Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
this movie suffers from a lack of a cute female lead like mandy moore in a walk to remember

i hear theres a sex scene involving oxygen tanks but this is otherwise the most boring film ive attempted to watch in a while. i just passed the charli xcx song, does it get better??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legasaurusrex
Jun 12, 2014

idk i don't like coming of age stories in general so i'm assuming it doesn't get any better if the oxygen tanks don't blow up

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

isn't she supposed to be 16, OP

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Should just watch Divergent instead.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
i dont want to watch the movie but can you tell me where they put the oxygen tanks and was it stimulating tia

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
what in the gently caress are you talking about?

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
A cancerous movie about cancer

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
so now it looks like its the guy who gets a fresh bout of incurable cancer

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Libelous Slander posted:

A cancerous movie about cancer

Thank You For Smoking?

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
I HAVE AN ENLARDEG PROSTATE AND PRE-DIABETES PLEASE MAKE A YA MOVIE ABOUT ME TIA

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Crow_Rodeo posted:

I finished reading all 3 of the books in this series last month, and then just now I hear there's a movie out. Is it any good?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Otacon posted:

I finished reading all 3 of the books in this series last month, and then just now I hear there's a movie out. Is it any good?

were the books any good? i'm looking for a new series

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

were the books any good? i'm looking for a new series

They're definitely early-adult (If I had read these at 16 it woulda blown my mind) but still enjoyable. First book was very good, 2nd book was sort of good, 3rd book was only there to wrap up the series and provide closure.

At least read the first.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
this movie sucked. boy dies, was hoping she would follow but doesnt.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

this movie sucked. boy dies, was hoping she would follow but doesnt.

In the movie do they break up for a short time because the boy gets tricked into sucking an older guys dick?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Otacon posted:

They're definitely early-adult (If I had read these at 16 it woulda blown my mind) but still enjoyable. First book was very good, 2nd book was sort of good, 3rd book was only there to wrap up the series and provide closure.

At least read the first.

works for me. who's the author?

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

legasaurusrex posted:

idk i don't like coming of age stories in general so i'm assuming it doesn't get any better if the oxygen tanks don't blow up

you know who also didn't like stories where kids grow up? aatrek

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

I am Toni Lippi posted:

In the movie do they break up for a short time because the boy gets tricked into sucking an older guys dick?

i like that bedtime story

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
how do you get tricked into sucking a dick?

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
pizza box with a hole on bottom.

extra sausage

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

hollowed out popsicle

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

porkchop_express posted:

pizza box with a hole on bottom.

extra sausage

i don't usually suck on my pizza until it squirts in my mouth. extra sausage or not

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tuxedo Gin posted:

hollowed out popsicle

thats kinda clever. evil, but clever

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
He told him that he had come up with the cure and while walking around with it in a hypodermic needle he tripped and it was injected into his balls. The boy had to get it out before it was absorbed into the body!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I am Toni Lippi posted:

He told him that he had come up with the cure and while walking around with it in a hypodermic needle he tripped and it was injected into his balls. The boy had to get it out before it was absorbed into the body!

was this boy "special?"

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

i don't usually suck on my pizza until it squirts in my mouth. extra sausage or not

never say "whos dick do i need to suck to get some ranch for my pizza" if you dont want the answer

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

porkchop_express posted:

never say "whos dick do i need to suck to get some ranch for my pizza" if you dont want the answer

i never say that anyway. :shrug:

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

was this boy "special?"

Look even a bad excuse is an excuse to suck a dick.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I am Toni Lippi posted:

Look even a bad excuse is an excuse to suck a dick.

got me there

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUMEq24tqtU&t=110s

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Crow_Rodeo posted:

aka "The dumbest possible way to organize a society: The Movie".

Yeah we only have 5 categories people can go in. You can choose a new one once when you do this ceremony thing, but if you flunk out of them you're homeless forever, no take-backsies. Also we're deeply suspicious of people with more than one personality trait, and the people whose personality trait is "nerd" are all evil.

At least Hunger Games' society had the excuse of money and lady gaga outfits for its dystopia.

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
Shailene Woodley is hot, i will fight you.

e: Divergent is okay, it's a poor man's Hunger Games.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Looks like the next hit YA film is some random film about a maze with killer robots.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Haifisch posted:

aka "The dumbest possible way to organize a society: The Movie".

