Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
Thanks for retranslating and doing this LP !

I read the Bachelor and only partly got it, as there were no pictures. I also read the LP of Klara the Impostriss, and was completely different in many ways, just as this, too, is different. The themes the protagonists explore, their relation (or lack thereof) to the Steppes, their approach to what is causing the plague and how to cure it. The ending seems to also change if you only keep your own adherents alive, and not everyone's?

From the other LPs, seemed like the two children were struggling with the death of a beloved uncle or grandfather, and this was their way of working it out. Aglaya has a much smaller presence, and perhaps it was the translation, perhaps a difference of story, but the doll connection wasn't explicit? (Not counting that every regular townsperson looks like a doll, which is admittedly important; rather that the main characters don't make such an explicit connection to being dolls?)

I'm not sure the Town needed the Polyhedron; that seemed to be something where Simon attempted to become more than human, and upset the balance of the town, with the Polyhedron being his vehicle. I'd always thought the Polyhedron looked like a wasp and wasp's nest, with it being a sort of parasite on the bull; only once the final picture showed the fetus did I see the uterus shape. (Parasite still being a valid assessment, in that either the Town or the Polyhedron has to die.)

I'd love to see the Bachelor run, with a translation and images, but that's asking for a lot of work.

Thanks very much for everything, HellishWhiskers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread