Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

SelenicMartian posted:

LA Noire traffic generator is goofy. To save memory it spawns many clones of your current car and a few other models. Driving trucks on narrow roads is a blast.

In LA Noire's defense, virtually all open-world games conserve resources by spawning cars from a limited pool of vehicles, which usually includes your own. Pretty much every GTA does this, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Two things you were musing on. A hair shirt was worn as repentance or atonement, usually by monks. Which is what she is calling Phelps.
And that kind of hats are put in place by hatpins, securing them to the hair.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Driver: San Francisco did it and it doesn't even have any running around.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Great Joe posted:

Driver: San Francisco did it and it doesn't even have any running around.

Yeah but because it's all driving all the time, there's less to load into memory.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

No I mean that game had repeating cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Thesaya posted:

Two things you were musing on. A hair shirt was worn as repentance or atonement, usually by monks. Which is what she is calling Phelps.
And that kind of hats are put in place by hatpins, securing them to the hair.

Ah, the first thing is interesting. I thought for sure that "hair shirt" was just some old timey slur against homosexuals.

• Locked thread