Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Juanito posted:

gently caress all the haters.

I'll have a italian herbs and cheese foot long, spicy italian with pepper jack, toasted. lettuce, tomato, black olives, more black olives, banana peppers, oil and vinegar.

Mmm mmm mmm, delicious.

How can you eat a footlong in one meal is the part that confuses me. 1000 calories in one meal? Thats fine I guess as long as you keep track of what your eating, but you could go to anywhere else and get something way tastier for that caloric content. Or is it just about the massive amount of anything you can shove in your gullet?

You can't finish the rest later either. The second half gets slimey as poo poo in the fridge thanks to the vinegar. Lettuce turns into a see through greenish goo. *vomit*

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Aug 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Wendigee posted:

How can you eat a footlong in one meal is the part that confuses me. 1000 calories in one meal? Thats fine I guess as long as you keep track of what your eating, but you could go to anywhere else and get something way tastier for that caloric content. Or is it just about the massive amount of anything yo can shove in your gullet?

You can't finish the rest later either. The second half gets slimey as poo poo in the fridge thanks to the vinegar. Lettuce turns into a see through greenish goo. *vomit*
I stretch my stomach by practice eating with a large quantity of bread and water the night before.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Juanito posted:

I stretch my stomach by practice eating with a large quantity of bread and water the night before.

makes sense.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Also the second half isn't bad a few hours later.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Wendigee posted:

How can you eat a footlong in one meal is the part that confuses me. 1000 calories in one meal? Thats fine I guess as long as you keep track of what your eating, but you could go to anywhere else and get something way tastier for that caloric content. Or is it just about the massive amount of anything you can shove in your gullet?

A foot long is like standard sandwich size you human being.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Most popular foodstuff are pretty loving gross: mcdonald's, wonderbread, coke... there's always better out there but people like to shovel familiar poo poo into their mouth and those companies will keep giving them poo poo to shovel

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

redshirt posted:

i'm becoming more partial to the smaller sandwich and a bag of chips or a cookie or something

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW

Wendigee posted:

another goon crying about how he cant do something and expecting to be admired for it

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

redshirt posted:

most of their footlongs are 500 calories and 1000-2000mg sodium for the bread alone

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

redshirt posted:

OR, or, get a six-inch and double the meat instead of paying for lovely bread.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

tbh i really wish that there was a good falafel place by my work. maybe i should move to palestine

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnyVE1go2vs

warderenator
Nov 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Business Gorillas posted:

i'm becoming more partial to the smaller sandwich and a bag of chips or a cookie or something

this has less protein and is bad for your gains

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Excelzior posted:

OR, or, get a six-inch and double the meat instead of paying for lovely bread.

Or eat only free range squid and other cetaceans.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

tbh i really wish that there was a good falafel place by my work. maybe i should move to palestine

great idea Business Gorillas.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Or dollar menu at McDonald's

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
mediocrity in general is popular.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i was in a subway yesterday to use their bathroom

i clogged their toilet

E: also they do so well because their franchise costs are laughably low & you can hire retards for minimum wage to work there. like, doobie could have opened like a half dozen of them w his kick starter money

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

canada has mr.sub and its far loving worse.

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

Yomofo posted:

I remember back in the day, in Coupons and Deals, someone made fake coupons for "by one get 1 footlong free." My brother and I ate Subway for like a month and a half straight because it was like $3 per footlong sandwich. Then one day we showed up and our fake coupons were posted in the window with a sign saying they were fake and no longer accepting them.

Got my :10bux: worth for sure

My cousin's football team sold cards that had this deal on it. This was back when they were doing the "Any $5 footlong" deal. My roommates and I would pass it around since it didn't have a name on it. It got abused so much by the community that they eventually changed the deal to just a free drink with a footlong.

