Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

gggiiimmmppp posted:

it's sad how the subway proponents itt have never made a sandwich or ordered a decent sandwich anywhere and arwe filled with misconceptions about the world

no

this is like buying instant coffee and then bitching about it not being the same as grinding the beans and making nice coffee yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i'm drinking instant coffee right now

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

exquisite tea posted:

what's so wrong about putting some butter in your coffee

butter is just cream + some more time

hemale in pain posted:

no

this is like buying instant coffee and then bitching about it not being the same as grinding the beans and making nice coffee yourself.

you two get the gently caress out of here

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

butter is literally just cream that has been churned a long time lol, even if you put a whole loving tablespoon of it in your coffee this morning, it would still only be 100 calories.

Firetrick
Aug 4, 2006

My local subway does $7 any footlong after 5pm. That's some serious value.

Eat fresh.

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014
It's because people think it's "healthier" than other lovely fast foods. It's a lie ofcourse, but desperate people will believe anything.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Gaunab posted:

you two get the gently caress out of here

i'm just eating butter straight from the pot off my fingers at the moment

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

It costs a lot and probably isn't very good. Double meat is like $20.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
Do people really toast their 'seafood sensation' subway sandwich?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
gently caress you haters.

If I'm in Nowhere Indiana and I have to eat, a toasted large Veggie Delight with a bag of Sun Chips and a Vitamin Water is a great meal for cheap, and I feel great afterwards.

Compared to other fast food options, specifically. gently caress your artisan hipster deli.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
please stop putting slabs of butter in your coffee you loving weirdos

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Andrew Zimmern ate bugs and raw eyeballs and poo poo and one of the few times I saw him gag on television was when he drank coffee with butter in it.

Also Subway is only OK but I've recently found a deli near me that makes huge gently caress off subs with fresh cold cuts for way cheaper than Subway and they don't need every single vegetable to be good. Eat half, save the other half for dinner hell yeah.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Butter is carb free ergo you cannot gain weight eating butter.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

angerbot posted:

that looks good actually, probably because I skipped breakfast

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Juanito posted:

that looks good actually, probably because I skipped breakfast

I've never had a fast food meal more far removed from the photograph than Subway sandwiches. Those things are really sad looking, and there's no way in hell that a lobster sandwich from Subway is in any way good.

gently caress, lobster sandwiches outside of Maine and certain parts of New England are bland and terrible, do you think Subway is going to do it justice?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Still better than anything my grandmother has ever made.

Your grandmother gives fantastic head though

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Verisimilidude posted:

I've never had a fast food meal more far removed from the photograph than Subway sandwiches. Those things are really sad looking, and there's no way in hell that a lobster sandwich from Subway is in any way good.

gently caress, lobster sandwiches outside of Maine and certain parts of New England are bland and terrible, do you think Subway is going to do it justice?
:canada: lobster tho

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Juanito posted:

You poor, poor man.

Speaking of which, I'm due for another road trip up to Maine for some lobster rolls.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

angerbot posted:

That's one of those you can only get in certain areas. gently caress if I wouldn't pay $20 for a good footlong lobster roll though

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.

tacodaemon posted:

I read that Subway had to shut down that promotion because for some reason people were going to the trouble of counterfeiting that poo poo. Like, lots of people.

It was entirely worth it to get through university without paying for food.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Thanks to this thread I want Subway. Good advertising thread, OP

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Speaking of subway, who else is old enough to remember the vastly superior V cut subs

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I threw up day-old salami subway after a drunken binge five years ago.

I'm cured from the curse.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

subway is as good as you make of it. for me, i replace the lettuce with spinach and make it as spicy as i can with jalapenos and my choice of spicy sauce (i recommend Creamy Sriracha). also pepper jack cheese, which seems to be in all the subways i've been to lately

it's a shame that the prices have gone way the hell up in the past couple of years though

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 4, 2014

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

SpazmasterX posted:

Speaking of subway, who else is old enough to remember the vastly superior V cut subs

I remember when they stopped and they put signs up saying they will cut your sub the old way if you request it but it said the new cut was vastly superior and you were an idiot if you asked them to cut it the old way.

