Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I don't think you really need to know anything about what the 40's were actually like to get the game. You just have to watch LA Confidential.

By the way, you missed out on the best part of the tutorial - your one and only chance to smear your partner with a truck without any consequences. Could have happened to a better partner, but when it comes to LA Noir you take your fun when you can get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The video sound is a few seconds ahead of the action.

This one of the first occasions in which the game demonstrated to me that it's relying on stupid adventure game logic that wants you to read the designers mind. Balasto and Archer have the same address on the slip, so you should present the slips as proof that they know each other right? Except you can't present both at once (the logical options) and presenting the wrong one first is a complete miss.

In general, I agree with Richard Cobbett - this game presents a facade of Noir trappings without understanding anything about the heart of the genre. A game for people who think watching Chinatown at some point makes them a part of an exceptional movie-going elite.

• Locked thread