Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Claw Massage posted:

I did enjoy Devonta Freeman being shocked that he got hit on a route.

I liked Steven Jackson's reaction even more. Steven Jackson was legitimately the most interesting part of that episode and this is only his 2nd Falcons training camp... and he's loving hurt, so he likely won't be featured for poo poo the rest of the way.

There are almost no other falcons veterans involved in this filming, other than Roddy running his mouth. It seems like they're all pulling a James Harrison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Just always make it the Bengals and Jets. We can alternate.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Gookzilla posted:

The season with Chad Johnson legitimately asking Marvin Lewis how money, banks, and stocks worked? And Carson Palmer making people smell his fingers after having them up a center's rear end all practice?

Yeah, I'd say it edged this episode out. But there's 4 more to go, so we'll see.

I'd consider the Chiefs season to be the best of them all.

I don't remember much from that season for some reason, but just off your brief description it does sound pretty good. :v: I was just curious because I literally don't remember much from that season at all.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Yeah the Jets HN was much more interesting - Kris Jenkins on a golf cart and LETS ALL GET A loving SNACK, aw yeah

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

See Ozu knows what's up :snoop:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Jets one was also great because Rex Ryan gives the most motivating and entertaining speeches Ive ever heard from a sports figure.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"He couldn't play dead in a B Western" is still the greatest moment of Jets Hard Knocks.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Mike Smith is bland as gently caress. He's boring and uncomfortable being filmed.
Mike Smith has that older white guy thing where he always looks like he's smiling when he's talking normally.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Shath Hole posted:

Just out of curiosity, what about this season is bad compared to previous seasons being good?

I have only seen 1 season of HN (Bengals) because I usually have not had HBO, and from what I remember, it seemed kind of on par with what that season was like, but I'm curious if it is just flat out different from previous seasons or if everyone just does not like the Falcons and are making it worse than it really is? I saw that someone said maybe editing was the culprit?

Admittedly, I may have enjoyed it more because it's the team I root for and I know the names and faces...hopefully next episode is better for you guys. Based on responses, it sounds like this season will make people hate Atlanta more than they did before :v:

Let me put it this way. Before the Bengals Hard Knocks I was possibly the biggest hater of James Harrison on this board. Do a search of my post history (don't do that to yourself), look how often I expressed my hate for him or hoped he would be seriously injured during an illegal tackle.

I like him now. A lot.

I haven't seen the new Hard Knocks yet (HBO GO:argh:) but the last one was so compelling that the NFL's worst villain became a favorite of mine, and that should tell you something.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Let me put it this way. Before the Bengals Hard Knocks I was possibly the biggest hater of James Harrison on this board. Do a search of my post history (don't do that to yourself), look how often I expressed my hate for him or hoped he would be seriously injured during an illegal tackle.

I like him now. A lot.

I haven't seen the new Hard Knocks yet (HBO GO:argh:) but the last one was so compelling that the NFL's worst villain became a favorite of mine, and that should tell you something.

That was the second Bengals season. The first one is much worse.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

sportsgenius86 posted:

That was the second Bengals season. The first one is much worse.

Yeah, so?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I don't think it's as bad/boring as everyone is saying. I genuinely like some of the players and i'm probably fueling a ton of hatred towards Mike Tice

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The only entertaining part of this was Biermann's wife's speech impediment

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Blitz7x posted:

I don't think it's as bad/boring as everyone is saying. I genuinely like some of the players and i'm probably fueling a ton of hatred towards Mike Tice

Tice swears like a sailor, which is a plus, but if he can turn that line into an average unit, then I don't give a gently caress how obnoxious he is.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

The only entertaining part of this was Biermann's wife's speech impediment
Facial muscle paralysis

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I don't think it is. Hard Knocks is the one program they consistently keep off of HBO go for some reason.

Probably Goodell/NFL is to blame for this.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chinatown posted:

Probably Goodell/NFL is to blame for this.

It's a licensing issue. They don't have the digital rights to the program.

Ticallion Stallion
Jul 29, 2008

The Audacity Of Dope

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I don't think it is. Hard Knocks is the one program they consistently keep off of HBO go for some reason.

I just watched it through HBO GO, so if it wasn't there before it is now.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ticallion Stallion posted:

It's up. Warming up some piroshkis right now and settling in. :cool:

*edit*
The Dolphins at least opened up with cheerleaders, not loving tractors and cows. :mad:

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 7, 2014

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ticallion Stallion posted:

Yessssss. Watching it tonight.

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
Man that was boring as hell.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mughe posted:

Man that was boring as hell.

Steven Jackson owns, but that minute long "I'm a leader" speech was loving terrible. The Falcons are making me dislike Steven Jackson and that is unacceptable.

The before and after photos of the players is pretty cool though. But other than that any time Mike Smith is on screen I feel like it's a commercial break.

:edit:

My god that was dull. I was hoping to find something worth changing the thread name to, but I think I might have nailed it the first time around. :psyduck: Did the coaches collude to have the Falcons ruin Hard Knocks for good?

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 7, 2014

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't see how anyone can dislike any season of Hard Knocks. I feel like that crew could follow me around at work and somehow make it interesting.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

I don't see how anyone can dislike any season of Hard Knocks. I feel like that crew could follow me around at work and somehow make it interesting.

Have you watched this one yet?

Look, it isn't so much that it is bad as it is that the other seasons stand head and shoulders above it, so far. I feel like they chose too many boring people to follow and Roddy White alone can't overcome the tepidness of the rest of the cast.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm willing to give it time. Mike Smith is amazing at being terrible on screen which is going to be a problem though. Maybe we'll find out he loves the Simpsons or something like Philbin loves Seinfeld to make him slightly interesting.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

they've put it on HBOGo in the past, it's usually just not up as quickly as regular HBO programming and won't last long once the season ends.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
That episode was loving terrible. Remember the first episode of Hard Knocks when it was Miami, in 2012? That poor guy who gets cut on his first day, the three quarterbacks, the storylines, even the intro - there's just no comparison.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
So I've only seen the 2013 bengals hard knocks and this one - are the jets/miami ones the best ones to watch if I want to hit the backlog?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

causticBeet posted:

So I've only seen the 2013 bengals hard knocks and this one - are the jets/miami ones the best ones to watch if I want to hit the backlog?

Jets for sure, I didn't think Miami was that great but it was worth watching. Chiefs from a few years ago I honestly thought would be cool even for non-fans but I can't say for sure.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Jets one is really good as is the Chiefs. Also look up Inside Training Camp: Jaguars Summer which was an NFL Network produced series that was really fun and cool and had you rooting so God drat hard for Josh Scobee.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Everyone said our season was boring when it aired lol

Basically every year people say "ugh why can't the Jets be on it again?"

I just love seeing this side of football. It's awesome having access to meeting rooms, film sessions, hear how coaches and executives speak, etc. It's also a great reminder of how extraordinarily big, strong, and athletic these guys are. They do such a good job capturing the intensity of football.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Grittybeard posted:

Jets for sure, I didn't think Miami was that great but it was worth watching. Chiefs from a few years ago I honestly thought would be cool even for non-fans but I can't say for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6xoiI2ttT0

It was.

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:
How can you recommend seasons without including the 2009 Bengals for the joy of watching an organization running on brusque ugliness.

Their business practices were incredible, such contempt for the players. Mike Brown had no concept of how terrible he'd come across by running his team in an 'emperor's new clothes' family-loaded environment.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
This horrible episode is a perfect storm of a boring uncharismatic team and a terrible job of editing and finding storylines. They haven't even really highlighted the usual group of rookies that viewers follow throughout the episodes to see how and when they get cut. I guess that uglyass white dude with the plantation hat, but I would prefer never to see him on screen.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I actually liked that because I don't really want to get to know Prince Shembo. Who they'll probably have a segment on pretty soon because I don't think they can keep ignoring him.

The only time he was on screen that I noticed him was in the talent show thing where he said his name was rookie.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

How can you recommend seasons without including the 2009 Bengals for the joy of watching an organization running on brusque ugliness.

Their business practices were incredible, such contempt for the players. Mike Brown had no concept of how terrible he'd come across by running his team in an 'emperor's new clothes' family-loaded environment.
Mike Brown is so cheap and I'm glad he's semi-gone.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Pron on VHS posted:

This horrible episode is a perfect storm of a boring uncharismatic team and a terrible job of editing and finding storylines. They haven't even really highlighted the usual group of rookies that viewers follow throughout the episodes to see how and when they get cut. I guess that uglyass white dude with the plantation hat, but I would prefer never to see him on screen.

So angry and bitter! It's been one episode, jesus.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Rerun schedule:

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2014/8/6/5974679/hard-knocks-re-run-schedule-in-cased-you-missed-it

quote:

Hard Knocks Schedule

HBO playdates: Aug. 6 (6:15 p.m., 11:00 p.m.), 7 (12:15 p.m., 2:40 a.m.), 8 (10:30 p.m., 2:00 a.m.), 9 (9:30 a.m., 1:40 a.m.), 10 (noon) and 11 (10:30 p.m.)
HBO2 playdates: Aug. 8 (4:10 a.m.) 12 (5:15 p.m.) and 20 (12:45 a.m.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

Everyone said our season was boring when it aired lol

Basically every year people say "ugh why can't the Jets be on it again?"

I just love seeing this side of football. It's awesome having access to meeting rooms, film sessions, hear how coaches and executives speak, etc. It's also a great reminder of how extraordinarily big, strong, and athletic these guys are. They do such a good job capturing the intensity of football.

Uhhhh, I don't recall any complaints about your team being boring. For gently caress's sake you had Ochocinco on your team at the time. The real complaint was that Philbin was boring, which was fine because it was balanced out by a bunch of absolutely incredible stuff like "I gotta call my gramma".

• Locked thread