I wonder if they will do the V cut if you request it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Dennis Eckersley posted:

Thanks to this thread I want Subway. Good advertising thread, OP

well if i put you in the mood for the most bland sandwich ever then you're welcome

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

two subway stories: everything i go to the one by my house they ask if i want it toasted i say no and then they toast it anyways. i'm walking back home so its gonna taste like poo poo if its toasted

another time i went to the same subway high as gently caress and the dude making my sub winked at me and i'm sure he put on extra meat for me without charge. he either wanted my dick or knew i was high, it was the best sub id ever had but i was high so it most likely sucked

thats my subway stories. please put a donation into my hat.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Juanito posted:

http://www.mcdonalds.ca/ca/en/menu/full_menu/sandwiches/mclobster.html

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

I would really hate to see a McLobster come from my local McDonalds. They can hardly put together a cheeseburger without it overflowing with ketchup.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I bring bread, peanut butter and honey to work and make my own sandwiches, costs like 25 cents a day

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Saalkin posted:

two subway stories: everything i go to the one by my house they ask if i want it toasted i say no and then they toast it anyways. i'm walking back home so its gonna taste like poo poo if its toasted

another time i went to the same subway high as gently caress and the dude making my sub winked at me and i'm sure he put on extra meat for me without charge. he either wanted my dick or knew i was high, it was the best sub id ever had but i was high so it most likely sucked

thats my subway stories. please put a donation into my hat.

I went to Subway super high once and the guy behind the counter totally called me out in front of the people there and it was pretty embarrassing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Crewmine posted:

please stop putting slabs of butter in your coffee you loving weirdos

I never have but now Imma try it.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Three Olives posted:

I remember when they stopped and they put signs up saying they will cut your sub the old way if you request it but it said the new cut was vastly superior and you were an idiot if you asked them to cut it the old way.

I wonder if they will do the V cut if you request it.

The old cut was better because you could load it up and cap it off. Now if you get too many veggies everything just flies out when they fold the halves together. The V cut would probably suck now because the bread is far less dense and sturdy than it used to be.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

SpazmasterX posted:

The old cut was better because you could load it up and cap it off. Now if you get too many veggies everything just flies out when they fold the halves together. The V cut would probably suck now because the bread is far less dense and sturdy than it used to be.

It's because they took the yoga mat ingredients out bring back the plastic bread Subway!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I remember back in the day each subway would have like 4 to 5 people working at any time and you got your sandwiches hella fast

Now it's just one dumpy Indian dude who stares at you the whole time with dead eyes.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
how do you guys feel about Panera Bread as far as national sandwich places go

I've had some decent sandwiches there.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I think it all started with the Jared weight loss campaign ten or so years ago. Those commercials somehow made people think that eating a half pound of ham and pepperoni and an entire loaf of bread was a sensible alternative to McDonalds and Burger King.

I know guys that went to University with Jared. Everyone hated hum because he was a fat, smug, rear end in a top hat. The only reason he ate at Subway was because he lived in the apartment above it ad was too lazy to go anywhere else. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Fogle#mediaviewer/File:Subway_Bloom.JPG

you were warned posted:

I just remembered that I saw a "seafood" sub on a Subway menu once. Apparently it was temporary in the US, but it's on the New Zealand website:

YEAH BABY I'M CRAVING SEAFOOD BLEND!!! Fuckin' imitation crab stick on a Subway sub. Uggghhhhh.

20+ years ago (and maybe they still have it) they had a "seafood and crab" option. I was imitation crab meat and some other kind of "fish" mixed together with mayo.

Edit: Mr Sub still has this :canada:

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Aug 4, 2014

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Stevie Lee posted:

how do you guys feel about Panera Bread as far as national sandwich places go

I've had some decent sandwiches there.

its kind of like 7-11 coffee versus starbucks coffee, you get the same crap but less of it and it costs more because the menu has sophisticated words stolen shamelessly from a romance language

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I used to think subway was okay then in 97 I found Quiznos and that was awesome and I was like gently caress subway they use a microwave. Then Quiznos hosed their menu and I stopped going there. I haven't eaten at a subway since like 98-99 so maybe its gotten better, I kinda doubt it. Around 2000 my best friend started working at a sub shop that had sandwiches named after weed and I ate there a bit but that was a long time ago. It was funny when we were 20 but now I wonder what kind of adult opens a weed themed sub shop. (Cheeba hut, Tempe, az if you need to know)

cheeba hut makes a drat fine sandwich and it is one of the few things I miss since i moved from phoenix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

I remember back in the day each subway would have like 4 to 5 people working at any time and you got your sandwiches hella fast

Now it's just one dumpy Indian dude who stares at you the whole time with dead eyes.

They all get their souls sucked away dealing with 40 people a day yelling at them to "Put some more mother loving meat on that mother fucker!"

• Locked thread