Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Did I mention I love all the weird bugs in the game, the flying zombie was a pretty good one. Here's some poo poo I've encountered:

Legless zombies being put in sleeper holds

People hovering midair

Zombies stuck in their animations even after death

Just a small selection, theres so much that can go wrong with this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

When I was trying to clear out an infestation via car, I got it permanently stuck, stuck between and lifted by two small wooden fences. It's like it's jacked up to change the tires or something. You can't drive it out, but it also isn't upside-down so it won't explode either.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Pander posted:

When I was trying to clear out an infestation via car, I got it permanently stuck, stuck between and lifted by two small wooden fences. It's like it's jacked up to change the tires or something. You can't drive it out, but it also isn't upside-down so it won't explode either.

How well does it work as a sniper's nest? :v:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Mmmmnope. Can't get in anymore. Won't explode either though.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

FrickenMoron posted:

Did I mention I love all the weird bugs in the game, the flying zombie was a pretty good one. Here's some poo poo I've encountered:

Legless zombies being put in sleeper holds

People hovering midair

Zombies stuck in their animations even after death

Just a small selection, theres so much that can go wrong with this game.

Haha, those are all great! The bugs are always good for some unexpected entertainment.

HEY

Me and Skippy are joined by MisterMcPunchy (Hotwire)

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I love how specific this game can be with the reasons you've lost trust.

And how you can earn back the trust after setting them on fire repeatedly by giving them stuff.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
It's annoying when your asthmatic chef or mechanic with a gimpy leg and a bad back decides that they're going to head out armed only with a table leg and hunt a juggernaut or something. There's a mod to stop 'special skill' survivors doing that, as it happens.

That scripted siege fight is definitely something of a difficulty spike. I didn't die when I did it, but I came closer than I had before. Actually I've never had a survivor I've been directly controlling die - though I have had AI-controlled survivors that were with me get killed. Especially in Lifeline. :negative:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Please drive like that all the time. Thanks in advance.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Did you hit someone with the ghost of a car door? :psyduck: It's at 23:06.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

I think they fixed the glitch with getting extra loot by "calling scavengers" and then putting it in a truck. I think it actually needs to be on your person, because I've tried that a few times now and just parked the trucks and ran off and did other things, only to come back to an empty truck.
Maybe zombies stole my poo poo? Or maybe I just didn't do it correctly?

That being said, this thread has finally made me install and play this game, and I am enjoying it, although it's getting a little tedious, and I'm really wishing there was an option to make things decay way way slower when you're not playing.

I also haven't figured out how to use any of the special attacks. A couple of my characters have learned special attacks, and under the skill it just says that I can use it, now how..

Thanks for another entertaining LP skoolmunkee.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I never went outside when I went to help the Wilkersons. Mickey was an animal up there on the balcony. I usually just hang inside and pop out with the occasional firebomb. Things can get pretty hectic at the end.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

fullTimeLurker posted:

I also haven't figured out how to use any of the special attacks. A couple of my characters have learned special attacks, and under the skill it just says that I can use it, now how..

Off the top of my head, if you hover over the description of the special attack (or something associated with it in the UI - can't remember), the game prompts you for the button you can press to get more info; including how to do the attack. It's not exactly a shining moment in the game's interface design, but the info is in there somewhere.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Yeah I think I goaded Skippy in to playing this originally. At the very least, I vetted it pretty heavily and was on the stream he mentioned :staredog: This mission can be rough.

I played this when it was brand-spankin' new on the 360. A few things:
1) On this mission, I encountered THREE bigg'uns. Not sure if it was something that got patched due to difficulty or if I had bad luck, but I absolutely had three of them.
2) Mickey was NOT shooting anything in my playthrough.

What happened in the end is that I burned out my ammo before the final big bastard. First wave had one, second wave had a pair of them. Killed one with my final bullet, and the third one decided to glitch in to the house. My next plan? Hit it with a car I parked out front. Well, it did some damage. But it wrecked my car holy poo poo.

After seeing what Skool dealt with, I wonder if this mission got nerfed. It was loving BRUTAL when I first played it, and this looked like it had way less zoombles.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Geop posted:

Yeah I think I goaded Skippy in to playing this originally. At the very least, I vetted it pretty heavily and was on the stream he mentioned :staredog: This mission can be rough.

I played this when it was brand-spankin' new on the 360. A few things:
1) On this mission, I encountered THREE bigg'uns. Not sure if it was something that got patched due to difficulty or if I had bad luck, but I absolutely had three of them.
2) Mickey was NOT shooting anything in my playthrough.

What happened in the end is that I burned out my ammo before the final big bastard. First wave had one, second wave had a pair of them. Killed one with my final bullet, and the third one decided to glitch in to the house. My next plan? Hit it with a car I parked out front. Well, it did some damage. But it wrecked my car holy poo poo.

After seeing what Skool dealt with, I wonder if this mission got nerfed. It was loving BRUTAL when I first played it, and this looked like it had way less zoombles.

Yes, I destroyed two cars from running over/into zombies on this mission, one I had driven there, and one that was on the property already.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Geop posted:

I think the missing zombies at the beginning of the LP video was a glitch. Occasionally that happens during siege missions, and in breakdown now and then Lily will say "we've got a lot of hordes headed our way tonight" but then there will only be like, one.

I played on the 360 from its original release also! I only had one juggernaut. I wonder if your extras wandered over from nearby? Big uns can spawn out there, though I don't think they're really supposed to until after that mission.

I should point out that I had it pretty easy this mission. Maybe they did patch it to be easier, but normally there is a big difficulty spike there and you really get into trouble with multiple waves of zombies and then throw in the juggernaut. You might actually get a second one, because I have a distinct memory of one of the wilkersons yelling "geez how many of those miller boys are there?" If you don't really know what's coming you get trampled.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yes, I destroyed two cars from running over/into zombies on this mission, one I had driven there, and one that was on the property already.
God, the number they do on cars totally blew me away. When I tried to ram that one at the house with one of the two nearby cars, I went from :black101: to :stonk: instantly. I distinctively remember my front two tires EXPLODING.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Near the end, I was reduced to just sort of slowly squishing that last fat zombie with the ruined car against the porch or something because I literally had no other way to hurt him. The chest inside the house didn't have anything I could take and I'm pretty sure I was using Maya.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I know at least two can spawn on PC as of last month. They don't always do so, but the Wilkersons have dialogue for at least two.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Geop posted:

God, the number they do on cars totally blew me away. When I tried to ram that one at the house with one of the two nearby cars, I went from :black101: to :stonk: instantly. I distinctively remember my front two tires EXPLODING.
Oh, they will explode from the impact: that's how tough those fat bastards are.
And I remember having to face two the first time I did this mission, along with a lot of regular zombies following them. Thankfully I had a fair few molotovs and a good assault rifle, so I managed to get through without my survivor getting mauled too much.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Do cars take damage from backing in to the big ones?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Yea, the first time I played that mission I didn't even get one big one, or if I did the Bandits killed them while I was out wrassling normal zombies and tossing russian ministers.

countzio
Jan 30, 2014

Geop posted:

I had two of them when I first played the mission when State of Decay was Early Access on Steam. I think it was about the same amount when I did the file I finished the game on but something I noticed is that eventually they backed off after I killed the other zombies in the area.

The same happened when I helped another group defend against a siege, so maybe it's a mercy thing in case you forgot to bring heavy-duty stuff or ran out? It takes a while though so probably not the best idea.

Doctor Goat posted:

Yes, you can wreck a car pretty easily if you attack one of them with it. Big'uns/Juggernauts are one of the two special zombies that hitting with a car is a bad idea.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Can you channel zombies to a particular window by not boarding it up, or do they just pick a window and try to get through it, boarded or no?

Voyeur
Dec 5, 2000
I like to watch.
They don't search for clear entrances, they just hammer at whichever entrance is in front of them. Leaving a door open might work slightly better than trying to predict which window they're going to go for though.

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.
And, when fighting the forces of darkness, always remember: "Armor of Darkness, Weapon of Light"

Voyeur posted:

They don't search for clear entrances, they just hammer at whichever entrance is in front of them. Leaving a door open might work slightly better than trying to predict which window they're going to go for though.

If you're good on painkillers, you can usually just let them hammer at the windows and go outside to backstab them.
I say 'if you're good on painkillers', because occasionally a feral or 'big'un' will show up - I'm not sure if the ferals are part of the quest, but I have encountered some during a siege.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

Sort of.
You blow out the rear tires doing it the first or second time, but otherwise there's no damage the car's "health," so you can drive it back home and let it be repaired if you have a level two workshop or whatever the requirement for that ability is. I think, at least.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Hello I have updated our survivor profiles. Next post will be some Zombie Survival Guide stuff!

Also trying to upload the next update, but youtube is having some kind of uploader problem so we'll see.

Survivors

Marcus Campbell - Weak against curbs. Has no other weaknesses. Is unstoppable.
Leadership, Powerhouse (specced for Pro Wrestling) (specced for Heavy weapons)

Ed Jones - Do we need accountants in the zombie apocalypse? You tell me, Skippy.
Reflexes (specced for Bladed weapons)

Maya Torres - She murdered Colton and Strand.
Eagle-eyed (+shooting), Soldier (+shooting, +fighting) (specced for rifles)

Lily Ritter - You killed her undad. She likes to talk. Turns into a werewolf on the full moon.
Loved movies (-cardio), Asthma attacks (-cardio)

Pastor William - As pastor of Church of the Ascension, you'd think he'd have more experience with those who are risen.
Bum knee (-crouching)

Sam Hoffman - Ask her about her big dick, I guess.
Nimble, Loved cycling (+cardio), Problem solver (+wits)

Jacob Ritter - Lily's flaky brother. Was Eli's boyfriend, til Eli died and we smashed Eli's melon head in with with a crowbar. So sad.
Powerhouse

Ashlyn Noland - Never left the house. Probably a cat lady. Quietly useful.
Nimble, Fitness Guru (+cardio)

Caden O'Rourke - Why do you keep going on special zombie hunts, Caden? Why?
Mechanic, Cook, Problem Solver (+wits), Bad Back (-encumberance)

Dominga Nieminen - Shoutout to hot moms! Heh heh, "fast hands."
Fast Hands (+fighting)

Karen Tolbert - A drinker, a lush, AND a party girl. That's about it really.
Lush (-wits)

Brody Somethingorother - Saddled with Karen, driven out by the army. Doesn't actually have kids probably. Was set up to die helping the Wilkersons but somehow survived. He's all right.
I think he might have a cardio bonus maybe?

EXILES

Alan Gunderson - He's the kind of man who doesn't have a butt. Also an otaku. He got sad or scared or something so :frogout:
Range shooting (+shooting), Eagle eyed (+shooting), Cop (+shooting)

IN MEMORY OF:

Thomas Ritter - Beaten-dead dad.
Construction, Leadership

Wendell Higgins - Never heard of her.
Research

Sheila Brookstone - Loving mother of three, recently separated from Charles. Holed up in her white-trimmed craftsman style home when the outbreak began, but was unable to save her children when little Thomas would not stop screaming "Spongebob Squarepants," attracting dozens of the undead. She no longer believes in God.
Loved hiking (+cardio, +wits), Asthma Attacks (-cardio)

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

The Zombie Survival Guide posted:

Weapons and Combat Techniques
Choosing the right weapons (never carry just one) can make the difference between a pile of dead zombies and becoming one yourself. When confronted with the undead, it is easy to believe in the super-commando strategy: Load up with the heaviest, most powerful weapons possible and go out to "kick rear end." This is not only foolish- it is suicidal. Arming yourself for a zombie encounter requires careful consideration, a cool head, and a practical analysis of all factors involved.

