Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Arian_Samurai posted:

Heavy legs is a illness that only French people get. Described as a "unpleasant sensation of pain and heaviness" in the lower limbs. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/7779126.stm

Yo wrf france? Get your poo poo together already.

quote:

Dr Auber told me that a French colleague of his, who recently moved to join a surgery in London, was staggered to see her British colleagues telling patients complaining of blocked ears, to just go home and pour olive oil into them.
There is a range of treatments available for heavy legs

In France she said, her patients would have demanded a medical prescription to shift the unwanted wax and she would have felt obliged to write one out.
Dr Auber claims that many of his patients are deeply disappointed if they do not get a prescription after a visit to his practice and he is quite sure that many go off mumbling that he has not bothered to treat them.
France is whiny babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

katlington posted:

Yo wrf france? Get your poo poo together already.

France is whiny babies.

Giving out prescriptions for minor health problems is a bad idea.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

etalian posted:

sweet kickbacks tho

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

etalian posted:

No poo poo right?

No you cannot have le script, you're fine! *kicks french pensioneer in bottom and out the door*

naem
May 29, 2011

HAIL SEITAN

lil gluten joke heh

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

etalian posted:

Yeah but they're French, and therefore genetically predisposed to fold/surrender immediately

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

HAIL SEITAN

lil gluten joke heh

heh

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Straker posted:

yeah saw this months ago when it was published, it's like whoa you mean to tell me the food people have primarily been gorging themselves on for thousands of years generally isn't bad for us and it's just hipsters and yoga moms being bitches????

also, i have sex with lots of girls

yeah, when i think urban, trend-seeking twenty-somethings, I think "gluten intolerance"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

heavy legs is apparently a french thing, I guess they are terrified of getting a medical condition that makes it impossible to run away.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

etalian posted:

heavy legs is apparently a french thing, I guess they are terrified of getting a medical condition that makes it impossible to run away.

lol

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced

Maoist Pussy posted:

I have to take antihistamines after drinking craftbeer. I don't know if its gluten or hops or whatever other poo poo people felt the need to put in beer, but good job ruining a really simple beverage, fat beardy nerd faggots.

bland, lovely beer is still available everywhere so why are you buying craft beer if you don't like it??

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

help i'm so gay that i'm allergic to beer

Straker
Nov 10, 2005

OMGVBFLOL posted:

yeah, when i think urban, trend-seeking twenty-somethings, I think "gluten intolerance"
but they aren't really trendy, they just crave the appearance of it and countercultural nonsense. so umm yes gluten intolerance

"i can't eat what you normal people eat it makes my tummy hurt" :qq:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i have a very particular constitution i can only eat saffron and one strand at a time b/c too much at once and i get a sore tumtum

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

THS posted:

carbs are bad imo and a lot of research now bears that out

Just totally and obviously giving up on dignity of any sort is my fetish

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
yeah i mean the gluten thing is obviously bullshit but you know people believe a lot of stupid crap about health and just in general. there's a lot of people who just read articles and automatically believe everything in them even though the majority of them on the internet and magazines are designed to deceive so they go viral.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kyrie eleison posted:

yeah i mean the gluten thing is obviously bullshit but you know people believe a lot of stupid crap about health and just in general. there's a lot of people who just read articles and automatically believe everything in them even though the majority of them on the internet and magazines are designed to deceive so they go viral.

a friend of mine told me that her father heard somewhere that potato chips are carcinogenic and because cancer runs in his family he didn't eat chips for a year.

and the article doesnt deny that people eat foods with gluten in them and they get discomfort, all its saying is that theyre attributing it to gluten when its something else. so it's not all psychological.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

THS posted:

carbs are bad imo and a lot of research now bears that out

Is that loving Walter white on the right

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
lmao if you're a self-diagnosed anything tbh

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
Other people not eating gluten has impacted my life in absolutely no way so I don't understand why people are such whiny faggots about 'fake gluten sensitivity'. Who cares get the gently caress over it

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
For a couple weeks I cut out gluten, which I think helped simply because I was eating loving tons of protein, veggies and fruit. I've got weird loving intestinal issues, and not eating gluten didn't really help a ton, but it definitely felt better.

Of course, I tried some cookies or poo poo one day and was fine. I just try to keep eating better at least. Less sandwiches. I probably should go to a god drat gastroenterologist

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

OMGVBFLOL posted:

You serious? Its the new thing for people who are too lazy to be vegan but still want to be special.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
why do you believe in any of these things lol

eat regular amounts of stuff it works i promise

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Protein is good.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tripwood posted:

your human being brain cant handle flavor possibly

there are less additives in craft beer then in commercial beers

It might also be the real hops in craft beer instead of artificial hops flavors in macros, then again I think hops are mildly antiinflammatory so prob him just being a whiny pussy like most gluten free people.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
cutting out beer and cheap white sandwich bread and replacing it with fresh fruits and vegetables makes me feel better

i must be allergic to gluten!

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

my wife was a gluten free baker for 7 years and was constantly annoyed at gluten-free diet hipsters coming in and buying up all the product and leaving nothing for the people who actually have celiac disaease

gently caress those people.

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

naem posted:

HAIL SEITAN

lil gluten joke heh

:golfclap:

someone needs to put that on a shirt for the goth gluten-free kids

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

uh, gluten is actually unnatural for humans to consume, it's only been part of a staple food since the dawn of agriculture and one of the oldest known prepared foods. ugh just ugh.

wrap it up, glutailures.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

SplitSoul posted:

uh, gluten is actually unnatural for humans to consume, it's only been part of a staple food since the dawn of agriculture and one of the oldest known prepared foods. ugh just ugh.

wrap it up, glutailures.

i agree

also toilet paper and making GBS threads indoors are unnatural too

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Cream_Filling posted:

i agree

also toilet paper and making GBS threads indoors are unnatural too

yeah, but it's not vital for survival

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Been doing the FODMAP thing for a while now, lost 30 pounds and feel a lot better.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Protein is good.
gluten is protein

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Baronjutter posted:

Been doing the FODMAP thing for a while now, lost 30 pounds and feel a lot better.

really because i tried MODFAPing but it resulted in repeated bannings.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Gorefluff posted:

I stopped eating bread and wheat because it has lovely nutrional content and is terrible for you so I eat only meat, eggs, fruit and vegetables and I have a six pack now, and you could calibrate nuclear test launches with the regularity of my bowel movements, hth

honestly I eat whatever trash i find on the ground and have normal poop patterns too.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011
I want bread that goes up to glueleven

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

honestly I eat whatever trash i find on the ground and have normal poop patterns too.

my dog poops and he's gross

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Mulefisk posted:

my dog poops and he's gross
it's not his fault his turds are not chewy enough for your taste..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Unless there is something really wrong with your poops I don't know why people do diets. Like some totally healthy yogamom getting all fussy about gluten or avoiding this or that. You're fine, shut up. I guess it's nice because they subsidize having more things my stupid retard tummy can enjoy.

• Locked thread