Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

John Denver Hoxha posted:

the more i think about it the more living daylights owns... necros was probably one of the coolest henchmen even if he didn't really have a gimmick besides being mysterious and having a walkman that he sometimes strangles people with. he like singlehandedly hosed up mi-6s day with that walkman and some special milk bottles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZTrb49wi3o

It's weird because I hated The Living Daylights as a kid and probably would have put it in my bottom 5 Bonds. It was just a really boring snoozefest (though I did love From Russia with Love and License To Kill so it's not like I don't like slower Bonds or Dalton). I think I'll have to give it a shot since it's been ages :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Theshby posted:

magic: the gathering

tellin you guys. bond has to win an international mtg game.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ya OP the best Bond movie was the one based off the really loving dumb poker craze

u nailed it

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Frostwerks posted:

tellin you guys. bond has to win an international mtg game.

Opening scene is some stylized generic fantasy creature silhouettes moving on a multi-colored background. Bond girl is some pseudo-nerdy Asian assassin with coke bottle glasses. She's den mother to the smelly mtg hovel that worships her due to being a girl and not fat and being Asian.

The leading champion tries to get her to kill Bond, but Bond manages to sway her with his charm and get her to turn the tables on the champ by stealing some of his high value cards.

Cut, roll credits, send me my check.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Wicker Man posted:

The leading champion tries to get her to kill Bond, but Bond manages to sway her with his charm and get her to turn the tables on the champ by stealing some of his high value cards.

Cut, roll credits, send me my check.

Bond. Games Bond

:goonsay:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

James Bond goes undercover to infiltrate a suspected American Football owners run gambling ring that's financing terrorism.
Bond has to learn to play football at the professional level. His love interest is a janitor in the stadium by day and a stripper/whore to the owners by night. Played by Rumer Willis.

There are multiple bombs hidden in footballs during the film. In the end Bond fails to discover solid evidence and returns to England. 3.5 hours.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Big Beef City posted:

James Bond goes undercover to infiltrate a suspected American Football owners run gambling ring that's financing terrorism.
Bond has to learn to play football at the professional level. His love interest is a janitor in the stadium by day and a stripper/whore to the owners by night. Played by Rumer Willis.

There are multiple bombs hidden in footballs during the film. In the end Bond fails to discover solid evidence and returns to England. 3.5 hours.

There could be a scene where Tom Brady has a skype meeting with Al Qaeda

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
james bond participates in a winner take all high stakes game of rock paper scissors.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
James Bond goes undercover at the Nathan's Hot Dog contest and must defuse a bomb after eating 52 hot dogs in 10 minutes.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
james bond competes in a drag show

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

James Bond tasked with directing community summer theater.
It's a Tennessee Williams bit.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Bond is dispatched to North West England to infiltrate a copper wire fencing ring.

Q issues him a Vauxhall with a few bottle rockets taped to it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Yep

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Doobie is James Bond.

HalPhilipWalker
Feb 14, 2008
Does Christmas smell like oranges to you?
Bond gets assigned by M to set up a forums account and investigate why this thread went to poo poo over the last 20 posts.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

HalPhilipWalker posted:

Bond gets assigned by M to set up a forums account and investigate why this thread went to poo poo over the last 20 posts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYRkBqYSiJg

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

the more i think about it the more living daylights owns... necros was probably one of the coolest henchmen even if he didn't really have a gimmick besides being mysterious and having a walkman that he sometimes strangles people with. he like singlehandedly hosed up mi-6s day with that walkman and some special milk bottles

Necros also gets the best final battle of any bond villain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17SP5sAM5do

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

The Living Daylights is ok.

License to Kill is flat out terrible and worse than any Roger Moore film.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
also fyi james bond literally helps the taliban in the living daylights lmao

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Irradiation posted:

The Living Daylights is ok.

License to Kill is flat out terrible and worse than any Roger Moore film.

its not worse than view to a kill

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

ilikedirt posted:

its not worse than view to a kill

Ok I'll admit that.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
View to a Kill is a pretty lovely Bond movie but the credit sequence is awesome.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

People think The Spy Who Loved Me is goofy or something but it clearly has the best narrative of any of the films, and not to mention Stanley loving Kubrick. I think a lot of people only remember the penis jokes and dismissed the whole film.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
imo octopussy or diamonds are forever is the worst bond but i dont blame if u disagree

Jose Oquendo posted:

View to a Kill is a pretty lovely Bond movie but the credit sequence is awesome.

tru that

i would watch a feature length movie of bond intro type stuff tbh

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
http://youtu.be/Ju_by-sC79c

my fav intro song imho
man with the golden gun second fav

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
My fave Bond song is Living Daylights.

aahhhhhh ahhhh ah ahhhh the living daylights

no joke when a new Bond comes out I marathon them all in the month leading up to the new movie's release.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

The World is Not Enough theme is better than it should be.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Jose Oquendo posted:

My fave Bond song is Living Daylights.

aahhhhhh ahhhh ah ahhhh the living daylights

no joke when a new Bond comes out I marathon them all in the month leading up to the new movie's release.

i got this on amazon for a p good deal if u dont have it already puick it up.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

BigBoss posted:

Roger Moore is the best bond because he doesn't do any of that fag poo poo like feel sad or whatever. He just fucks mad bitches and drives around like he's boss of the world. No one wants to be like Daniel Craig, a bitch rear end moody baby. They want to be like Roger Moore, getting drunk and nailing the Beatles' wives and Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman in a fancy hotel with pretty much 0 consequences.

if you could cuck a beatle which beatle would you cuck

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
hey what's going on? sorry to bother you... I'm Klaus Hergesheimer, G-Section. just checking radiation shields

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Rand alPaul posted:

Goldeneye was the best Bond movie, deal with it.

it was a fluke though because averaged out against the rest of the brosnan movies he still deserves to be taken out back and shot

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Brosnan did fine. You can't really blame him for the poo poo tier writing.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
all the brosnan movies sucked bad and not even in an entertaining way like view to a kill. die another day is hands down the worst bond

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Goldeneye wasn't great either, we all just have rose tinted memories because we are old nerds who played the n64 game

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Irradiation posted:

Brosnan did fine. You can't really blame him for the poo poo tier writing.
He's the most Bond-looking Bond to me but they gave him such awful scripts. He was probably better in Remington Steele

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I thought Christmas only came once a year

"dad stop nudging me in the ribs i get it. Also I'm like 10"

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
blue drawers reboot

feller
Jul 5, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

I thought Christmas only came once a year

"dad stop nudging me in the ribs i get it. Also I'm like 10"

oh shi

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Tomorrow Never Dies is pretty good, especially for having Jonathan Pryce playing Rupert Murdoch and a bit part for Vincent Schiavelli as a hitman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Al Cowens posted:

He's the most Bond-looking Bond to me but they gave him such awful scripts. He was probably better in Remington Steele

I hope the November Man doesn't suck

• Locked thread