Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
First time playing with IDP. Does the DSYS rule apply? Is playing Sio Moore over Lavonte David this week real dumb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

the_american_dream posted:

First time playing with IDP. Does the DSYS rule apply? Is playing Sio Moore over Lavonte David this week real dumb?

Yes. Do you have a DP slot you can dump Sio into?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Nah slot for DL Hardy LB David DB Harrison Smith

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 13, 2014

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Suave Fedora posted:

Is that all? McNary looks to be a temporary plug while Freeman heals. I don't know anything about Lattimore.

Hawk will be the guy that does most of the damage in Jones' absence. He'll be assuming his role in the sub packages and I wouldn't be surprised if Lattimore and Barrington split time where there are any few passing downs that Hawk isn't on the field. Unless the game stays close into the 2nd half, I have to think Lattimore's ceiling is very limited. He could be an upside stash if Jones misses a lot of time, though. If he does get a chance to play in the sub packages, and shines, I have to think he'll become the defacto dime LB since that's not exactly Hawk's strong suit.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

There's a lot of week to week variance in IDP. Always start who you think will be best over the course of the season.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

If you're looking for a DB, I think Ryan Mundy is the pick-up right now. Major Wright was one of the top tackling DBs last year and he's nothing particularly special. The Bears defense is weak over the middle, and even with a healthy Briggs, there's not many solid tacklers on that team. Mundy already has 6.5 tackles to his credit and he could be a 100+ total tackle guy by season's end just because of opportunity. If you're in a tackle heavy our balanced system, he's a guy you should roster if you're looking for someone.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Everybody talking about tackling IDPs, what about the IDPs to look out for that are playmakers? My tackles are only 0.75 per tackle. High on everything else though.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
What is scoring for everything else? Typically LBs and JJ Watt will be your highest tacklers.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Aredna posted:

What is scoring for everything else? Typically LBs and JJ Watt will be your highest tacklers.

Some things may look weird with the scoring, like sacks being low. But, yahoo counts sacks as a tackle for loss as well. So, a sack is 4 points (sack = 1, TFL = 3). Stuff stacks like that. Lot of thinking went into the way I devised this up, and it works perfectly. Is very fun and IDP isn't super over powered. The idea, was to get a team of 1 DB, 1 DL, and 2 LBs to average about 20 points like our team defenses did. Makes things fun when your IDP makes some huge play like Poslunsky's pick of Peyton Manning last year. Or, the year before when there was some stupid play where like Wilifork got a sack, forced fumble, fumble recovery, and a TD and scored this team enough points in one play (over 15 points in one play) to win their matchup when it looked like it was completely over with cause DL's don't get a whole lot of points typically.

Yes, JJ Watt feasts upon this league. He scored over 15 points last week. Which is high for us. 5 points is probably average for a DL.

Starting lineup:

1 DB
2 LBs
1 DL

quote:

My current:

DB: Charles Woodson
LB: Mychal Kendricks
LB: Paul Worrilow
DL: Justin Smith

Here's the free agent pile sorted by % owned in Yahoo:

89 fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Sep 13, 2014

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Obama Yo Mama posted:

If you're looking for a DB, I think Ryan Mundy is the pick-up right now. Major Wright was one of the top tackling DBs last year and he's nothing particularly special. The Bears defense is weak over the middle, and even with a healthy Briggs, there's not many solid tacklers on that team. Mundy already has 6.5 tackles to his credit and he could be a 100+ total tackle guy by season's end just because of opportunity. If you're in a tackle heavy our balanced system, he's a guy you should roster if you're looking for someone.

Another 6.5 tackle game for Mundy :slick:

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Mad props to Chandler Jones for being the second highest scoring player on my team (behind Demarco Murray by 0.8 pts) yesterday.

Any plug and play guys for next week who could replace Mason Foster?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Jelanie Jenkins if he's still around

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
Anyone in CB-required ESPN leagues should check if Antoine Cason is on any rosters. He was given 0 points by ESPN this week for some dumb reason despite 10 tackles, 2 FF, and 1 FR. That's a lot of points and can definitely shift a win to a loss, and vice versa.

Oh yeah and if he isn't on anyone's roster, get him for week 3.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well great now I'm never going to trust ESPN again on IDPs!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Should I pick up Mike Bennett or Calais Campbell to stream this week?

Obama Yo Mama posted:

I have Harrison Smith, should I still pick up Mundy? (idp NEWBIE)

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
I don't think Bennett is every-down, so Campbell might be your best shot.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea hes not, just disruptive when he's in. But yea I was leaning Campbell for that reason as well. Thanks

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Should I pick up Mike Bennett or Calais Campbell to stream this week?

I have Harrison Smith, should I still pick up Mundy? (idp NEWBIE)

No, I'd keep rolling with Smith, he's typically studly as far as DBs go, Mundy's just a high-volume tackler and not much else; high floor DB3 with DB2 upside

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Buffalo cornerback situation is infuriating. That is all.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

kiimo posted:

The Buffalo cornerback situation is infuriating. That is all.