Yeah we only have 5 categories people can go in. You can choose a new one once when you do this ceremony thing, but if you flunk out of them you're homeless forever, no take-backsies. Also we're deeply suspicious of people with more than one personality trait, and the people whose personality trait is "nerd" are all evil.

At least Hunger Games' society had the excuse of money and lady gaga outfits for its dystopia.

young adult books/movies are really dumb because they dont provide plausible answers to any sort of plausible problem, and the government/society is always the bad guy so the young, attractive teenagers need to save the day by rebelling. a LOT of adults and children die, but most of the teenagers make it out alright to become doctors or cops or whatever and then at the end of the day the problem persists and there's no clearer solution, other than something about "freedom"

hunger games: the government is way oppressive and concentrates all of the wealth to what is basically the top 1% of society. after the government is "defeated", what happens? how do they feed people? what do you do with all of the expensive, luxurious, and ultra-scarce things like electronics and technology? what do they do with the loyalists? is everyone equal now, like a communist utopia? does the new government function democratically or what? Human Beings Are Always Assholes, and it doesnt matter who's in power, it can always be corrupted and hosed up so what are the teenagers really solving?

since ive became an actual adult i realize that movies about rebellion and interesting things are stupid because the screen fades to black or the book ends, but in real life the events of the novels arguably cause more problems than they solved. look at the american revolution: post-revolutionary america was an awful, awful place to live for a bit (not as bad as post-revolutionary france, but still) and the concentration of wealth was pushed even further into the hands of the elite. so what did the revolution REALLY do for the people? not much good.

gently caress this new literary trend about young people rebelling and making the world a better place, the kids are usually just sociopathic assholes anyways and the girl protagonists are the worst because they're all frumpy brunettes but get to gently caress the 6'8 underwear models because the authors are housewives.

wow i feel really strongly about something that doesn't matter and is dumb. i need to jerk off and kill myself

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
I'd boof the gently caress out of mandy more, no shame.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
I'd rather watch dancing with the stars!! Kim kardashin is blazing up the stage wth michael irvin! Corbin blue is gettin' his head in the game! michael shumacker is going for the checkered flag.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

i need to jerk off and kill myself

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

young adult books/movies are really dumb because they dont provide plausible answers to any sort of plausible problem, and the government/society is always the bad guy so the young, attractive teenagers need to save the day by rebelling. a LOT of adults and children die, but most of the teenagers make it out alright to become doctors or cops or whatever and then at the end of the day the problem persists and there's no clearer solution, other than something about "freedom"

hunger games: the government is way oppressive and concentrates all of the wealth to what is basically the top 1% of society. after the government is "defeated", what happens? how do they feed people? what do you do with all of the expensive, luxurious, and ultra-scarce things like electronics and technology? what do they do with the loyalists? is everyone equal now, like a communist utopia? does the new government function democratically or what? Human Beings Are Always Assholes, and it doesnt matter who's in power, it can always be corrupted and hosed up so what are the teenagers really solving?

since ive became an actual adult i realize that movies about rebellion and interesting things are stupid because the screen fades to black or the book ends, but in real life the events of the novels arguably cause more problems than they solved. look at the american revolution: post-revolutionary america was an awful, awful place to live for a bit (not as bad as post-revolutionary france, but still) and the concentration of wealth was pushed even further into the hands of the elite. so what did the revolution REALLY do for the people? not much good.

gently caress this new literary trend about young people rebelling and making the world a better place, the kids are usually just sociopathic assholes anyways and the girl protagonists are the worst because they're all frumpy brunettes but get to gently caress the 6'8 underwear models because the authors are housewives.

wow i feel really strongly about something that doesn't matter and is dumb. i need to jerk off and kill myself

i like the cut of your jib good chap

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

the best young adult novel is 50 shades of grey because it enticed my ex girlfriend to want to do butt stuff which was pretty sweet i guess

but then a couple weeks later i started subconsciously associating the food she eats with how gross it was gonna be the next time i have to jam some loving thing in her rear end in a top hat. like, if your significant other has to become closely intimated with your rear end in a top hat, why dont you be a bro and start eating less cheese or something gently caress

god i hate so many things right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

when do they get to the lovecraft poo poo

• Locked thread