Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

just stopping by to say that turkish coffee owns

hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
only 90s kids will remember this

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

popeyes is really dank too

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

gggiiimmmppp posted:

He put all of that in a cup of coffee, then said it's healthy and helps you lose weight

Never listen to attractive fit people they are always full of poo poo about anything that involves "lifestyle".

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Ein cooler Typ posted:

only 90s kids will remember this

I read that Subway had to shut down that promotion because for some reason people were going to the trouble of counterfeiting that poo poo. Like, lots of people.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
gonna guess the reason was free//significantly cheaper food

ShaunO
Jan 29, 2006

Cool a subway smack talk thread. I've been working almost next door to the local subway for over 6 years now, longer than it's been open and gently caress me jesus, it is horrible. And not because it's a truly awful place, but only because its subway and that poo poo is hosed. They have some cheap food sometimes with their sub of the day but their slogan "eat fresh" is a load of goddamn piss. Nothing there is fresh. The baked from frozen, sugar-filled sugar-bread: you can fucken just smell the sugar when they're roasting a fresh batch. The meat: horrible processed preserved meat, no fresh meat, ever. The only thing I'd trust at subway is the meatballs because at least all you're expecting is a ball of meat in some sugar sauce and that's what you get. Oh and the toasting machine near me is a piece of poo poo too because it just warms the bread up and doesn't leave it toasted at all, just horrible squishy bread. I've asked what's up with that and they say that's how its meant to be, fuckem.

I really do wish there was a decent deli around work, they'd kill it.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

do they not do the fresh baked bread thing anymore? they were doing it last time I went but I guess that was many years ago

that was like their only selling point why does anyone still go

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Ciu1bTFts

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ShaunO posted:

Cool a subway smack talk thread. I've been working almost next door to the local subway for over 6 years now, longer than it's been open and gently caress me jesus, it is horrible. And not because it's a truly awful place, but only because its subway and that poo poo is hosed. They have some cheap food sometimes with their sub of the day but their slogan "eat fresh" is a load of goddamn piss. Nothing there is fresh. The baked from frozen, sugar-filled sugar-bread: you can fucken just smell the sugar when they're roasting a fresh batch. The meat: horrible processed preserved meat, no fresh meat, ever. The only thing I'd trust at subway is the meatballs because at least all you're expecting is a ball of meat in some sugar sauce and that's what you get. Oh and the toasting machine near me is a piece of poo poo too because it just warms the bread up and doesn't leave it toasted at all, just horrible squishy bread. I've asked what's up with that and they say that's how its meant to be, fuckem.

I really do wish there was a decent deli around work, they'd kill it.

u mad

ShaunO
Jan 29, 2006

Torka posted:

do they not do the fresh baked bread thing anymore? they were doing it last time I went but I guess that was many years ago

that was like their only selling point why does anyone still go

I'm pretty sure it's just delivered pre-prepared as dough rolls and left in the fridge/freezer and then baked when they need some.

OP needs to include a trigger warning

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
Coffee thread

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Torka posted:

simpsons did a bit in the early nineties about homer putting butter in his coffee and the joke was "haha homer's so gross nobody would actually put butter in their coffee"

woah really? that's actually p. loving funny. do you happen to know the name of the episode?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Xaris posted:

woah really? that's actually p. loving funny. do you happen to know the name of the episode?

i think its actually the open to the tomacco episode

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Three Olives posted:

Never listen to attractive fit people they are always full of poo poo about anything that involves "lifestyle".

holy crap 3O came out of hiding

*updates journal*

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Fetus Tree posted:

i think its actually the open to the tomacco episode

nevermind http://criticalmas.com/2014/03/homer-simpson-invented-bulletproof-coffee-1998/

ShaunO
Jan 29, 2006

Ocean Book posted:

Coffee thread

A couple doors down from subway is an decent sized espresso machine shop, usually selling higher end models to workplaces. They also import and roast their own beans, make their own blends etc. Attached to the coffee shop is an espresso bar which is pretty much just a large counter with one of the latest high end coffee machines from the shop. The guy that runs the place could talk to you all day about making the perfect coffee if you let him. But he also makes amazing coffee. Always the latest gear, using the best and freshest beans and is a big coffee nut himself. 5/5

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Affe mk2 posted:

would you call yourself a sandwich enthusiast?

im more of a wrap autist

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

huh not as old as I thought, but yeah that's the scene I meant

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
subway is gross

found myself a great vietnamese sub place and never looked back

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
OH MY GOD SHUT THE gently caress UP ABOUT COFFEE AND MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT. THIS IS ABOUT HOW SUBWAY SUCKS NOT ABOUT COFFEE YOU loving RETARDED PIECES OF poo poo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SlipUp posted:

subway is gross

found myself a great vietnamese sub place and never looked back

Banh Mi ftw...

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

I live around the corner from an amazing Italian Deli and it significantly improves my quality of life. AMA.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Gaunab posted:

OH MY GOD SHUT THE gently caress UP ABOUT COFFEE AND MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT. THIS IS ABOUT HOW SUBWAY SUCKS NOT ABOUT COFFEE YOU loving RETARDED PIECES OF poo poo

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

JonathonSpectre posted:

Hey OP I think it's possible that you are psychically-linked to me because last night when I was eating my delicious $5.99 #10 at Jimmy John's I idly wondered why the gently caress Subway is still in business when it sucks so loving hard compared to Jimmy John's and is at best a buck cheaper.

It's probably because you can jam a loving Subway into any convenience-store-restroom-size place, and because of the real power of lovely fast food, sheer apathy and inertia. I KNOW SUBWAY IT IS COMFORTABLE LIKE OLD LEATHER. IT SMELLS AND TASTES LIKE OLD LEATHER ALSO BUT I WILL AT LEAST NOT BE SURPRISED BY ANY NEW OR NOVEL EXPERIENCE THAT MAY CAUSE ME TO BE JOSTLED FROM MY COMFORT RUT.

I also hate Subway because of this inexplicable phenomenon:

"And just a little lettuce, like half a handful of lettuce, I really just want a little. Not very much at all, honestly."

>Subway employee leans forward and gathers a double armload of lettuce as if picking up a loving pile of towels, a lettuce pile so enormous they must use their whole arms and chest to control it, dumps it on sandwich with grand double arm fling, sandwich is totally obscured by mountainous pile of translucent lettuce shreds to the point the wrapper will not close around it<

"Or all the lettuce you have, that's cool too."

Wow this is me. Whenever I go to subway (and I'm talking about like hundred plus times) I always say "just a little bit of lettuce" and they grab like 2 handfuls and look at me like "gently caress you". One time I asked what to say to the mexican who kept loving up my lettuce and my friend told me to say "puta madre lettuce" and I was like uh ok so I said "puta madre lettuce" and got laughed at and he told me what it means and it was kind of funny but he still gave me too much lettuce. Every time I go it is a fuckikng chore and I've never once got a sandwich nicely made with minimal lettuce.

DIdnt know we had the same problem. The lettuce is also the grosses lettuce but I just want that little loving crunch.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Meowbot posted:

Wow this is me. Whenever I go to subway (and I'm talking about like hundred plus times) I always say "just a little bit of lettuce" and they grab like 2 handfuls and look at me like "gently caress you". One time I asked what to say to the mexican who kept loving up my lettuce and my friend told me to say "puta madre lettuce" and I was like uh ok so I said "puta madre lettuce" and got laughed at and he told me what it means and it was kind of funny but he still gave me too much lettuce. Every time I go it is a fuckikng chore and I've never once got a sandwich nicely made with minimal lettuce.

DIdnt know we had the same problem. The lettuce is also the grosses lettuce but I just want that little loving crunch.

fill the sub up with tty he cheapest ingredient to give the illusion of substance.

Also toasted means making your cold sandwich lukewarm.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
does Subway serve coffee?

9goats dead
Mar 25, 2010

BEAUTIFUL! GORGEOUS! EXCITING!
what kind of scrub willingly eats lettuce. lmao. learn how to sandwich faggo't.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Still better than anything my grandmother has ever made.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
the best part of a good sandwich is the poo poo in it just layer that poo poo up the way you want and put in a pan, then eat it hot. if you can't do that just buy a 1 dollar can of meat and eat it with a plastic fork.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I used to think subway was okay then in 97 I found Quiznos and that was awesome and I was like gently caress subway they use a microwave. Then Quiznos hosed their menu and I stopped going there. I haven't eaten at a subway since like 98-99 so maybe its gotten better, I kinda doubt it. Around 2000 my best friend started working at a sub shop that had sandwiches named after weed and I ate there a bit but that was a long time ago. It was funny when we were 20 but now I wonder what kind of adult opens a weed themed sub shop. (Cheeba hut, Tempe, az if you need to know)

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

ShaunO posted:

The meat: horrible processed preserved meat, no fresh meat, ever.

y'know pretty much all deli meat and by extension all sandwich shop meat is processed crap that comes in blocks

even the fancy poo poo at the grocery store deli counter

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I used to think subway was okay then in 97 I found Quiznos and that was awesome and I was like gently caress subway they use a microwave. Then Quiznos hosed their menu and I stopped going there. I haven't eaten at a subway since like 98-99 so maybe its gotten better, I kinda doubt it. Around 2000 my best friend started working at a sub shop that had sandwiches named after weed and I ate there a bit but that was a long time ago. It was funny when we were 20 but now I wonder what kind of adult opens a weed themed sub shop. (Cheeba hut, Tempe, az if you need to know)

This is some ground breaking poo poo for me, thanks. I'll never look at a sandwich the same again.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
all food is a gift from god so don't be a little poo poo and disrespect it

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

gently caress you, that shouldn't have made me laugh.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Roargasm posted:

every meal at subway has an entire days' worth of sodium in it

same with those jimmy jean frozen breakfasts and the kind of people who eat those probably also eat multiple servings. Also the company's founder died while eating breakfast (probably a jimmy dean breakfast)

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
The best part about subway is how you get to see how disgusting the sub is before yours before you order your sub, and then getting to witness a long list of poor decisions made by the person after you and then drawing faces with your poo in the bathroom stalls

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

what's so wrong about putting some butter in your coffee

butter is just cream + some more time

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

subway is actually p.good, sorry it's not some faggoty sandwich shop which overcharges i guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

it's sad how the subway proponents itt have never made a sandwich or ordered a decent sandwich anywhere and arwe filled with misconceptions about the world

• Locked thread