Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

http://gawker.com/gop-house-report-on-benghazi-concludes-there-is-no-beng-1615741728

quote:

After two years of recriminations and investigations, the Republican-led House intelligence committee is reportedly set to release the results of a Benghazi investigation that found no wrongdoing by the Obama administration in the lead-up and response to the deadly 2012 attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya.

Rep. Mike Thompson, a California Democrat who sits on the panel, told the San Francisco Chronicle late Friday that conservatives' big Benghazi witch-hunt was a nothingburger, and we'd all be reading more about it soon:

The panel voted Thursday to declassify the report, the result of two years of investigation by the committee. U.S. intelligence agencies will have to approve making the report public.

Thompson said the report "confirms that no one was deliberately misled, no military assets were withheld and no stand-down order (to U.S. forces) was given."

That conflicts with accusations of administration wrongdoing voiced by Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Vista (San Diego County), whose House Government Oversight and Reform Committee has held hearings on the Benghazi attack.

The report's conclusions, according to Thompson, include these:

— Intelligence agencies were "warned about an increased threat environment, but did not have specific tactical warning of an attack before it happened."

— "A mixed group of individuals, including those associated with al Qaeda, (Moammar) Khadafy loyalists and other Libyan militias, participated in the attack."

— "There was no 'stand-down order' given to American personnel attempting to offer assistance that evening, no illegal activity or illegal arms transfers occurring by U.S. personnel in Benghazi, and no American was left behind."

That's it, right? After 13 congressional hearings and 50 special briefings, case closed, yeah?

Nah. A special House Benghazi committee with a $3.3 million budget has hired staff and plans to start meeting in September.

ah lord we are hosed as a country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
obama personally killed vilerat i saw it happen

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

the only important part of the article

quote:

Rep. Mike Thompson, a California Democrat who sits on the panel, told the San Francisco Chronicle late Friday that conservatives' big Benghazi witch-hunt was a nothingburger, and we'd all be reading more about it soon

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I hope the next president is even blacker.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
Vilerat is still a D&D mod. What is obama hiding

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

InterFaced posted:

black hillary clinton

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

This study didn't have enough confirmation bias lol lets do another

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

InterFaced posted:

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

InterFaced posted:

Bill probably entered Hillary a couple hours after deepdickin a Haitian nurse so its possible

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

InterFaced posted:

Snipes/Clinton 2016

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Frankly if president wesley snipes is at good at keep tax loopholes open as he is at using them maybe the USA would be out of debt.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
another example of the GOP pissing money away for no reason while they bemoan massive government spending

obama should just issue an executive order telling people to stfu about this already

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
B-b-b-but BENGHAZI!?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I forget, what does B E N G H A Z I stand for again?

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
i swear to god the GOP is the best thing to ever happen to Obama.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Gorman Thomas posted:

Bill probably entered Hillary a couple hours after deepdickin a Haitian nurse so its possible

thats not how getting pregnant works yo

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

the GOP investigation into benghazi is a conspiracy by obama to make the GOP look insane and incompetent

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Prettz posted:

the GOP investigation into benghazi is a conspiracy by obama to make the GOP look insane and incompetent

no, its a republican conspiracy to make it look like obama is making the GOP seem insane and incompetent

trust me i listen to a lot of rush limbaugh

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

no, its a republican conspiracy to make it look like obama is making the GOP seem insane and incompetent

trust me i listen to a lot of rush limbaugh

also impeachment and that lawsuit thing

Wh1plash
Oct 13, 2008
Shoot blues

Edit: RIP Vilerat. At least I got to see him shoot goons in spaceships

veilo
Jul 17, 2010

Never posts
Congratulations guys, you have finally solved the benghazii murder mystery!

Well done and good luck in future investigations!

some sort of fish
Apr 25, 2011
did he actually tell them it was a nothingburger or is htis a subtle smear campaign

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you said its done but its gonna continue????

get it together op

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Emanuel Collective posted:

Vilerat is still a D&D mod. What is obama hiding

i am impressed the conspiracy never went that deep

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I don't want a person who uses the phrase "nothingburger" near anything of consequence, ineffective government or not get that man away from there he sucks.

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I still can't believe Obama shot all those Benghazis

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
I can already you what the results of the next report will be. Just send that $3.3 mil my way.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

InterFaced posted:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I wonder how many times the republican party needs to lose a presidential election to completely melt down into a rump party and what will be the most utterly batshit political party in history

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Fabricated posted:

I wonder how many times the republican party needs to lose a presidential election to completely melt down into a rump party and what will be the most utterly batshit political party in history

It took two.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
WHO IS BEN GHAZII

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Benjamin Ghazi was a good man cut down in his prime by Obama's death panels

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

oh fuck are you seeing this bomb man. ARE YOU SEEING THIS?
edit: posted in thread by accident on phone also gently caress the house republicans. peace.

KamikazeJim fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 5, 2014

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

the search continues for the real killer

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I did Ben Gasilly.
He was 5/10, not bad for a bottom.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

InterFaced posted:

Absalom Baird
Jul 13, 2010
Obama eat the nothingburger
Eat the nothingburger, Obama

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I hope Hillary wins so the GOP's latent misogyny will just spill out in a tidal wave of impotent rage.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I hope Hillary wins so the GOP's latent misogyny will just spill out in a tidal wave of impotent rage.

Is there a black Hillary Clinton so they can keep the unbridled racism up too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

420DD Butts posted:

Benjamin Ghazi was a good man cut down in his prime by Obama's death panels

Benjamin Ghazi just wants his old life back

• Locked thread