Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Because they were demons possessing corpses, like the Deadites of Evil Dead and Army of Darkness, not zombies. :mythology101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
There's some subarctic rocky tundra stuff that can look like what's in-game... In the summer. During a truly horrific drought.
Otherwise, no, there's not really anywhere in Japan like that. :v:

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Nobunaga was a serious iconoclast and Japan would be a pretty drat different place if he'd succeeded in his ambitions.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

NAME REDACTED posted:

I dunno, I'm pretty sure that anyone suffering from leprosy would tell you that having a sense of pain is /really useful/.

Also, speaking of creepy-rear end trees, Junji Ito had one that was quite creepy.

That's actually one of his sillier stories. It helps that the body-horror is pretty cartoonish. It's nowhere near some of his stuff like Hell'o Dollies or Army of One. :gonk:

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Vicissitude should be careful throwing all those stones in his glass house. :colbert:

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Vicissitude posted:

I have no idea what this means, but okay.

That's okay, in retrospect I don't really know either.
Thank you anyway, for being so agreeable. :tipshat:

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Osamu Tezuka was into all sorts of interesting things, tbh.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
They're responding to a link to the Gainer opening, you goof. :v:

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
So you fought a minocrabotaur, I guess.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
It's a really cool and atmospheric Lovecraftian tale told in a weird, fragmented fashion from the perspective of multiple characters. The sequel's good too.

Shame about the game it's attached to, though.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
I kinda liked Blade of the Immortal, until I was about 100+ chapters in and decided I wasn't enjoying reading about an immortal child molester with bone swords for arms mutilating a woman and causing her to miscarry.

Maybe it got less edgy2-Dmaxxx after that, I didn't really pick it back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
I could hook you up with some otome games that disprove your thesis. :razz:

More seriously, that's a sarashi, and it was pretty drat common to wear them under your kimono or other clothes if you were a fightin' type, regardless of gender.

I Killed GBS fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 7, 2014

• Locked thread