Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

lol

lol

lol

lol

:yayclod:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:stare:

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
how the gently caress do you forget native e-mail or a calendar?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wasnt it meant to be a serious business machine? called a playbook? alicia keys didnt she make a song with a pinao. didnt it have to be tied to a blackberry to work? what are phyisics

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

ground floor motherfuckas

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

if history repeats itself the surface is fukked

pram
Jun 10, 2001
only late 00's kids will understand

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
No, OP.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
yeah

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i have one, op. i got it when rim was so desperate for apps that they were giving them away free if you wrote an app for their store. i ported over a dumb flash demo that i made for a class and submitted it and got the thing.

to its credit the interface was nice and snappy and the hardware was really solid, both ipad level not android level. the sdk was garbage and didn't expose things like the gps or camera even after the drat thing was released. it had no calendar or email unless you paired it with a blackberry phone.

id be using mine asa music player or carputer or something now, except i sat on it and broke the digitizer glass and because the os is so weakly supported i don't consider it worth the 60 dollars to fix. sad. it would actually be improved with andoird but rim is all "lol security!!!" so the boootloader is encrypted so nope to that also.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

amateur hour is over. this is what they made in that time

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Breakfast All Day posted:

amateur hour is over. this is what they made in that time

pram
Jun 10, 2001

echinopsis posted:

wasnt it meant to be a serious business machine? called a playbook? alicia keys didnt she make a song with a pinao. didnt it have to be tied to a blackberry to work? what are phyisics

yes

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

my z10 has a significantly worse battery than my 5c even though i use it for reading a few emails a day. you also need to wait about 15 minutes while it sits on the charger when it's dead for it to even power on.

i am usually not really a fan of byod but i would gladly do so if i could jettison this thing into the sun.

edit: i don't care if this thread is about the playbook i need to vent about bb in every appropriate thread because i have to use one in tyool 2014

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
world's first dual core tablet*

* after the iPad 2

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i was trying to find the word cloud thing that was on RIM's playbook site that had quotes from reviewers and poo poo

it said poo poo like "This is a tablet. -Engadget"

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

this is what happens when your brand is so irrelevant that even the verge doesn't give a gently caress if they keep getting free review samples

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

pram
Jun 10, 2001

loving lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Playbook-7-Inch-Tablet-16GB/dp/B004UL34EY

lol

PandaCookies
Mar 19, 2009

Delicious endangered confection!
Oh RIM. You are the living end!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Yeah. You should of waited.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7jUhGxAwMA

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

if a playbook was 20 dollars would you buy it?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

so I can computer janitor it and have it take up drawer space? no I wouldn't take it for free

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
"this sure is a tablet!!"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

mods namechange to Dual-Core Baby

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Change my name to This is definiately a poster.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

loving lol

this is definitely a tablet

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
rule number 1 for naming
your product

make sure it doesn't rhyme with "gay"

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
im play

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

amazon review posted:

playbook 5 stars, July 28, 2014

By 

jenny - See all my reviews

This review is from: Blackberry Playbook 7-Inch Tablet (64GB) (Personal Computers)

I'm very happy with this PlayBook.. didn't think it would be as great as I wanted it to be.. love the size and the color is great.. it need more apps but that's fine for now.. great stuff

Someone purchased a playbook and liked it within the last week smdh also "for now" they in for a surprise

veilo
Jul 17, 2010

Never posts
I am in this thread like the blackberry playbook: late to the party.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i didnt even scroll down on that amazon page

quote:

CHOKING HAZARD -- Children under 8 yrs. can choke or suffocate on uninflated or broken balloons. Adult supervision required. Keep uninflated balloons from children. Discard broken balloons at once.
CHOKING HAZARD -- Toy contains a small ball. Not for children under 3 yrs.

the world's first professional grade tablet

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

quote:

1.0 out of 5 stars warning!!! dont buy this poo poo, July 2, 2014
By unique - See all my reviews
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Blackberry Playbook 7-Inch Tablet (16GB) (Personal Computers)
This is tablet is crap,spend all day yesterday watching videos on how to download android app, like why would someone make a tablet like this??...... gonna call Amazon right now and ask for a refund of my money!

lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

i didnt even scroll down on that amazon page

the world's first professional grade tablet

Misread as "CUCKING HAZARD"

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Citizen Tayne posted: