Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bike without wheels
Jan 2, 2005

this post
but would Miley ever even make it if she was named like sun penis or something?? Maybe giving your kid a stupid name is a way to ensure that your celebrity dies with u. Like ending a curse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hannah Montana and Sun Penis Cyrus in Concert Together For The First Time!

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bike without wheels posted:

but would Miley ever even make it if she was named like sun penis or something?? Maybe giving your kid a stupid name is a way to ensure that your celebrity dies with u. Like ending a curse

See, now Sun Penis is a respectable name. Far better than Moon Unit.

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
Get over it OP... the kid is legally old enough to change his/her name by now

Bike without wheels
Jan 2, 2005

this post

Nameless_Steve posted:

Get over it OP... the kid is legally old enough to change his/her name by now

gently caress u

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
but Frank Zappa owns and he can do whatever the gently caress he wants as far as I'm concerned

well, except beat prostate cancer

father vivian
May 5, 2008

WE'VE OBTAINED ENERGY RECOVERY PILLS
she was in curb your're enthusiasm once so i guess thats cool

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."

I can't believe we landed a unit on the moon in the first place

Bike without wheels
Jan 2, 2005

this post

Nameless_Steve posted:

I can't believe we landed a unit on the moon in the first place

you can see my unit from the moon. owned

NObodiesGeek
Jun 14, 2003
I'm not shy, I just hate you.
How different would her life have been if he named her Poon unit instead?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
If only you'd thought of this while he was still alive. You could have saved her.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

NObodiesGeek posted:

How different would her life have been if he named her Poon unit instead?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

not sure about his music but I dig his comedic style...i bet he constantly smelled horrendous though

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is why France is the greatest nation on Earth. You cannot name your child a stupid name. :france:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Sheen Sheen posted:

but Frank Zappa owns and he can do whatever the gently caress he wants as far as I'm concerned
if only he wanted to not be dead anymore

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He named his other kid Dweezil

quote:

When Dweezil was born, Gail decided to have 'natural childbirth.' At that time, the only hospital in Los Angeles that would allow this process to occur with a Dad in the delivery room was Hollywood
Presbyterian Hospital.

When it was time for the Big Delivery, we experienced a slight delay -- we had to fill out a mass of papers before they'd let us in, riddled with irrelevant questions like: "What religion are you?"

Gail looked at me and said, "What do we put?" I said, "Musician."

That was the first thing that upset the admitting nurse. The second thing to spoil her afternoon was when she asked: "What are you going to name the child?" Gail said, "Dweezil."

Gail's got a funny-looking little toe which had been the source of family amusement so often that it had acquired a 'technical name': it wasn't really a toe -- it was a "Dweezil." I thought then, and continue to think today, that Dweezil is a nice name. gently caress the nurse if she didn't like it.

The nurse pleaded and pleaded with us not to name the child Dweezil. Labor pains and all, she was going to make Gail stand there unless we gave her another name to put on the form. I couldn't see letting Gail suffer just to argue the point, so I rattled off an assortment of first names of guys we knew: IAN (Underwood) DONALD (Van Vliet) CALVIN (Schenkel) EUCLID (James "Motorhead" Sherwood). As a result, Dweezil's original birth certificate name was Ian Donald Calvin Euclid Zappa. The nurse thought that was okay.

In spite of this harrowing experience, we always called him Dweezil. He was five years old when he discovered the real names on his birth certificate.

(I was in my mid-twenties when I found out! Up until the time I had to get a passport for the first European tour, I thought my name was Francis -- a name I had always hated. In order to get the passport, I had to present my birth certificate -- a mysterious document I had never seen before. My mother mailed it to me from California, and on it, much to my delight, was a name OTHER THAN FRANCIS -- well, it wasn't that good -- "Frank" isn't much of a bargain -- but I had thought for years, even printing it on album covers, that I was Francis Vincent Zappa Junior. How could I be such a fool?)

Dweezil was very upset, and demanded that steps be taken to rectify this tragedy. We hired an attorney and had his name legally changed to Dweezil.

Actually he had 4 kids

the worst thing is fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 3, 2014

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I can, actually, believe that a person such as Frank Zappa would give their child a name like "Moon Unit," OP.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
OP wishes Miley Cyrus had a dick. human being.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is moon unit better or worse than moxie crimefighter?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
I'm pretty sure Moon Unit legally changed her name to just Moon.

My favorite Zappa album is apostrophe.

wikipedia Moon Zappa says: Zappa was born in New York City, the eldest child of Gail Zappa and musician Frank Zappa.[1] She has three younger siblings, Dweezil, Ahmet, and Diva Muffin.

No mention of name changing.

dee eight fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Aug 3, 2014

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
marc maron dated her lmao

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
frank zappa owned gently caress you op

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
and he talked about her like she was his soul mate and they broke up after like 2 months bc there undoiubtedly both horrible ppl

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

frank zappa owned gently caress you op

jazz fart jazz fart everybodys listenin to the jazz fart

https://m.soundcloud.com/good_jon/jazz-fart-the-best-show-on-wfmu

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

dee eight posted:

I'm pretty sure Moon Unit legally changed her name to just Moon.

wikipedia Moon Zappa says: Zappa was born in New York City, the eldest child of Gail Zappa and musician Frank Zappa.[1] She has three younger siblings, Dweezil, Ahmet, and Diva Muffin.

No mention of name changing.

I'm more annoyed that the other 3 aren't named Sun Unit, Star Unit, and Comet Unit so they all have an astronomy theme

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
naming my child Diarrhea Comet

catpowerd
Jan 9, 2008

swinging your guitar around
Cause they wanted to hear that meow

ilikedirt posted:

marc maron dated her lmao

Hopefully Frank Zappa died before he had to see his daughter sink to such depths.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Waltzing Along posted:

OP wishes Miley Cyrus had a dick. human being.

you don't?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

wish billy ray didn't

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Dweezil, Moon Unit, Ahmet, Diva

Terrible names for terrible children. His wife is pretty insufferable too.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

dee eight posted:

a man after my own heart

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
the crux of the biscuit

lol he talking about clits

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Over-Nite Sensation rules.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Back when my sister and I were kids, I mentioned Moon Unit Zappa to her, and she thought it was funny.

In Super Mario World, there was a glitch where when you stomped enough caterpillars, you would start getting gigantic amounts of points and lives, and the score would show weird graphics. My sister started calling these, and then all of the glitchy graphics of a video game, "Moon Units", which I think is a pretty good term.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
I am pretty serious about naming my first kid "Hurricane"

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Huge Lady Pleaser posted:

I am pretty serious about naming my first kid "Hurricane"
What's you're last name? Is it Jones?

If it's Jones I'll sue.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Reminder: Frank Zappa is the original straight edge pussy

he's like that guy that does goofy poo poo and pretends to be high even though he's deathly afraid of drugs because he's bitch mode

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

ilikedirt posted:

and he talked about her like she was his soul mate and they broke up after like 2 months bc there undoiubtedly both horrible ppl

I was running out of podcasts to listen to and I tried Maron for awhile and this poo poo clued me in on what an incredible pussy he is. Now I listen to him all the time since we have so much in common

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i listened to him talk to the amazing johnathan and the amazing johnathan was just like im dying im killing myself and marc marons like hosed up if true well youre cool bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Frank Zappa sucks and his music sucks and his kids suck and everything to do with the Zappa brand sucks.

• Locked thread