Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Gyshall posted:

Reminder that I started 1-4 last year. Dat waiver wire priority

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I'm 1-5 now ready to trade any and all of my mans send me offers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Now what the fuck are some of these god damn questions?
If I had AP on my team I'd be 19-0 winning the superbowl right now.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
here comes my slide from first to out

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Who wants Jordy Nelson, Calvin Johnson, or Josh Gordon?

I NEED A RB, DAMNIT!

I can package one of those WRs with Ryan Matthews for a top RB

89 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 12, 2014

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
May Murray's bye week serve you well

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Gyshall posted:

May Murray's bye week serve you well

gently caress it.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
NFL should reinstated Peterson already for the Forte - AP pain train to guide me to the gold

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
heh, I'm probably going to be done in and miss the playoffs because I had poor bye week depth, go team!

Looks like I need to win next week, and the fringe guys gotta lose out.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Miniature T-Rex's upset the division leader, Pickle Penis Pounders! A 7 loss team can make it in the playoffs, right?

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

I'm going to get screwed a second year in the row because I can't win loving divisional games. Stupid tiebreaker rules

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
If Pickle Pounders wins in week 13, and I win in week 13, he will win the division based on his division record. He'll be 3-2 and I'll be 2-2.

How is that even fair? :argh:

Division wins is probably not the best way to break record ties. Should we switch to points for for next season?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

internet inc posted:

If Pickle Pounders wins in week 13, and I win in week 13, he will win the division based on his division record. He'll be 3-2 and I'll be 2-2.

How is that even fair? :argh:

Division wins is probably not the best way to break record ties. Should we switch to points for for next season?

Even though it looks like I'll survive my bye week hell that lasted 3 weeks and back in to the playoffs after sitting in first almost the whole season, I'd still say next season let's go to points because it looks like a few teams who would be in won't get in under that format.

my 2 cents.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

internet inc posted:

No. Division play is v. important, just like it is in the actual NFL.

poo poo like this happens all the time in fantasy, but switching to points is not a good solution, especially with the later weeks and reverse waiver wire/injuries etc.

Other alternatives: switch to Free Agent Bidding (more fair for Waivers) or have a wildcard game type of thing (if you can even do that on Yahoo)

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I believe making the playoffs should be awarded to the better teams, not to teams who have lucked out... to some extent.

If we wanted to award the better teams without giving everyone a shot we would remove the divisions and we could even give a percentage of the pot to whoever has the most regular season points (like we do in another league I play in).

On the other hand, division record for tiebreaker relies too much on luck and gives the weaker teams too much of a chance to win.

E: It bears repeating: How silly is it that Pickle Pounders wins the division because his schedule had 1 more division game than mine?

internet inc fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 25, 2014

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I always thought divisions in fantasy football were silly. Like you said, they let worse teams in, simply for getting lucky with their schedule/division. I don't even like it in the NFL, but at least in the NFL it creates rivals and storylines, and good television. As far as I'm concerned nothing should matter in fantasy besides H2H record and points scored as a tiebreaker.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I like divisions cause it makes certain games more important than others and creates rivalries. :colbert:

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

internet inc posted:

I believe making the playoffs should be awarded to the better teams, not to teams who have lucked out... to some extent.

If we wanted to award the better teams without giving everyone a shot we would remove the divisions and we could even give a percentage of the pot to whoever has the most regular season points (like we do in another league I play in).

On the other hand, division record for tiebreaker relies too much on luck and gives the weaker teams too much of a chance to win.

E: It bears repeating: How silly is it that Pickle Pounders wins the division because his schedule had 1 more division game than mine?

A similar thing happened to me last year. I hate division record as a tiebreaker. It hosed me over last year even though tied for 1st with best record and 2nd overall most points. Take a look at the image from last year; red numbers are playoff seeding.

EDIT: You can't have divisional record as the tiebreaker if the same amount of games aren't being played. It is unfair.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
To be fair, I have the second highest points in the league and am sitting at 6-6. Luck plays a big factor into things with fantasy football.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
For what it is worth, this league is like one of 10 I'm in and at least 6 of them have people whining about divisions. Fantasy football is like 90% luck and variance, 10% management and draft.

I don't see a need to change anything :shrug: and I do like inter-division play since it does create rivalries (oh poo poo, playing THIS guy again) etc.

Sleazy P
Aug 31, 2006
Giving aids back to the monkeys.

internet inc posted:

Does anyone want this team:

1. (8) Demaryius Thomas (Den - WR)
2. (17) A.J. Green (Cin - WR)
3. (32) Roddy White (Atl - WR)
4. (41) Joique Bell (Det - RB)
5. (56) Ben Tate (Cle - RB)
6. (65) Andrew Luck (Ind - QB)
7. (80) Jason Witten (Dal - TE)
8. (89) Maikon Bonani (Ten - K)
9. (104) Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)
10. (113) Justin Hunter (Ten - WR)
11. (128) Markus Wheaton (Pit - WR)
12. (137) Shonn Greene (Ten - RB)
13. (152) Andrew Hawkins (Cle - WR)
14. (161) Ryan Tannehill (Mia - QB)
15. (176) Mike Williams (Buf - WR)

for $30?

I can't believe this bullshit team is going to take 1st place :shobon:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
lmao the Jets letting Geno throw 13 times, taking percy out, got me the W, when my dumbass sat Jeffery.

:smugdog:

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Sleazy P posted:

I can't believe this bullshit team is going to take 1st place :shobon:

Congrats on the 1st round bye. Very impressive to take the 8th round waiver kicker to top of the leaderboard

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Well it's been fun! My disaster team didn't show up tonight. Can't expect to win with your 1st two picks gone bye bye. Good luck to rest of teams.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Team shows up at the right time :getin:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
The Bears are literal poo poo and pee pee and are gonna keep me out of the championship.

Sleazy P
Aug 31, 2006

Dubious posted:

The Bears are literal poo poo and pee pee and are gonna keep me out of the championship.

That ended up being really really close.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
1.1 POINTS gently caress THIS GAY EARTH

see ya'll next year, I still get $15 bucks for highest points 3x

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
It's over!

First place: Ea$y money $177
Second place: thisshitisbonanis $88.50
Third place: nerfs d'acier $29.50

the crips: $15
easy money: $5
nerfs d'acier: $10
slappa da bess: $5
pickle pounders: $10
neckbeard fc: $10
hurricane ditka: $5
sheeeeeeeit: $5

Money should be coming your way soon enough. I'm just going to wait until we clear stat corrections deadline. If you don't hear from me for a couple of days it's probably because my wife has gone into labor.

Also, someone should double-check the weekly winners. Remember that it's only for the regular season (I forgot to add that part to the OP, but this is how we did it last year)! Dubious I only see you win most points once. :ohdear:

I'll be sending invitations early next year so we have time to discuss the few issues that came up this year. If you haven't responded ~6 weeks before our draft, you're out of luck, son!

Happy holidays to y'all! You can now stop caring about your Fantasy Football mans and watch your favorite team tank for the #1 draft pick or whatever.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Congrats on your wife going into labor!

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Congrats internet inc. Cant remember your real name. Please keep my $10 until next year.

Also I'd wait until stat corrections as there possibly could be a change.

Congrats to both of the finalists and the eventual winner

The Extrapolator fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Dec 23, 2014

Sleazy P
Aug 31, 2006
Congrats to the winner (although not getting 16 points out of aj and demaryius in the final stung :negative: )

Good luck with the birth of your child!

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Wow. Stat corrections.

You win, Sleazy P!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleazy P
Aug 31, 2006