Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
HardOCP back when modding cases and bragging about finding deals on memory sticks or casefans was a thing, and people would physically haul their huge PCs and 19" CRT monitors to LAN parties for a weekend of non-stop gaming.

HEL Guild forum - would beat them up in Battlezone then our clan would carry on trashtalking them on their own forum. Fun times. And it looks like their website hasn't been updated since 1998.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

If anyone remembers Adorable Bunnies, and also remembers the phpBB exploit years ago that was so disgustingly insecure you just needed an actual script, like a perl script or javascript or something insane, and you could get access to any account in the database? I was a dumb idiot kid and I hacked that forum and pretended to be the admin and did insane things mostly because the admin was absentee. When he got back and restored control he was apparently more amused than angry and we became friends for a short time afterwards.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

FreeRepublic.com

It's a long story. :negative:

Other than that, SuperCheats/Gaming Update/PSXGamer, under the UGO/Video Gamer Network banner. And I somehow wound up being a moderator at JapanToday.com :iiam:

JazzFlight posted:

Gamingforce Forums

Mainly known for being a repository for game soundtracks on a lot of its members' FTPs, but it was kind of a pseudo-SA with about 5% of the member base that this place has. Posting rate was kinda slow, as you'd imagine. I was even on the moderation team. Eventually petered out in the mid/late-2000s as people moved on to other forums.

I remember that one. It was like SA, but it was more of an autistic 13-year-old's idea of SA.

90s Solo Cup fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Aug 8, 2014

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
halo planet or planet halo i dont remember

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Justin Godscock posted:

GameFAQs is pretty much a cesspool and it's creepy to think the regulars you knew from 2002 are still there, still posting and maintaining appearances knowing they have to be in their late 30s by now socializing with adolescents.

Zork 2 board represent.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Justin Godscock posted:

GameFAQs is pretty much a cesspool and it's creepy to think the regulars you knew from 2002 are still there, still posting and maintaining appearances knowing they have to be in their late 30s by now socializing with adolescents.

that is creep as gently caress to think about. Just get's worse and worse.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

SNiPER_Magnum posted:

I think everyone was a moderator on the Counter-Strike forums.

texas rules

arent you the guy who cliffe modded who turned out to be like 12yo

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

THS posted:

anyone else from heavengames. i got a paycheck from them once when i was 13

yep, aok heaven. didn't you have a nutty rear end uncle that posted on there for a while?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Justin Godscock posted:

board 8 had that with SHINE GET 64

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I started on onepiecehq a site for one piece, then that went down for a year so some people moved to a new site called mangaground. I knew the owner of the refugee site and it was actually a lot of fun even if I was a bell end back then. So much nostalgia.

I also posted on finalfantasyforums up until a year or so ago, but that was because I met some pretty cool people there. Most I still talk to.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Everyday Lurker posted:

FreeRepublic.com

It's a long story. :negative:

I'd like to hear it - Freepers fascinate me.

Are you still a Dittohead?

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost

Necros posted:

arent you the guy who cliffe modded who turned out to be like 12yo

I don't think so. Maybe that was ed? I remember him being really young. I was a mod when I was in high school.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

launch Everyday Lurker into the sun for being a freeper

Disco_Bandit
Sep 8, 2006
planet command and conquer

it was an old gamespy site, we had the biggest thread of boobs i've ever seen and was surprisingly active, we kept going around to dying boards and "invading them" which was actually just taking the few members that still posted and getting them to come post on our boards.

It Was Swell

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I was on I-Mockery's boards forever

the night dad
Oct 23, 2006

by XyloJW

nigga crab pollock posted:

dont forget the gold members forum that initially seems like a p chill byob knockoff except instead its actually fyad and if u try to post you get your poo poo relentlessly mocked by people who probably have never seen a titty irl

I never bought gold (forum monthly subscription lmao) but i posted in the lovely FYAD rip off called OIFY before getting permabanned by being a teenager.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

b@x

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
The ol' 3D Realms forums, the various Gamespy planet forums, and some Aliens vs. Predator forum that I can't remember (but I'm sure xenomrph does). All of which were fairly chill, if chock full of really inane discussion topics such as an argument over whether-or-not xenomorphs communicate telepathically that went on for hundreds of pages.