General Rules
1. OBEY THE LAW
2. TRAIN CONSTANTLY
3. CARE FOR YOUR TOOLS
4. BEWARE DISPLAY ITEMS
5. DEVELOP THE FIRST WEAPON

The human body, if cared for and trained properly, is the greatest weapon on Earth. Obey a strict diet and physical fitness regimen. Concentrate on cardiovascular instead of strength-building exercise. Monitor any chronic health conditions you may have, no matter how small. Even if your worst ailment is allergies, treat them regularly! When a situation does arise, you must knowexactly what your body is capable of!

Most of the time in this game we only carry around one weapon. Also we eat Twinkies constantly. Oops!

Close Combat
Hand-to-hand combat should almost always be avoided. Remember, the only way to kill a zombie is by destroying its brain. This is not as easy as it sounds. The human skull is one of the hardest, most durable surfaces in nature. So, of course, is the zombie’s. Extreme force is needed to fracture, let alone shatter it.

WRONG

On The Defense
What is the perfect protection from the undead? Truthfully, there isn’t one. Defense isn’t as simple as physical safety. Supposing you manage to find, build, or modify a structure to keep the external threats at bay- then what? Zombies will not just go away, and there’s no telling how long it will take for rescue. How will you survive? Hunger, thirst, disease, and many other factors have claimed as many lives as the walking dead. Siege warfare, the type our ancestors faced when their castles or villages were surrounded by enemies, is what you will be facing when the dead walk again. Physical safety is only one part of the equation. To be fully prepared, you must have a working knowledge of stationary survival.

Supplies
Once the private residence is secure, stockpiling for a siege must be undertaken. There is no telling how long it will take for help to arrive. There is no telling if help ever will. Always be prepared for a long siege. Never assume a quick rescue.

A. Weapons
Whereas in the field you must travel light to maintain mobility, in your home you have the luxury of storing and maintaining a plethora of weapons. This does not mean filling your home with any capricious instrument of destruction. Each home arsenal should include:
* Rifle, 500 rounds
* Shotgun, twelve-gauge, 250 shells
* Pistol, .45 caliber, 250 rounds
* Silencer (rifle)
* Silencer (pistol)
* Heavy crossbow (in lieu of silencers), 150 bolts
* Telescopic sight (rifle)
* Night-vision scope (rifle)
* Laser sight (rifle)
* Laser sight (pistol)
* Katana sword
* Wakizashi or other short-bladed sword
* Two knives with smooth, six– to eight-inch blades
* Hand hatchet
(NOTE: This list applies to a single individual. Numbers should be adjusted depending on the number of people in the group.)

B. Equipment
Now that all weapons have been chosen, consider what equipment is necessary for your maintenance and perhaps even survival. In the short run, standard disaster-survival kits will suffice. Any longer, and the material below will be necessary. Common household items such as clothing, toilet paper, etc., are assumed to be kept on hand in reasonable quantities.
* Water, three quarts per day, for cooking and washing
* Hand-pumped water filter
* Four replacement filters
* Cistern for collecting rainwater
* Iodine and/or purification tablets
* Canned food, three cans per day (preferable to dried goods in that they contain some water)
* Two portable electric stoves
* Advanced medical kit (must include field-surgery implements and antibiotics)
* Bicycle-powered electric generator
* Gasoline generator (to be used only in emergencies)
* Twenty gallons of gasoline
* Rechargeable, battery-powered shortwave radio
* Two battery-powered flashlights
* Two rechargeable, battery-powered electric lamps
* Two rechargeable, battery-powered and/or solar-powered radios
* Appropriate reinforcement materials, including lumber, bricks, mortar, etc.
* Extensive tool kit, including sledgehammer, ax, handsaw, etc.
* Lime and/or bleaching powder in sufficient supply to maintain latrine
* One high-powered telescope (80X?100X), with spare lenses and cleaning equipment
* Fifteen emergency flares
* Thirty-five chemical light sticks
* Five fire extinguishers
* Two sets of earplugs
* Spare parts for all aforementioned machinery and user?s manuals
* Extensive library of manuals, including a general disaster manual
(NOTE: As with weapons, personal items such as food, water, and medicine must be multiplied for the number of people in your group.)

Raise your hand if you are properly supplied!

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

"It's video games, Scully."
Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."
I don't remember, is there an explanation why it has to be a sexy Nippon sword, not just any sword?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

supermikhail posted:

I don't remember, is there an explanation why it has to be a sexy Nippon sword, not just any sword?

I believe partly because it is a weapon designed for slashing rather than poking.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Yeah something like that, it's in the book somewhere. There's a lot of weapon stuff

youtube is taking its time today so it may not have processed up to 720p yet sorryyyyy

Next episode is already recorded and will be a little short (mostly house hunting) so I'm gonna try and get it out before ummm Wednesday? Then yall can do more votin~~

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

supermikhail posted:

Because its written by someone who actually doesn't know that much about weapons. See also that the pistol you need has to be chambered in 45 MANSTOPPAS because wimpy euro-pellets just won't do the job.

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."
I'd like to put here a disclaimer that I didn't mean to pack as much disdain for the author's tastes in my previous post as it seems. It's one of my favorite books and I don't even deduct points for some boring passages. Besides, if I were given the choice, I would have probably gone with a sexy Nippon sword myself (partly because it's the only type of sword I've handled for any amount of time worthy of consideration, but that's beside the point). But I hope skoolmunkee quotes the rationale for the choice of the weapon sometime. (I don't have the book myself anymore.:shobon:)

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

This is the most relevant section probably!

quote:

2. Edged Weapons

Blades, in any form, have advantages and disadvantages over bludgeons. Those that have
enough strength to split the skull rarely stand up after many repetitions. For this reason, slicing,
particularly decapitation, serves almost the same function as a head blow. (Note: The severed
head of a zombie is still able to bite and must be regarded as a threat.) The advantage of slicing
over bludgeoning is that it can make killing a zombie unnecessary. In some cases, simply
chopping off a limb or severing the spine is enough to disable an undead assailant. (Note:
Severing a limb also brings the possibility of contact with the virus through the exposed area.)

The civilian ax can easily crush a zombie’s skull, smashing through bone and brain in one
swing. Decapitation is equally easy, which is why the ax has been the favored tool of
executioners for centuries. Connecting with a moving head, however, might be difficult.
Furthermore, if the swing ends in a total miss, you might be taken off balance.
The smaller, one-handed hatchet is a good weapon of last resort. If you find yourself
cornered, and larger weapons are useless, a hatchet blow will more than take care of an
attacker.

The sword is the ideal edged weapon, but not every kind will suffice. Foils, rapiers, and
similar fencing weapons are not suited for slicing. Their only possible use would be a direct
stab through the eye socket followed by a quick swirling action through the brain. This motion,
however, has been accomplished only once, by a trained swordsman, and is therefore not
recommended.

Single-handed long swords allow you a free hand for other tasks such as opening a door or
defending your body with a shield. Their only drawback is the lack of swinging power. One arm
may not have the strength to slice through the thick cartilage between bones. Another drawback
is its user’s notorious lack of accuracy. Scoring a flesh wound anywhere on the body of a living
opponent is one thing. Making an exact, clean chop through the neck is something else altogether.
Double-handed swords could be considered the best in their class, providing the strength
and accuracy for perfect decapitation. Of this type, the Japanese Samurai Katana ranks first. Its
weight (three to five pounds) is perfect for long-term conflicts, and its blade can sever the
toughest organic fiber.

