Boston is more or less Australia's official position

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Furnaceface posted:

Youre a terrible (or too young) Minnesota fan then. You should hate Dallas the most since they are team stealing assholes. :colbert:

No not really. As far as I'm concerned the team left and took the history with them. I don't hate the Boston Bruins or anything like that. People in Minnesota hate Norm Green. They don't really give a poo poo about the team that is the Dallas Stars. It is what it is as far as that is concerned. And as far as playoff history goes the Ducks have eliminated the Wild twice in the playoffs. The second time being especially annoying because Corey Perry was a punk and there were some questionable calls. Plus, just gently caress that team

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Ducks are gearing up to become the most hateable team again, that's why we brought Heatly on board.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

deafmute posted:

This is Canada. You don't even need 40 percent to capture a majority.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I'm kind of sad there's less diversity of hate

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Michael McCarron got cut from the US Junior camp I guess.

So that pick is going well.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Nerds are the hot commodity this offseason: Tyler Dellow going to Edmonton

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Poonerman posted:

Hahaha this isn't going to end well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Poonerman posted:

I want to know what Steve Simmons has to say about this hiring.

no I don't

• Locked thread