Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

you get cups that aren't green mountain water nonsense or a reusable, hit brew over ice and strong brew to concentrate it even more and then put a cup full of ice underneath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Should be sleeping
Dec 3, 2006
AM I WEARING MY LEATHERS AND A HELMET? NO? I BETTER BE.
TOGO's #9 Pastrami with all the produce is a god among sandwiches. After I ate there I could never eat at Subway ever again.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

tacodaemon posted:

Remember when Subway used to have that weird-rear end way of cutting the bread, where they'd carve a divot out of the top of it and stick your couple slices of meat and vast cloud of moldy lettuce in and then replace the divot

Yeah I remember that. It owned.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

so is a coffee mug and a washable filter

or a french press

I've used the refillable pod thing at my parents' and its inconvenient and messy enough to fill and clean that it nullifies any convenience posed by the keurig. I think they just throw it in there to provide a "well you don't have to be a wasteful, lazy gently caress to make coffee with it!" argument even though wasteful, lazy fucks are the target market and they will never use it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

theflyingexecutive posted:

you get cups that aren't green mountain water nonsense or a reusable, hit brew over ice and strong brew to concentrate it even more and then put a cup full of ice underneath

the real question is, can you make BULLETPROOF COFFEE, a fan favorite of palo-dieters and crossfit with a k-cup? how many sticks of butter do i need to a k-cup? SWIM needs to know

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I like Jimmy Johns a lot. Their bread is hella good and their ingredients taste pretty fresh. Maybe the one I go to is just unusually well run.

Subway is pretty rear end.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gggiiimmmppp posted:

or a french press

I've used the refillable pod thing at my parents' and its inconvenient and messy enough to fill and clean that it nullifies any convenience posed by the keurig. I think they just throw it in there to provide a "well you don't have to be a wasteful, lazy gently caress to make coffee with it!" even though wasteful, lazy fucks are the target market and they will never use it

I'm a wasteful, lazy gently caress and I can confirm this.

It owns, I'm polluting like whoa AND paying way too much for subpar coffee

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
people that drone on about french presses are infinitely more annoying than proponents of something that makes your coffee by hitting one button

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

If any of you are ever here in DC go to Taylor Gourmet and order a Church Street and some fried ravioli

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

We have one of those french press guys at work and he hogs the breakroom sink forever every morning cleaning the goddamned thing

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

how retarded do you have to be to struggle at cleaning a french press

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Fetus Tree posted:

people that drone on about french presses are infinitely more annoying than proponents of something that makes your coffee by hitting one button

it's turkish coffee that's really magical

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

THS posted:

how retarded do you have to be to struggle at cleaning a french press

look no farther than somethingawful dot com.

anyways french presses own cause they're convenient, and easier+faster to setup than drip machines, but honestly i don't notice a big taste difference so it's dumb to be smug about it except if you're a proud lazy coffee drinker like me.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i ate a double stack from wendy's today. wendy's has the best burgers in the low-end fast food tier

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
its successful because its cheap fast food that gives the illusion of being healthy

not sure if anyone else answered this, didn't read the other five pages~

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

once they gave me a meatball sub with like two meatballs in it i ws pretty upset

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Fandyien posted:

i ate a double stack from wendy's today. wendy's has the best burgers in the low-end fast food tier

preach on brother

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

gggiiimmmppp posted:

it's turkish coffee that's really magical

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

all fast food tastes good

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I think it all started with the Jared weight loss campaign ten or so years ago. Those commercials somehow made people think that eating a half pound of ham and pepperoni and an entire loaf of bread was a sensible alternative to McDonalds and Burger King.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

The two guys who invented Subway in the 60s are both on the Forbes list of 400 richest Americans

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

tacodaemon posted:

The two guys who invented Subway in the 60s are both on the Forbes list of 400 richest Americans

would

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Xaris posted:

the real question is, can you make BULLETPROOF COFFEE, a fan favorite of palo-dieters and crossfit with a k-cup? how many sticks of butter do i need to a k-cup? SWIM needs to know

haha this is the most ridiculous thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YjLMdx3YZY

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
i didn't read the thread but 90% of the time i go to subway, its after 1am because for some bizarre reason the one near me is open until 3am and nothing else is

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
jimmy johns is better but they dont use sprouts anymore and i also can't bring myself to support that rear end in a top hat

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
I just remembered that I saw a "seafood" sub on a Subway menu once. Apparently it was temporary in the US, but it's on the New Zealand website:

YEAH BABY I'M CRAVING SEAFOOD BLEND!!! Fuckin' imitation crab stick on a Subway sub. Uggghhhhh.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Sega Saturn posted:

jimmy johns is better but they dont use sprouts anymore and i also can't bring myself to support that rear end in a top hat

jimmy johns is pretty terrible considering its just one of three meats tucked under a bunch of iceberg lettuce and a slice of tomato for like $8

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

you were warned posted:

I just remembered that I saw a "seafood" sub on a Subway menu once. Apparently it was temporary in the US, but it's on the New Zealand website:

YEAH BABY I'M CRAVING SEAFOOD BLEND!!! Fuckin' imitation crab stick on a Subway sub. Uggghhhhh.

wow yeah thats pretty disgusting

i do like their tuna salad tho

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

you were warned posted:

apparently my subway had to choose (it seemed like it came down from corporate our something) between keeping that or keeping the veggie patty. they kept the veggie patty luckily

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

oh yea, it really is. and that was actually a light amount of butter in that video compared to some ive seen. it's really loving disgusting and seems unhealthy to me but then again I don't like butter :shrug:

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Wolfsheim posted:

jimmy johns is pretty terrible considering its just one of three meats tucked under a bunch of iceberg lettuce and a slice of tomato for like $8

yeah that seems true. i always got the veggie club, which had the benefits of LOTS of p good cheese and some ingredients you didn't normally get on sandwiches (sprouts + avocado)

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

this is such an amazing combination of paleo and new age. "biohacker and author executive toxins toxins"

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Price point. Five dollars for the largest sub they have has become a staple of what people expect in a sandwich. I used to work at a Jimmy Johns, and every single day 5 to 10 customers on my shift were pissed off because their sub was only 8 inches long and cost 6 bucks. Doesn't matter that JJs subs are far superior in every way, all that mattered was that the customers felt they were getting less for higher cost. A lot of other quality sandwich places can't offer the volume of food for that price, because their food contains actual edible ingredient.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

THS posted:

this is such an amazing combination of paleo and new age. "biohacker and author executive toxins toxins"

He put all of that in a cup of coffee, then said it's healthy and helps you lose weight

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Remember how Subway somehow spent six years unsuccessfully attempting to register a federal trademark on the word "footlong" in reference to sandwiches

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
just stopping by to say that turkish coffee owns

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

paleo healing crystals
paleo magnetic bracelets

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

THS posted:

paleo healing crystals
paleo magnetic bracelets

west coast is pretty good at poisoning the rest of the country

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

simpsons did a bit in the early nineties about homer putting butter in his coffee and the joke was "haha homer's so gross nobody would actually put butter in their coffee"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Torka posted:

simpsons had a bit in the early nineties about homer putting butter in his coffee and the joke was "haha homer's so gross nobody would actually put butter in their coffee"

i did that once because of that episode

E: it was good

• Locked thread