Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

gnarlyhotep posted:

I like how Bill's full name is something like Bill Doodahdoodah Doubledecker Doetreieve and he's the descendant of plantation owners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

gnarlyhotep posted:

thanks tvtropes

if i'm guilty of anything, it's caring too much.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Whatev posted:

I think it's more that the show was good at one point but then got really, really bad.

I dunno exactly when that was, but it went along with Hank's voice becoming a lot less deep and spoken from the chest.

It's not so much that it became "bad" but a few of the later season episodes became VERY weird.

Case in point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brglnkVWaGQ

:stare:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

BKPR posted:

if i'm guilty of anything, it's caring too much.

I hear ya bro :roboluv:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Bill's cousin Gilbert is by far the best minor character in the show. Everything that guy says is amazing.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

CaptainHollywood posted:

It's not so much that it became "bad" but a few of the later season episodes became VERY weird.

Case in point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brglnkVWaGQ

:stare:
No, it became horrible. That episode there was only like halfway through the series total run and stood way out anyway.

It didn't get weird either. It was more the opposite. It got really, really bland, topical, and phoned in and it would be a better episode if it gave you a chuckle or two where the show used to be capable of being genuinely hilarious. You ever see that myspace episode? awful.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Whatev posted:

No, it became horrible. That episode there was only like halfway through the series total run and stood way out anyway.

It didn't get weird either. It was more the opposite. It got really, really bland, topical, and phoned in and it would be a better episode if it gave you a chuckle or two where the show used to be capable of being genuinely hilarious. You ever see that myspace episode? awful.

I haven't seen those episodes but the way you describe it reminds me of the "First Person Shooter" episode of the X Files

easily the worst episode of the entire series, like god drat how do you manage to produce such complete poo poo with such a great film crew and actors

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Drunk Nerds posted:

I forget , but i think its called "the year of living dangerously" thats the best khan episode. Ill look it up tonorrow.

thank you

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Bill's cousin Gilbert is by far the best minor character in the show. Everything that guy says is amazing.

yeah the three or so Zhilbare Fontaine De la Tour D'Haute Rive episodes are such treats

I'm terribly sorry. I've always been a creeper. Violetta says I creep like the kudzu vines that are slowly but surely strangling our Dixie.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

gnarlyhotep posted:

I haven't seen those episodes but the way you describe it reminds me of the "First Person Shooter" episode of the X Files

easily the worst episode of the entire series, like god drat how do you manage to produce such complete poo poo with such a great film crew and actors

they got william gibson to write that one lol

kenny powers
Feb 19, 2011

by XyloJW
Another good Khan episode is "orange you glad i didn't say banana," dealing with him trying to fit in with ted wassonasong and etc. hrbgiah

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

tranime scholar posted:

they got william gibson to write that one lol

drat I forgot about that

apparently Gibson's future fiction was way better than his present day fiction

it's like the guy had never heard of Doom

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

egon_beeblebrox posted:

The only parts I liked involved David Koechner's overly-nice neighbor and the moment when the brother of Clifton Collins, Jr.'s character is so sick of waiting for the truck, he just calls a pizza place to deliver them a 2 liter Pepsi. And the soundtrack. The soundtrack was pretty great.

extract was so forgettable that i got to the end of the page before a nagging feeling brought me back to this post and i was like "oh poo poo, wait yeah i did see that"

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

kenny powers posted:

Another good Khan episode is "orange you glad i didn't say banana," dealing with him trying to fit in with ted wassonasong and etc. hrbgiah

That's the one where he joins the fake Laotian military, right? that one's hilarious.

Just another manic khan-day is up there too. it's end season, but its good. The last season really brought back the quality, like the finale. To Sirloin With Love is a great send-off for the series, it has hank and bobby actually bonding over something, the cookout at the end - its just a good series finale.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
the latter half wasn't as good as the first, but it's not like it pulled a simpsons-level of quality nosedive, i still like the randy savage episode, and Peggy Horror Show

the one latter episode that REALLY bothered me was the one where hank hill takes over a co-op, it introduces like 5 problems when a normal episode would have focused on any one of them, then just glides by all of them to have the guest star save the day a cow

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 20, 2014

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Yaos posted:

The guy that made King of the Hill went on to make a lovely identical show but with liberals.

