Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

I feel like I should be on a registry just for looking at this.

Although I'm deeply proud that despite being a lifelong nerd and loser I didn't recognize one single character.

they're all from the same game noob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

mind the walrus posted:

I feel like I should be on a registry just for looking at this.

Although I'm deeply proud that despite being a lifelong nerd and loser I didn't recognize one single character.

It's all the characters from Senran Kagura

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
I enjoyed Mass Effect, KOTOR, Jade Empire, The Last of Us and Heavy Rain, but they did not make me cry.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I cry at certain movies and books too. Are you stoic goons immune to those as well or is it just videogames?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I don't cry.

I weep silent manly tears.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I cry at certain movies and books too. Are you stoic goons immune to those as well or is it just videogames?

Serious post: Casablanca moves me. Stupid, I know, but I enjoy it anyway.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Trixie Hardcore posted:

layman's media cannot touch the aspie goon's heart of stone

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I cried at the end of titanic because of what a oval office Rose was for not sharing the fuckin raft with Jack and how it was the entire downfall of the patriarchy in the 90's.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

tango alpha delta posted:

Serious post: Casablanca moves me. Stupid, I know, but I enjoy it anyway.

Play it again, Sam.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I am suspicious of any man who doesn't get at east a little misty eyed at Big Fish

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

boom boom boom posted:

I am suspicious of any man who doesn't get at east a little misty eyed at Big Fish

Now, this I agree with.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

My eyes widened a little at Life of Pi. Does that count?

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

Play it again, Sam.

It's not even that. The scene that really gets me is the young couple, where she is going to trade sexual favors to Captain Renault so that she and her husband can leave Casablanca. Rick lets the husband win at roulette, so that the wife is spared. It's a loving awesome scene and I love it.

No video game comes close to the emotions in that scene. I'm not sure a videogame could.

EDIT:The opening of the Last of Us comes pretty close to moving me.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Aug 3, 2014

LuisN
Sep 10, 2011
To The Moon for some reason... the scene in the lunch room towards the end. It's a beautiful game.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I cried at the ending of Mass Effect 3, because it was hilariously bad.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Trixie Hardcore posted:

there are still a lot of guys that have that childish "real men don't cry" sorta pathetic macho-posturing bullshit going on in their heads. i cry if something is well written and really sad, i don't give a gently caress what medium it is.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I really enjoyed the ending of 1 and 2. Very, very well done. I felt like a complete badass.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I just sat there in stunned silence for a few moments. All those years of build up and THIS is what it lead too?!? :suicide:

I did feel legitimately bad during the suicide mission in Mass Effect 2 though. I thought I'd done everything perfectly and was gonna get through it with 0 casualties. Then it turned out I hosed up and got one of my favorite squad members killed. At first I didn't even believe it since I wasn't even sure how it happened. Then I got mad at myself for being dumb and mad at the game for tricking me. As bad as Bioware is they can really make you feel involved in the game when they aren't tripping over their own "brilliant" plot twists.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

there are still a lot of guys that have that childish "real men don't cry" sorta pathetic macho-posturing bullshit going on in their heads. i cry if something is well written and really sad, i don't give a gently caress what medium it is.

Absolutely. The Cay makes me cry because it's so awesome. Everyone should read it.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

I just sat there in stunned silence for a few moments. All those years of build up and THIS is what it lead too?!? :suicide:

I did feel legitimately bad during the suicide mission in Mass Effect 2 though. I thought I'd done everything perfectly and was gonna get through it with 0 casualties. Then it turned out I hosed up and got one of my favorite squad members killed. At first I didn't even believe it since I wasn't even sure how it happened. Then I got mad at myself for being dumb and mad at the game for tricking me. As bad as Bioware is they can really make you feel involved in the game when they aren't tripping over their own "brilliant" plot twists.

My first run through, Thane died. The game is so good that I replayed the whole drat thing just to get the No One Left Behind achievement.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Trixie Hardcore posted:

the only thing that makes me cry are things that i make myself (fantastic posts, pube sculptures, rear end impressions in the fresh snow, etc)

the only thing that can cut a diamond is another diamond

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Business Gorillas posted:

the only thing that makes me cry are things that i make myself (fantastic posts, pube sculptures, rear end impressions in the fresh snow, etc)

the only thing that can cut a diamond is another diamond

Sometimes I make myself cry to get what I want, if that's comparable.

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
The ending of No One Lives Forever 2 when the super mutant kills himself to save you. I didn't cry (far too manly for that) but it was a sweet scene.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

boom boom boom posted:

I just watched this for the first time. I didn't even know what it was about, and partway through I was thinking to myself, "What the hell is this? An entire movie about some old fart with a bunch of dumb stories? Is it going to be like this for the whole thing?" And holy crap, by the end I am crying like a big drat baby. Good poo poo.

Also MGS3 every time. I even cry when the Boss AI drowns itself at the end of Peace Walker, but then again I cry at like everything. A big drat baby lol

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
I got a lump in my throat at the ending of SOTC.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I'm gonna steal this pic. Ok?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

True to life.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
sometime i extinguish cigarettes on my scrotum and then i have a good cry.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

porkchop_express posted:

sometime i extinguish cigarettes on my scrotum and then i have a good cry.

thats a weird thing to admit.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
I cried

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyOQDvkkZo4

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Man, Mother 3 was way too hackneyed and blatant with the trying to pull at your heartstrings bullshit. Earthbound wrapped up way better and was a much better game than 3 on account of it.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

I'm gonna steal this pic. Ok?

its not mine anyway

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

so yeah its okay with me!

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I don't think I've cried at any movie, tv show, book, movie or game

I've gotten close a few times tho

weirdly enough the closest I got with a video game was persona 4, the part where Nanako dies and everyone is freaking out was pretty emotional, but it was hard not to be attached since that game is like 90 hours long

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE
I had my nephews over last night and the older one wouldnt give the younger one the xbox controller when it was his turn. So he cried.

Ive never cried in my life though

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Automatic Retard posted:

I had my nephews over last night and the older one wouldnt give the younger one the xbox controller when it was his turn. So he cried.

Ive never cried in my life though

why didn'y you make him? Or by over did you mean your mom's house?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pooned posted:

Never forget. I cry every time.

Anyone made to play this will cry. They will cry like a bitch.

Fortunately, it will all be tears of laughter.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Police Automaton posted:

When my train in train simulator derailed i threw an autistic fit tears and urine everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
You know what? I actually remember a time I almost cried.

Ninja Gaiden (NES) I could not pass level 5-2. gently caress that game forever.

Pochoclo posted:

You know nothing. I preordered MORTAL ONLINE.

:stare:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Aug 3, 2014

• Locked thread