Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I am requesting a commission on the condition that I retain my rank of private due to repeated paperwork errors after each promotion.

As for names of places and things, here goes: Tannhauser Gate (maybe a critical mountain pass or canal or something) Mourningwood, Speedo Atoll, Mt. SkullDoom, Mare Imbria (preferably a desert), Hill 420, Tropico, the Emerald Sea (a large jungle) and my favorite from real life, the Grand Teton mountains (literally big titties).

Also, this is the only anthem glorious enough to inspire our people to greatness!

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I dunno, I think we may want to name at least one of our crack infantry divisions Tokyo Bay Fortress to be absolutely sure.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Further name suggestions: the Twin Peaks of Mt Kilamanjaro, the Rock of Jibbajabraltar, and the famous landmark Penis Peninsula.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I was thinking more like whacky names for things like the Battleship "She's One of Ours!" or the Gravitas Squadron, the most polite and chivalrous pilots in the sky.

We should name our kamikazes White Knights. Ready to fall on their own swords at a moment's notice!

E: did the Sultanate engage in some imperialism, or is its current territory the result of previous lost wars?

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Aug 4, 2014

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

As for the target of our belligerence should any of our fellow Great Powers choose to not declare on us, I believe the land in the hands of the Sultanate to our north are destined to be in goon hands.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I say we shoot for the heaviest tanks we can get and call them Zakus.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

moosecow333 posted:

Part of me wants to re-name Chanel Cove to something eye-rollingly nerdy like Treasure Trove Cove.

Axe Body Spray Cove

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Decoy Badger posted:

Every time I look at that infantry icon I see a little dude rocking out on his guitar.

That's because we've weaponized music.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I vote for whatever gets us massed katana charges.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Jihad Joe posted:

Putting in my vote for dive bombers and just checking, are airforce officers even a thing?

Well, all of the pilots are officers. They don't let enlisted men fly expensive planes, you know.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Vorpal Cat posted:

Speaking of IRL tech if, we have 1936ish technology then why do we have access to bazookas? Heat rounds weren't even developed until 1939. I mean at this point we're basically fighting a small step above armored tractors. Using a rocket launcher on the equivalent of a panzer I or a t-26 just seems like overkill.

Just pretend they're anti-materiel rifles until later. This is a game of the imagination.

Caliphate delenda est.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Tomn posted:

We must never, ever forget that the Caliphate attacked us first - and we must never let anyone else forget it, either! Our propaganda machine will trumpet the word until everyone is sick and tired of hearing about it!

Nevermind the fact that they attacked because we were massing on their borders, of course. Nobody needs to hear that.

That was only in response to intelligence reports that the Caliphate was going to attack. We swear!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I say we Crush the Sultinate , broker a peace deal and prepare all the while for other nations jealous of our successes.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Just because our foes will not accept peace offers doesn't mean we shouldn't make them. Just think how bad we would look post-war of we didn't. Start winning hearts and minds now. After this is all said and done, we can point to our opposition's insane leaders to shoulder much of the blame for such massive loss of life that a war to the bitter end will cause. We're going to be the victors, so why not start writing our version of history now?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Machine guns! More Dakka= More Better. It's science!

E: wrong vote I guess. Uh, south and transports strike fast and hard. Get a beachhead.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 19, 2014

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

"It's time to dig in boys! The Fiefdom has long been jealous of our superior animated films and exotic culture. They seem to want a bloody nose down south, so let's give it to 'em."

Prepare for the inevitable assault from our neighbors and focus on containing the Sultinate and growing our fuel reserves.
We're going to have to rely on men with hearts of repeatedly folded steel to hold the line until our oil gets sorted. Not being able to smash hard and fast when we need to is going to hurt our national pride.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Execute the Sultanate spies and Fiefdom collaborators in a series of highly public trials. This interruption of or war machine's supply chain must be severely punished!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Vorpal Cat posted:

How did we take such heavy casualties when they attacked us with 16 armored cars, 2 light tanks and 2 rifles? Or were there more attacking units that weren't shown in that screen shot?

I attribute our losses to poor morale. Perhaps we should research harsher disciplinary measures to maintain esprit de corps.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I can't wait to get out of officer training school and get my first command. I'll be a general in no time!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Nah, it's cool, Herr Jäger. You do enough LPing for multiple men; take on or drop what you want. I will enjoy your other threads. Godspeed.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Goons in Command: Let's all play Badger Grey About Having Kids Already I Mean He's Not Getting Any Younger You Know

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Personally, I think Grey Hunter missed a golden opportunity to start an LP of some WW1 Grognard game on 28 July 2014, the 100th anniversary of WW1 starting. :v:

Do they not make any good (or "good") WW1 Grognard games?

Does a good WWI game made by a grognard count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Hah,I remember playing that ages ago. But I meant hexes and chits and poo poo. :v:

Commander: The Great War looks alright. I bought it on Steam but I haven't gotten to it yet between Tales of Maj'Eyal, Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup, Civ V, Borderlands 2, Diablo 3 and playing/GMing the new edition of Dungeons & Dragons. I need to find a grog-buddy to keep me on the cardboard chit path.

• Locked thread