Also Firehouse Subs is the best chain sub place. Penn Station is pretty good, too. I'm convinced that anybody whose favorite sub is Subway has never gotten a sub anywhere besides Subway before.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fetus Tree posted:

i was in a subway yesterday to use their bathroom

i clogged their toilet

E: also they do so well because their franchise costs are laughably low & you can hire retards for minimum wage to work there. like, doobie could have opened like a half dozen of them w his kick starter money
definitely. for frame of reference, franchise fee is $7,500 (if you already own one) or $15,000 if you don't. probably some other equip costs here and there but theres' a reason why there'll be like 5 within a 3 block radius (and there's like 20 within a ~7 block radius in downtown SF) all run by pakistani guys

I prefer Togo's for cheap sandwiches, their daily specials own with a $4.25 6" sandwich that is pretty well loaded and tastes much fresher.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Juanito posted:

gently caress all the haters.

I'll have a italian herbs and cheese foot long, spicy italian with pepper jack, toasted. lettuce, tomato, black olives, more black olives, banana peppers, oil and vinegar.

Mmm mmm mmm, delicious.
I'll have a italian herbs and cheese foot long, chicken teriyaki with pepper jack, toasted. lettuce, tomato, black olives, onion, banana peppers, and salt and pepper.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Get the oven roasted chicken breast on flatbread. Peper jack cheese. Toastd duh. All vegitablea. All. Olive oil and vinager. Eat with a cup of water.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

i clogged their toilet

mlyp

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Subway doesn't even taste like food, it's like eating salted Styrofoam. Like how do you gently caress up sandwiches?

I mean there isn't really anything to dislike about it the food has no taste.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Three Olives posted:

Subway doesn't even taste like food,

Three Olives posted:

there isn't really anything to dislike about it

yeah people that expect a product to taste like food from a place that sells food are idiots

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax
yeah my ~=*local sandwich bistro*=~ definitely does not have just as bland food as subway at a 300% markup

get rekt sandwich plebs

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW

Three Olives posted:

Subway doesn't even taste like food, it's like eating salted Styrofoam. Like how do you gently caress up sandwiches?

I mean there isn't really anything to dislike about it the food has no taste.

wow man you must be really cool

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

how i make sandwich

mom?!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

gagelion posted:

wow man you must be really cool

he owns a keurig, so no

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

gggiiimmmppp posted:

how i make sandwich

mom?!

Sandwich Keurig.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
I end up eating Subway most times that I drive all day, because I forget or don't have time to pack actual sandwiches. When your easiest options are truck-stop McDonalds and truck-stop Subway, you take what you can get. I end up getting a small, uninteresting sandwich that sits well on my stomach. v:geno:v It serves a purpose in that setting, at least.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The sandwiches they make at the Safeway deli are way better

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
i love there delicious grey tuna thats been sittin g out all day its deloicious on a toasted bun with a bhunch of wet rear end shredded lettuce that makes up 90% of tge sandwich mass and make the bread wet af by the tim u get it home

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

you were warned posted:

I end up eating Subway most times that I drive all day, because I forget or don't have time to pack actual sandwiches. When your easiest options are truck-stop McDonalds and truck-stop Subway, you take what you can get. I end up getting a small, uninteresting sandwich that sits well on my stomach. v:geno:v It serves a purpose in that setting, at least.

This is what I'm talking about and is why Subway is the best choice on the highways.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Does anyone remember how Subway's gimmick used to be that they baked their own bread in the store? I mean that kind of made sense, people like fresh bread even though their bread isn't very good...

So there used to be this low rent sub franchise place across the street from my house and their gimmick is they sliced the meat when you ordered the sandwich, at the very front of the sub line was a meat slicer and they would take the block of meat out a slice the meat right in front of you...

I never understood that does anyone care when the meat was sliced?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

imo subway is pretty good and way better than jimmy johns. jimmy johns has hard bread and subway is softer with superior mouth feel

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

redshirt posted:

Sandwich Keurig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsfccHgWDb0

I'm seriously considering buying one of these it's just so expensive if they start selling these for like $300 I'm buying a bread Keurig.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

redshirt posted:

Sandwich Keurig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

he owns a keurig, so no

True story I had dinner with my family tonight and we had Keurig chat, turns out my brothers and sisters all have Keurigs too so we swapped opinions of K-cups (Hot chocolate is bad, chai tea is good) and convinced my dad to buy one.

• Locked thread