Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

So this LP inspired me to go read Dororo. I'm through the first two volumes, and I'm pretty interested how closely this game will follow the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Crabtree posted:

If you thought manga doctor was heartless for just tossing the kid out after the first set of demons show up, wait till you learn what he actually used to rebuild Hyakkimaru with. It's probably part of the real reason why he abandoned Dororo, MW is less bleak than this what if scenario where Yoshiyuki Tomino dreamed up a Sengoku era Berserk in his Kill em All days.

Hyakkimaru is cursed to have demons and spirits try and kill him for his entire life. Even though the good doctor loved his weird organless slug-baby who grew up into a fine, upstanding cyborg, he had to let him go. This game seems to have cut out Hyakkimaru's flashbacks to his childhood and his first days out on the road, where he meets an extremely inspirational blind monk.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Fiendly posted:

Well, yes and no. This will be relevant in a chapter we'll be seeing soon, so no further discussion of it for now please.

Sure. Didn't mean to approach spoilers.

During the Ogress fight, I kept thinking that you could cut the ropes around the tower. They looked pretty conspicuous to me.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

In the manga, when he regrows parts, it's pretty much all external bits, or whole limbs. The prosthetics just sort of fall off and he buries them where they lie as a kind of memorial.

I'm imagining that all this magic poo poo is just sort of burning out the prosthetics that are inside of him, since he can't very well puke out a kidney.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Oh Tahomaru, your story goes so very differently in the manga. It's kind of sad to see how things are going here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

AnotherGamer posted:

Does the "mind's eye" thing actually do anything or is it just the speed boost that it gives which unlocks that last set of attacks?

Before Hyakki got his actual eyes back, he relied solely on his mind's eye to perceive the world around him. This wasn't a direct replacement for sight. Now he has the whole package.

• Locked thread