Oh, and Gaia Online. My greatest shame. I can only hope the site itself has long since been put to death for its crimes against humanity.

SD87
Jun 7, 2011

HD DAD posted:

I was a mod in general discussion on planet namek, circa 2001.

Planet namek had a pretty large crossover audience with SA, if I remember right.

Remember that Dingbat chick?

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
mplayer

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
I posted on the Adult Swim forum back in the mid 2000s. I eventually learned how terrible it was and trolled it relentlessly. Once people started ignoring me I stopped posting and spread a rumor through some friends who also posted there that I had killed myself.

This was the greatest troll/accomplishment of my life.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Portal of Evil was cool because it wound up having the same "stop saying friend of the family and tranny" vs. "lol i troll u" rift as SA did only instead of working to fix it Chet went "gently caress this. I wrote Portal, I don't need to deal with this poo poo" and sold it to somebody who shut it down within months after driving off almost all of the userbase.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I used to post on the Penny-Arcade forums. It basically turned into a transsexual support group, so I left.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Inept posted:

yep, aok heaven. didn't you have a nutty rear end uncle that posted on there for a while?

lol i forgot about that

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
tribesaa.com

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Katamari Democracy posted:

Posted a lot in Acmlm-type boards and left when all the bronies and furries were a part of the norm and E/N topics came up everywhere. Those guys are worse than reddit.

i remember when it was a romhacking board for like a year

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Germstore posted:

I used to post on the Penny-Arcade forums. It basically turned into a transsexual support group, so I left.

God yeah that really helped ruin se++. Especially that one really weird one who posted pics of her pissing on walls w/her dick

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
i want to go back in time and teenage post on all these cool weird and wonderful forums like you guys

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum
Besides Neopets, my first forum was the overclocking forum MadOnion later renamed FutureMark.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

HJB posted:

i want to go back in time and teenage post on all these cool weird and wonderful forums like you guys

it was a simpler time, a less ironic time

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
slackercentral

yeah no one else remembers it either

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I used to be an admin on a Diablo 2 forum. Probably still am, but I haven't been there in years.

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling

Fandyien posted:

God yeah that really helped ruin se++.

M2 and Echobase was better, se++ was always bad.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Bigfootforums.com

I spent a lot of time arguing with people about how unlikely the existence of bigfoot is.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Sixfools posted:

M2 and Echobase was better, se++ was always bad.

i don't remember those, i just remember being able to call people names and swear and make threads before the dark times

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Bigfootforums.com

I spent a lot of time arguing with people about how unlikely the existence of bigfoot is.

A few years ago I found some online forum about aliens and bigfoot and conspiracy poo poo and went around trolling people.

There was one guy there who 'was kind of a big deal' because he truly believed that dragons were real and influencing the world around him. He was honestly not trolling and he had a fairly large group of defenders or people who were like "Hmm could be!", but something about him rang a bell so I did some searching around.

He was a featured poster in a Weekend Web thing right here on SA, same user name, different forum, same dragon poo poo. I copied the link over to his thread and got banned for 'causing trouble'.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Used to post on Newgrounds when i was younger, also Gamespot. Mostly the Monster Hunter forum. You know you play to much monster hunter when...

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Wormbaby, aka the GIR Boards.
A bunch of kids and I had goofy-rear end RP fun until the ultra dark kids flooded in and decided they were too good for jokes. :(

Also Gaia, on which I am now evidently a trillionaire. S'like South Africa in that thing.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Das Boo posted:

Wormbaby, aka the GIR Boards.
A bunch of kids and I had goofy-rear end RP fun until the ultra dark kids flooded in and decided they were too good for jokes. :(

Also Gaia, on which I am now evidently a trillionaire. S'like South Africa in that thing.

You should try and sell your gaia account. Have a friend who made like 500 bucks selling some limited edition angel wings item or some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling

Fandyien posted:

i don't remember those, i just remember being able to call people names and swear and make threads before the dark times

M2 was the iteration before se++. Gabe killed the forums because we wouldn't stop calling his wife fat and had no intention of bringing them back. A bunch of people setup an off site ezboard when this became apparent. Months later they brought back the forums and it was kinda lame after that. I remember people being mad about there being no more post counts.

• Locked thread