This is why I tend to play matchups when it comes to the CB slot.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Do you guys know of any sites that provide useful IDP news and projections? I know that idpguru exists but I'm not willing to pay for this info as of yet.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Greg Hardy is gone.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

Mikey Purp posted:

Do you guys know of any sites that provide useful IDP news and projections? I know that idpguru exists but I'm not willing to pay for this info as of yet.

Fantasy Pros does consensus ratings, which can come in handy for ballpark estimates.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Need a LB to replace Mychal Kendricks. I'm torn...who do I grab?

Khalil Mack (OAK)
Sio Moore (OAK)
Ryan Kerrigan (WAS)
Larry Foote (ARI)
Preston Brown (BUF)
Bjoern Werner (IND) <-- Matchup play on a Jags line that gave up 10 sacks last week
Perry Riley (WAS)

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

That's tough because all of those guys except for Werner should be owned. I like Mack and Brown's upside, Moore is hot right now, and Foote has a pretty high floor. Riley and Kerrigan should see the field a ton.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My scoring system:

my other starting LB is Worrolow.

EDIT: I picked up Preston Brown and Khalil Mack. Might start Mack if Sio Moore is out. Kiko Alsono was my boy last year, so his spirit in my team lives on through Brown. Not quite as cool of a name. Maybe I'll just rename him Kiko Jr.

89 fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Sep 19, 2014

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My team of Derrick Johnson, Mychal Kendricks, Eric Berry and Rolando McClain is looking awesome through 3 weeks :cool:

Edit: VVV All of those players are dead this week VVV

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Sep 20, 2014

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
McClain may not suit up this weekend. His pipi hurts.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Obama Yo Mama posted:

:madmax:

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

Mundy's pick 6 locked in the win for one of my newest dynasty league members who's never done IDP before, against IDPwithBee's team. :laugh:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Professor Moriarty posted:

Mundy's pick 6 locked in the win for one of my newest dynasty league members who's never done IDP before, against IDPwithBee's team. :laugh:

Just 30 more points out of Cutler then your win is in danger too bucko

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Ok, Mundy is dead. I feel like I need a better DB than Woodson. I almost had Chancellor, but I ran out of weekly moves and my opponent grabbed him and beat me after his INT.

What are the IDP pickups for Week 4?

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

89 posted:

Ok, Mundy is dead. I feel like I need a better DB than Woodson. I almost had Chancellor, but I ran out of weekly moves and my opponent grabbed him and beat me after his INT.

What are the IDP pickups for Week 4?

Vacarro. Or any safety playing against Detroit, Houston, or maybe Jax.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I wish this thread was more active. I decided to stick with Woodson for now due to Oakland's injuries up front giving him more opportunity. Decided to drop Justin Smith for Cameron Jordan (was either him or Muhammad Wilkerson). Dropped Preston Brown with Keith Rivers coming back for Jerrell Freeman. I know he's been injured, but maybe he'll be back this week or next week at worst. Also picked up Tyranne Matthews or whatever his name is. Like to think I'll be able to start the Honey Badger within a week or two. Dropped Mychal Kendricks as it's a big question mark over his head for when he'll be back and I don't have many bench spots to keep him along with somebody like Josh Gordon.

So, my lineup this week:

DB: Charles Woodson
DL: Cameron Jordan
LB: Paul Worrilow
LB: Khalil Mack (everybody injured in Oakland, so he's every down now)

I'm keeping my eye on Cyprien on the waiver wire. Will throw Freeman in for Worrilow if he's active as the Falcons don't have a great matchup.

89 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 24, 2014

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vacarro. Or any safety playing against Detroit, Houston, or maybe Jax.

Or Tahir "Taking over Tulloch's role as 3 down defensive playcaller" Whitehead

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

Azhais posted:

Or Tahir "Taking over Tulloch's role as 3 down defensive playcaller" Whitehead

Yeah, yeah, rub in the fact you beat him to me on the WW. WHATEVS.

Also, I'm curious: what do you other folks have to roster in your leagues, IDP-wise? Mine is 2 DE, 1 DT, 3 LB, 2 CB, 2 S, 1 DB flex as well as the usual offense.

Professor Moriarty fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Sep 25, 2014

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
2 LBs, 2 DBs, 1 DL, 1 DP

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

89 posted:

I wish this thread was more active.

I don't post because A) I don't know what the gently caress I'm doing with IDP and B) I'm in the crazy goon IDP league and I don't want the other goons in the league to learn all my secret strategies.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I have no idea what I'm doing either, here are my two strategies:

(1) put LBs in my D flex spot

(2) sort by > solo tackles, descending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Yeah, yeah, rub in the fact you beat him to me on the WW. WHATEVS.

Also, I'm curious: what do you other folks have to roster in your leagues, IDP-wise? Mine is 2 DE, 1 DT, 3 LB, 2 CB, 2 S, 1 DB flex as well as the usual offense.

Other than the 2 16 team leagues, the rest are 10 iirc.

1) Yours (16 team)
2) 3 LB, 2 DL, 2 DB
3) 3 LB, 3 DL, 2 CB, 1 S, 1 DB, 1 DP (16 team)
4) 2 LB, 1 DL, 2 DB, 1 DP
5) 3 LB, 1 DL, 3 DB, 1 DP
6) 4 LB, 2 DT, 2 DE, 2 CB, 2 S, 2 DP (IDP only)

• Locked thread