Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Let's sort this out please and not make it last minute! Judging from people's responses, it'll definitely need to be over the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taye Diggs
Aug 12, 2013

Holla at yo boy
ya I haven't received an invite to join the league or create a team yet :cheeky:

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Dustkoch posted:

ya I haven't received an invite to join the league or create a team yet :cheeky:

I don't have your email yet! It's good to know you still exist, I wasn't sure how to get ahold of you since you don't have PMs

uublog fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Aug 25, 2014

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Diet Crack posted:

Let's sort this out please and not make it last minute! Judging from people's responses, it'll definitely need to be over the weekend.

This is what it seems like, which leaves next weekend preferably, or the night before Week 1.

Next weekend, Yoshifan823 can't do Saturday and LittleFuryThings might not, and Hixalot can't do Sunday. So someone's gonna screwed, I guess.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

uublog posted:

This is what it seems like, which leaves next weekend preferably, or the night before Week 1.

Next weekend, Yoshifan823 can't do Saturday and LittleFuryThings might not, and Hixalot can't do Sunday. So someone's gonna screwed, I guess.

That was this Sunday I couldn't do. I can do next Sunday if that works for everyone else.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Hixalot posted:

That was this Sunday I couldn't do. I can do next Sunday if that works for everyone else.

Oh my bad. I saw "next two Sundays" and thought it was between last week and today for some reason. So the draft is at some point a week from tonight, probably!

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Okay here's what I'm thinking for payout structure. Nobody opposed an increase, and those in favor are good up to $20, which would make for a $320 pool :moneybags:

Of that, the champion gets $160, 2nd place gets $50, and $25 for 3rd. With the remaining $85, $5 goes to the team the leads the league in points each of the 13 weeks of the regular season, and if you score the most points over the course of the entire regular season, you get your :20bux: buy-in back.

BTW that's weeks 1-13 for regular season, from which each division winner and 4 wild cards make the playoffs. Week 14 is for the divisional round, week 15 for the "conference" round (apparently there's no conference feature on ESPN, smh), and weeks 16 and 17 for the championship.

In terms of scheduling, I am a weird nerd and I want to set this dumb poo poo up myself again. {it's because I must have control over anything and everything when schedules got hosed up last season and I had to reconfigure myself I realized it was a decent idea despite the assload of :effort:) So, weeks 1-3 and 11-13 are reserved for division games, in a dumb attempt to create late-season playoff races, while weeks 4-10 are for randomly generated non-division games, because there ain't poo poo else I can do with seven games without some conference system that would arbitrarily defined anyway.

I think that covers everything, but it probably doesn't.

e: ...And I already forgot something! :siren:Paypal your moneys to uublog74 [at] gmail [dot] com:siren:

uublog fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 26, 2014

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This all sounds awesome. I'm paid up.

Taye Diggs
Aug 12, 2013

Holla at yo boy

uublog posted:

I don't have your email yet! It's good to know you still exist, I wasn't sure how to get ahold of you since you don't ha g e PMs

my bad! lol

dustkochen@hotmail.com

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Sent!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

So can we say Sunday the 31st of August, 8pm Eastern? That should cover most hopefully?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Also here, have a draft kit!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B05Dmqq14azhVWU1T2ZmdF9fZTA/edit?usp=sharing

e: sharing was messed up

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 25, 2014

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Hey, I was looking for where to send the money, and admittedly my eyes are pretty bad but I can't find it. Send me a link to jwlockamy at gmail or point out to me what obvious link I'm missing and I'll get on my fees.

MrDoDo
Jun 27, 2004

You better remember quick before we haul your sweet ass down to the precinct.
Sent my :10bux: :10bux:

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Lock posted:

Hey, I was looking for where to send the money, and admittedly my eyes are pretty bad but I can't find it. Send me a link to jwlockamy at gmail or point out to me what obvious link I'm missing and I'll get on my fees.

uublog posted:

e: ...And I already forgot something! :siren:Paypal your moneys to uublog74 [at] gmail [dot] com:siren:

Admittedly it was at the end of a long as heck post and I didn't think to bold or siren it until you mentioned not being able to find it

e: haha you're having this problem all over the place today!

uublog fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 26, 2014

Taye Diggs
Aug 12, 2013

Holla at yo boy
cash money sent

Diet Crack posted:

So can we say Sunday the 31st of August, 8pm Eastern? That should cover most hopefully?

yeah so are we rolling with this?

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Dustkoch posted:

cash money sent

yeah so are we rolling with this?

I went with 8:30 actually. Don't know what time zones we're covering but hopefully it's a good balance for all. It's gonna be a marathon, though... anybody happen to remember how long we went last year?

e: I checked the thread somehow it was only two and a half hours. I guess it really speeds up towards the end when you can nominate and win a guy unopposed

uublog fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Aug 26, 2014

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
I coulda sworn it was like 4 hours. lol felt like it

anyways I'll send my Goon Cash Moneys your way today

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It only took an hour and a half tops from what I remember.

Also uublog is it alright if I pay first week of September? Waiting for a paycheck.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Diet Crack posted:

It only took an hour and a half tops from what I remember.

Also uublog is it alright if I pay first week of September? Waiting for a paycheck.

As long as I can deliver payouts in a reasonable amount of time this year! Though if I had someone to pass the blame on to, that would be also be better than last year's, so

For some reason (like 100 extra picks compared to a 10-team league) I thought it took an ungodly amount of time, though I may be thinking of another gigantic league I was in, and we were just expecting it to take forever. Considering I did a 10-team tonight in an hour and a half (granted, 19 keepers probably helped with that) I'd be pretty happy with two and a half for us.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Depth matters. (That's what she said atleast)

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

uublog posted:

Admittedly it was at the end of a long as heck post and I didn't think to bold or siren it until you mentioned not being able to find it

e: haha you're having this problem all over the place today!

You know it man. But taking care of all that tonight. And yeah, the currently scheduled time works perfectly for me, 9:30 in the morning on a day off.

e: Paypal's not accepting my payment attempts right now. I'll try again later tonight.

e2: Success. Good to go!

Lock fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Aug 27, 2014

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Paid up. I'm ready for this poo poo. Not making any mistakes like Steven Jackson for $40 again.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

uublog posted:

I went with 8:30 actually. Don't know what time zones we're covering but hopefully it's a good balance for all. It's gonna be a marathon, though... anybody happen to remember how long we went last year?

e: I checked the thread somehow it was only two and a half hours. I guess it really speeds up towards the end when you can nominate and win a guy unopposed

dumb question but I'm in Australia, this is 8.30pm Eastern Daylight Time (New York) time right?

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Homestar Runner posted:

dumb question but I'm in Australia, this is 8.30pm Eastern Daylight Time (New York) time right?

Correct, I think that's like 10:30 or 11:30 on Monday out there?

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
9.30am where I'm from! All good, thanks.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Homestar Runner posted:

Fistbump, fellow Pacific drafter.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Triple Bump for Oceania. Maybe we need our own division.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
bumps all round mateys!

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Money from the bank
Shorty what you drank

LittleFuryThings
Jan 11, 2012
Just an hour and a half, lads.

I'm getting nervous. 250 mock drafts was not enough!

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Paid up and ready to draft and defend my title. Bring it!

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

this draft is loving insane

LittleFuryThings
Jan 11, 2012
It's me. I'm the dick who made this take so long :/

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol @ that draft

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
That draft went SO much better than last year's. I'm really happy with my team.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress Arian Foster.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Gonna be an interesting year...RB's? What are those?

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
i commit draft seppuku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Bonham posted:

i commit draft seppuku

Were you one of the autodrafters? lmao you're hosed

I have 7 WR. That seems excessive. I spent a total of $35 on them (because they're mostly terrible)

16-team!!!

• Locked thread