Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle

Grey Hunter posted:

I hate kids. with a passion. No one seems to understand how much I hate the screaming, snot ridden disgusting things and keep telling em "it'll be different when its yours."

It will, I won't be able to leave where ever the poop factory is and get on with my life.

There are chemicals your body will produce and release to improve parenting instincts. :) They're not as strong as what your spouse will get though.

Grey Hunter posted:

Also my idea of leaving a copy of a wargame in a room full of orphans to see which one played with it has been vetoed as well.

This would have been glorious!
And the A&A miniature are nice, but I'd keep the game board away from any of my own hypothetical offspring. ;)

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Ah well, I enjoyed this LP while it lasted. Looking forward to the certain particular anniversary.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Goons in Command: Let's all play Badger Grey About Having Kids Already I Mean He's Not Getting Any Younger You Know

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Are the Leap Years going to line up in this LP? I remember that they did in the 1st one.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Personally, I think Grey Hunter missed a golden opportunity to start an LP of some WW1 Grognard game on 28 July 2014, the 100th anniversary of WW1 starting. :v:

Do they not make any good (or "good") WW1 Grognard games?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Personally, I think Grey Hunter missed a golden opportunity to start an LP of some WW1 Grognard game on 28 July 2014, the 100th anniversary of WW1 starting. :v:

Do they not make any good (or "good") WW1 Grognard games?

Does a good WWI game made by a grognard count?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Hah,I remember playing that ages ago. But I meant hexes and chits and poo poo. :v:

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle

Pvt.Scott posted:

Goons in Command: Let's all play Badger Grey About Having Kids Already I Mean He's Not Getting Any Younger You Know

If he starts now by the time he finishes WitP as The Divine Wind, his brood might be fully potty trained!
That is, unless his Ozymandias quote turns into a prophesy on the greatest LPers destruction by parenthood...

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Hah,I remember playing that ages ago. But I meant hexes and chits and poo poo. :v:

Commander: The Great War looks alright. I bought it on Steam but I haven't gotten to it yet between Tales of Maj'Eyal, Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup, Civ V, Borderlands 2, Diablo 3 and playing/GMing the new edition of Dungeons & Dragons. I need to find a grog-buddy to keep me on the cardboard chit path.

Mirrors
Oct 25, 2007

Pvt.Scott posted:

Commander: The Great War looks alright. I bought it on Steam but I haven't gotten to it yet between Tales of Maj'Eyal, Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup, Civ V, Borderlands 2, Diablo 3 and playing/GMing the new edition of Dungeons & Dragons. I need to find a grog-buddy to keep me on the cardboard chit path.

I'd rate it as solidly good. Even in its first iteration it was extremely passable, but I like what they've done updating it. The AI can be a bit easy to game once you know what its looking for, but it's a great meat grinder simulator.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Commander: the Great War and Strategic Command: World War 1 are both pretty good.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

Grey Hunter posted:

I'd rather hypothetical stay hypothetical for now.

Then who's day-by-day LP of the 2022 Sino-US war will my son read? :colbert:

Seriously, I am beyond excited about another WitP LP. I didn't find the first one until near the end, and having recently finished my first Grand Campaign, I want to personally thank you for wasting hundreds of precious hours of my life.

As an aside, I think I read too much about WitP before playing against the AI. I won in mid 1943 without ever conducting an amphibious landing. If you can hold Singapore and Rangoon, you can sweep across China and bomb Japan back to the stone age rather quickly. I highly recommend using the house rule where restricted unit can't cross national boundaries.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
I dunno, I think Grey could use the rapid conquest of Asia for points.

If anything goes horribly wrong at sea even once those points should make things last through till the end of 1946.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Come on guys, enough of that, let's get back to naming Grey's kids and sneaking fertility drugs into his wife's drink.

I think if he had twins it would be best, because then we could set one to playing the Japanese/Russians/Bird Aliens and the other to playing PACCOM/The Nazis/Boob Aliens. Identical twins would also allow us to generate meaningful nature-vs-nurture theory based on their LPs.

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Have you considered doing a Patreon thing Grey?

It'll probably be more profitable to rely on dedicated fans than earning a fraction of a cent from Youtube per visit.
I'm not saying it'll work for sure, but many have been very surprised in the past.

---

And I like your style Tilde. But even if Grey ignores one kid in favor of the other the other will still have his genes. Twins + two adopted kids would be best. He could ignore one of each set for the full battery. :)

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Sep 16, 2014

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I had to buy this game myself. And I have found that processing turns ALWAYS takes at least 10 minutes.

Though at least you don't spend 3 hours sorting out your freighters unlike SOME GAMES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Veloxyll posted:

I had to buy this game myself. And I have found that processing turns ALWAYS takes at least 10 minutes.

Though at least you don't spend 3 hours sorting out your freighters unlike SOME GAMES.

I assume it'll get patched eventually thanks to all the sales now that its on Steam.

And you must mean Hearts of Iron 3! :downs:

• Locked thread