Beavis and Butthead rocked, dude.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
I take offense to the thread title and the OP. Bill is a saint. drat king oh the hill was a great show.

Peggy was an insufferable character. One of the most unlikable in all of fiction. Shoot her into the sun please.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
peggy kidnapped a mexican child and took her across the border illegally.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
country mac was way better than city mac

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Tsinava posted:

you know peggy was just hoping a younger woman would make hank give her, her own joseph.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

gently caress the ROW posted:

country mac was way better than city mac

Too bad he's burning in hell for being a homosexual.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tsinava posted:

have you tried making GBS threads on your friends face op?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Peggy is easily the worst character in cartoon history. She should have died when that chute didn't open.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

spapeggy and meat balls

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I'm pretty sure Bobby was Bill's kid. So that's another thing to hate Peggy about.

I liked how Dale never learned the truth about Joseph.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I thought it was implied in the last episode that dale knew he had been getting cuckolded the whole time and liked it

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I thought it was implied in the last episode that dale knew he had been getting cuckolded the whole time and liked it

yes because he got to do his own thing have an awesome son and not have to work at all.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Pigmalion is a great episode can't believe some people don't like it

it wasn't even made for the 7th season it was made a couple years earlier but FOX didn't air it until season 7

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

seems more likely bobby is cotton's son, given the resemblance/tension

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

BKPR posted:

seems more likely bobby is cotton's son, given the resemblance/tension

yeah but cotton hated the poo poo outta peggy, as he should.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Lonely Virgil posted:

yeah but cotton hated the poo poo outta peggy, as he should.

sounds like good reason for him to rape her.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Best late era King of the Hill episode is Untitled Blake McCormick Project/3 Men and a Bastard, where Bill starts dating a girl who had a kid with John Redcorn and Dale finds out about it, thinking it's one of the "alien master race" babies like Joseph. Gets even weirder when Joseph starts liking the girl for some cool incest fun.

My description probably doesn't do it justice for how jaw dropping ridiculous that episode is.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

a crucial point in understanding king of the hill is peggy is the villain. she's the foil for everyone else.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Hank forced his finger under the tab of a cold Alamo Beer can, but the metal bit beneath his fingernail and briefly bent the nail backwards. He sighed. As usual, the metal was flimsy, but the flesh was flimsier.

Where there once were four, there are now only three, he thought to himself, noting that Dale was absent, as he had been missing for three days. "Probably up to something harebrained, I'll tell you what," Hank had reassured the other men. "He'll be back." But deep down inside, he wondered what had become of his closest friend. Texas remained impenetrably silent on the matter. It paid no mind to the affairs of mere men. It did not weep for their follies.

As Bill nursed a can of Alamo, he whimpered under his breath. It was a pathetic noise, a sound that came from a man who had been broken by years of brainwashing and abuse. Hank imagined it coming from a POW as he saw the interrogator returning to his cell for the thousandth time. It made him strangely angry. He wanted to crush Bill under his boot, to put him out of his misery.

Dang it. Hank tried to ignore the noise and refocus on his drink. Condensation sweated on the pale skin of the can...but suddenly it was Dale's pale skin and sweat that Hank saw. "I'm on to something big, Haaaaaank," Dale had said in his whiny, nasally voice. "The Bootstrap Paradox, Einstein, Wormhole-deniers...they're all smoke and mirrors to hide the truth that's in plain sight."

For months, Dale had grown increasingly obsessed with the concept of a time machine. And then, recently, he had come to Hank--his noxious body odor clinging to him like a ghost, his skin pale and sagging from his malnourished skeleton, his knuckles burnt from cigarettes chain-smoked to the filter--and seized Hank by his Strickland Propane polo. Despite going perhaps days without food or sleep, his grasp was frighteningly firm. "Hank...Hank. Hank--do you have any uranium?" The question came out strange, almost like a purr.

When Dale looked at Hank, he saw that one of Dale's eyes was pointed in a completely wrong direction; It yawed off to one side at a startling angle. "Ungh, what happened to your eye, Dale?"

