Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

The Glorious Kingdom of Kekeke, who hail from China, land of the zerg rush!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Sign me up to general! But only if you find a particularly incompetent or doomed general. I want to die horribly for the honor of insert nation name here!

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Sir! The holy mountains to the north of Nagazaki are named E'mei and Wudang! It is an outrage that these holy mountains- home to the mightiest of Pacom martial arts manga characters and heroes- are in the hands of the filthy turban-wearing Sultanate! We should strike them down with all the might and honor of our armies and reclaim our holy promised land!

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

If there's some kind of 'ridiculous capital ship' naval design philosophy tech tree, we should go down that with all haste. Some people say that the days of massive naval artillery guns are behind us, gentlemen. They are honorless cowards and should be demoted to the rank of assistant deck-scrubber. BIG loving GUNS. :torgue:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

moosecow333 posted:

Part of me wants to re-name Chanel Cove to something eye-rollingly nerdy like Treasure Trove Cove.

Like Candle Cove? :v:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

The Japanese were pioneers with rifle grenades. Their Type 89 grenade launcher entered service in 1929, and was capable of firing 50mm anti-tank ordnance as well as their impressively adaptable Type 91 fragmentation grenades.

Late in the war, they also developed the Lunge Mine and Hook Charge, two desperate antitank weapons for jungle warfare.

EDIT: Jesus, I had no idea that the Japanese Imperial forces were such a political clusterfuck. How the hell did these guys manage to conquer like a eighth of the planet with that kind of infighting? :psyduck:

Ratoslov fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Aug 12, 2014

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

Ultimately, neither in China nor in the Pacific did Japan really have the reserves or production capacity to hold onto that territory once the combined industrial might of the United States and British Empire were turned toward total war.

And in all-out war, industrial capacity is everything. The U.S. alone had something like 8 times the industrial capacity of Imperial Japan at it's peak. Picking a fight with the U.S. under those conditions was maybe the dumbest political decision of World War II, which had quite a few bad political decisions.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Grraaah! The Rat Pack shall never give in against the enemies of Pacom! Take that trench! Fire on that position! CRUSH THEM WITH YOUR FIGHTING SPIRIT, MEN! Strike! Strike! Strike!

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

What do you mean 'We have no bullets'? This combination of words is senseless nonsense! ARRAAERGGGH. I want machine guns. I want better machine guns. And I want bullets for all the guns I already have, and then some! I demand nothing of you, my men, but absolute obedience and to kill when the order is given, and I will give you nothing but glory!

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

LISTEN UP, MAGGOTS! I DID NOT SIGN UP TO BE A GENERAL TO NOT GET LEVELS FROM YOUR CORPSES. Now I want you sons of mothers to get out there and MURDER! Not for the Heavens! Not for Pacom! But for me! MURDER FOR ME, MEN! Do not fear the enemy, for all he can do to you is kill you! Fear me, and give me offerings of blood and victory, and I may spare you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Victory, men. Sake and cigars for everyone. Don't get too drunk, we're probably shipping off to some other godforsaken jungle and doing it all over again tomorrow.

One day, this war's gonna be over. :sigh:

• Locked thread