Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
That scene with Artemiy walking up to the bull on the mound is great. The imagery is primeval and the whole situation is pregnant with feelings of dread and destiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
Thanks for doing this, it was really interesting. Any way you could show what happens if you accept Klara's help and do the final test instead of killing the elder?

As for the ending I felt like... if you try to make fiction or entertainment with some sort of connection to real human feelings, real-world significance, it gets frustrating, because the closer you get to achieving that the more you realize you never can quite get there. The fiction remains this hermetically sealed bubble world where you, the author, are the ultimate arbiter of everything, and it's all just you talking to yourself.

I think the game takes this out on the player in kind of an unhelpful way with the meta stuff. But it redeems itself right at the end, by letting the player decide the ultimate meaning of the story. I strongly disagree that the choices themselves don't matter, only the act of making the choice. Is the story about the impossibility of utopia, or the necessity of it? Are you going to submit to the Earth, or try to transcend it? Are you finally motivated by doing what's best for the people you like, or by what's best for the world (and what's that? and why?) All the answers you can choose are imperfect and all of them are equally valid. It works really well I think.

• Locked thread