"Uranium, Hank: Do you have any of it?" His fingers were like cold claws digging into Hank's shoulders. Suddenly something hard poked Hank in the stomach--a pistol. "I...I don't want to kill you, Hank, but I'm not going to let a little supply and demand get in the way of my time machine. So I'm going to make a demand, and you're going to supply me with some goddamned uranium." Dale licked his lips rapidly.

"Dale," Hank's eyes were full of sadness, "I don't have any uranium."

Suddenly, Dale let Hank go and sprinted for Hank's front yard. He crouched down on the lawn and snatched something out of the grass, clutching it tightly in his bony hands. When Hank looked closer, he realized that it was one of Ladybird's turds. "I'll kill you later, Hank," Dale hissed, and threw himself over the fence that divided their properties.

For the first time in his entire life, Hank couldn't bring himself to finish his beer. He reflected on those final moments with Dale. "Will he ever come back?" Bill had asked, a child in man's flesh. "He will...he always does," Hank had replied.

But part of Hank hoped he wouldn't.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Aug 21, 2014

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Hank forced his finger under the tab of a cold Alamo Beer can, but the metal bit beneath his fingernail and briefly bent the nail backwards. He sighed. As usual, the metal was flimsy, but the flesh was flimsier.

Where there once were four, there are now only three, he thought to himself, noting that Dale was absent, as he had been missing for three days. "Probably up to something harebrained, I'll tell you what," Hank had reassured the other men. "He'll be back." But deep down inside, he wondered what had become of his closest friend. Texas remained impenetrably silent on the matter. It paid no mind to the affairs of mere men. It did not weep for their follies.

As Bill nursed a can of Alamo, he whimpered under his breath. It was a pathetic noise, a sound that came from a man who had been broken by years of brainwashing and abuse. Hank imagined it coming from a POW as he saw the interrogator returning to his cell for the thousandth time. It made him strangely angry. He wanted to crush Bill under his boot, to put him out of his misery.

Dang it. Hank tried to ignore the noise and refocus on his drink. Condensation sweated on the pale skin of the can...but suddenly it was Dale's pale skin and sweat that Hank saw. "I'm on to something big, Haaaaaank," Dale had said in his whiny, nasally voice. "The Bootstrap Paradox, Einstein, Wormhole-deniers...they're all smoke and mirrors to hide the truth that's in plain sight."

For months, Dale had grown increasingly obsessed with the concept of a time machine. And then, recently, he had come to Hank--his noxious body odor clinging to him like a ghost, his skin pale and sagging from his malnourished skeleton, his knuckles burnt from cigarettes chain-smoked to the filter--and seized Hank by his Strickland Propane polo. Despite going perhaps days without food or sleep, his grasp was frighteningly firm. "Hank...Hank. Hank--do you have any uranium?" The question came out strange, almost like a purr.

When Dale looked at Hank, he saw that one of Dale's eyes was pointed in a completely wrong direction; It yawed off to one side at a startling angle. "Ungh, what happened to your eye, Dale?"

"Uranium, Hank: Do you have any of it?" His fingers were like cold claws digging into Hank's shoulders. Suddenly something hard poked Hank in the stomach--a pistol. "I...I don't want to kill you, Hank, but I'm not going to let a little supply and demand get in the way of my time machine. So I'm going to make a demand, and you're going to supply me with some goddamned uranium." Dale licked his lips rapidly.

Suddenly, Dale let Hank go and sprinted for Hank's front yard. He crouched down on the lawn and snatched something out of the grass, clutching it tightly in his bony hands. When Hank looked closer, he realized that it was one of Ladybird's turds. "I'll kill you later, Hank," Dale hissed, and threw himself over the fence that divided their properties.

For the first time in his entire life, Hank couldn't bring himself to finish his beer. He reflected on those final moments with Dale. "Will he ever come back?" Bill had asked, a child in man's flesh. "He will...he always does," Hank had replied.

voted 1 while farting and not reading this

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

this gets me hard. voted 5

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

gotdang it :stare:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
I watched the episode where Hank Hill is tricked into mooning Gov. Ann Richards while in an elevator and I can't ever recall seeing a bigger "GAAAAAAHHHHHHHH" out of Hank it was tremendous, but unfortunately the rest of the episode is made even more awkward by Bill getting together with the former Gov. Ann Richards but completely trainwrecking it because of LEEEENNNNNOOOORRREEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

koth rules

• Locked thread