In tight quarters, shorter blades hold the advantage. The Roman Gladius is one choice,
although combat-ready replicas are hard to find. The Japanese Ninjite boasts a twohanded grip
and, in genuine models, renowned tempered steel. Both factors make it a superior weapon. The
common machete, because of its size, weight, and availability, is probably your best choice. If
possible, find the military type usually sold at Army surplus stores. Its steel tends to be of a
higher quality, and its blackened blade helps concealment at night.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I am kind of glad I never got this book as a kid like I wanted to.

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

Video games?"
"Hmm... interesting."
You definitely need to be in a particular mood to appreciate the instructional part; there is also a "historical accounts" part, and it's for a much broader audience I think, but I'm a fan of historical accounts, especially ancient history (or maybe it'd be more honest to say "fictionalized historical accounts"?). Oh, as I got quite immersed in the instructional part, I sort of remember coming away with the impression that the safest bet is actually a machete. Well, it is named "probably your best choice" (thanks, skoolmunkee, btw), but in the close-quarters category. Why the katana specifically got "short"-listed, though? It probably would have been better to say "a slashing long blade" and "a short blade", or something. :shrug:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I just noticed Caden, the guy obsessed with weird zombies, is also the cook.

Please check the meat you get in from now on for bullets and/or glowing eyes.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Hmmm, very observant!

ZSG note, I think his 'supplies' lists were a compromise of what's effective vs what can be readily and legally obtained/stored? I can't remember. I mean it's written like an infallible guide but there's a lot of guide points like "consider these things when choosing a weapon" because context.

People might have a specific memory of the katana being an effective weapon because of the World War Z book, where a Japanese nerdlinger picks one up and somehow manages to get really good with it (blind dude was cooler though.) Since supermikhail mentioned the 'historic' accounts in ZSG, here's the one involving a katana~

ZSG posted:

1942 A.D., THE CENTRAL PACIFIC
During Japan’s initial advance, a platoon of Imperial Marines was sent to garrison Atuk, an
island in the Caroline chain. Several days after landing, the platoon was attacked by a swarm of
zombies from the inland jungle. Initial casualties were high. Without any information about the
nature of their attackers or the correct means of destruction, the marines were driven to a
fortified mountaintop on the north end of the island. Ironically, as the wounded were left to die,
the surviving marines spared themselves the danger of taking infected comrades with them. The
platoon remained stranded in their mountaintop fortress for several days, lacking food, low on
water, and cut off from the outside world. All this time, the ghouls were besieging their position,
unable to scale the steep cliffs but preventing any chance of escape. After two weeks of
imprisonment, Ashi Nakamura, the platoon sniper, discovered that a head shot was fatal to a
zombie. This knowledge allowed the Japanese to finally combat their attackers. After
dispatching the surrounding ghouls with rifle fire, they advanced into the jungle for a complete
sweep of the island. Eyewitness accounts have the commanding officer, Lieutenant Hiroshi
Tomonaga, decapitating eleven zombies with nothing but his officer’s Katana (an argument for
the use of this weapon). A postwar examination and comparison of records have shown that
Atuk is in all probability the same island that Sir Francis Drake described as “the Isle of the
Damned.” Tomonaga’s own testimony, given to American authorities after the war, states that
once radio communication with Tokyo had been reestablished, the Japanese High Command sent
specific instructions to capture, not kill, any remaining zombies. Once this was accomplished
(four ghouls had been successfully bound and gagged), the Imperial Submarine I-58 was
dispatched to retrieve the undead prisoners. Tomonaga confessed his lack of knowledge of what
happened to the four zombies. He and his men were ordered not to discuss their experience,
under penalty of death.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

The only reason to ever pick double kill over pro wrestling is because there's an achievement for doing a double kill. So you get your achievement and you're stuck with a useless skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
The Double Kill sounds cooler when you read the two side by side, but it really doesn't live up to the chain of death that the pro wrestling move gives you, while also loading you up with invincibility frames constantly.

• Locked thread