Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW
He's owed it since February and I've been telling him I need it back. He keeps telling me he doesn't have it. But he keeps posting poo poo on Facebook that he shouldn't have before he pays me back. Like I dunno, a loving PS4 with 3 games that he didn't have a month ago. Like, am I being a dick about this or should I be steadily getting more agitated with this poo poo? He did this with a Wii U a couple of months back as well. I want to tell him to quit being a gently caress head and give me the money or one of the systems that he's gotten in the past few months that he should have used the money that he spent on them to pay me back, but then I run the risk of not getting my money back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

quote:

I loaned a close friend some money. $400 to be exact.

yeah don't do that. hth

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

youll never see a dime of that $400 op

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
not a close friend sorry

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
make him suck ur dick

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
hey thanks for loaning me $400, i'm posting from my suite in cancun

it owns, thanks bud. gunna stay here

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012
you should probably kill him and steal the consoles

9goats dead
Mar 25, 2010

BEAUTIFUL! GORGEOUS! EXCITING!
suck his dick

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Never loan people money OP, haven't you read Hamlet? They state that this is a bad idea.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
you learned an important lesson OP

That lesson is that there's often no friendship when it comes to money

Never loan money you can't afford to write off as total loss. Better never loan money, period.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

I actually read the entire OP and you're even more boned than I thought lol. He used you for $400 and I now know for a fact he isn't an actual friend dude

since you said its a close friend, I assume you dont have many

you cant buy friends OP

well you can but it costs more than $400 tbh AND you have to be like friend material after the fact to keep it goin

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

1gnoirents posted:

I actually read the entire OP and you're even more boned than I thought lol. He used you for $400 and I now know for a fact he isn't an actual friend dude

you cant buy friends OP

well you can but it costs more than $400 tbh AND you have to be like friend material after the fact to keep it goin

Not true you can buy friends.

Have you not heard of dogs?

Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

cormano sigue siendo mi hermano
Fun Shoe
Take him to small claims court.

Get a process server to show up to his work or a funeral or something too.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

Not true you can buy friends.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

too intimidating to have someone smarter than you in the house

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i have never heard of dogs

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
you should go on judge judy

gagelion
Jun 13, 2013

by XyloJW

1gnoirents posted:

you cant buy friends OP

are you serious!!!! gently caress!

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010
don't loan money unless you're okay with not getting it back

e: although there was this kid in school who would loan <50 and take a decent ti calculator as collateral and he probably came out on top if i think about it

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
thanks for the money chump

*peels out in bugatti veyron*

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

gagelion posted:

are you serious!!!! gently caress!

yes. for example I would like to borrow $1000 from you, my close friend. since htat is moving into sizable amount (of course, this is all relative) thats enough to buy my friendship. however you have to be non lame otherwise ill never be your friend

pm for paypal

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
begin a kickstarter to get your $400 back

backers get to be your friend on facebook

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

gagelion posted:

He's owed it since February and I've been telling him I need it back. He keeps telling me he doesn't have it. But he keeps posting poo poo on Facebook that he shouldn't have before he pays me back. Like I dunno, a loving PS4 with 3 games that he didn't have a month ago. Like, am I being a dick about this or should I be steadily getting more agitated with this poo poo? He did this with a Wii U a couple of months back as well. I want to tell him to quit being a gently caress head and give me the money or one of the systems that he's gotten in the past few months that he should have used the money that he spent on them to pay me back, but then I run the risk of not getting my money back.

This is like the third or fourth thread of yours detailing your terrible life skills & dreary social life & I can't tell if you are just making fun of e/n people or are that bad at life for realsies. Just take him on Judge Judy & get the justice you deserve.

MMOs & Welfare
Jan 24, 2007

by Lowtax
charge it to the game, OP

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

Guancho posted:

make him suck ur dick

best advice youre getting, op

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
$400 is good for at least 8 blowjobs from your friend.

Kritzkrieg Kop
Nov 4, 2009
lmao if you have poor friends that need to borrow a few hundred bucks from someone

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
pop his knee-caps you idiot

god its like you dont know anything

Velvet Elvis
Jul 1, 2007

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IdtmU3fwow8

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

gagelion posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOCvL_yWM7M

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Um you probably should have watched more My Little Pony OP, there's literally never been an episode about Twilight Sparkle loaning money to her friends so that's how you know it's not okay.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Important life advice when you give money to a friend it is always a gift and not a loan, if they pay you back it is just a happy surprise.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Don't lend money to someone unless you somehow otherwise have leverage over that person. I have done something similar recently though, although I expect to get paid back, cause my friend is cool and generally honors his commitments. I've been that rear end in a top hat in the past though

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

this_is_hard posted:

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

i fronted someone $400 in value of items once a long time ago because I worked with him and knew where he lived and he was generally cool. of course, the items were "stolen" and he'd pay me back asap

I just got on his rear end non stop until he did. in the end, they have to know its going to cost them more than the money they failed to pay you. Wow, 4 flat tires and tows in a week? thats some luck

Sagan
Jan 26, 2005

Fun Shoe
You will never get that money back, and the sooner you accept that; the sooner you can move on...

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

1gnoirents posted:

i fronted someone $400 in value of items once a long time ago because I worked with him and knew where he lived and he was generally cool. of course, the items were "stolen" and he'd pay me back asap

I just got on his rear end non stop until he did. in the end, they have to know its going to cost them more than the money they failed to pay you. Wow, 4 flat tires and tows in a week? thats some luck

good adviuce

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
either man up or give up op, you fat pussy

sesame_samuel_
Dec 24, 2012

Pork Pro
dude you missed e/n again, better luck next time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

this_is_hard posted:

Yup.

Consider it a rather cheap* life lesson and move on, with one less friend.

*I've heard much worse stories.

• Locked thread