Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
That's right! It's :siren: FANTASY FOOTBALL :siren: time! I'm sorry I don't have anything better to say. Also I pretty much C/P'ed last year's thread. There might be a few mistakes in there.

Here's last year's winners:

1st place: Gyshall
2nd place: ffoecaf
3rd place: RCarr

I've renewed the Yahoo league from last year, so you should be able to accept the invite from there. I know some of you wanted to be notified through PMs or personal emails and I'll do just that once I've figured out who's who.

The rules:

$30 entry fee, 12 players.
$5 for most points per week to encourage participation throughout the year.
1st place gets 60% of whatever is left.
2nd place gets 30%.
3rd place gets 10%. I'm not entirely sure how we split the money last year, I'll have to look it up. Nothing's set in stone anyway.
Snake draft, no auction.
3 divions.
Last year we used PayPal and I think it worked out just fine in the end. If you want to use a third-party money safe thing, let me know.

That's it for now! Let me know what your intentions are for this year's FANTASY FOOTBALL season. Will you stay? Will you bail? What's going on?

SA - Yahoo

1. internet inc - the crips - RENEWED :homebrew:
2. PoorUser - I Hate Skip Bayless Pice of poo poo - ppcaca's Team - Sleazy P NEW GUY :homebrew:
3. The Extrapolator - neckbeard fc - RENEWED $10 FROM LAST YEAR :homebrew:
4. 89 - Miniature T-Rex's - RENEWED :homebrew:
5. RCarr - HURRICANE DITKA - RENEWED :homebrew:
6. Dubious - Slappa da Bess - RENEWED $10 FROM LAST YEAR :homebrew:
7. dalstrs - Pickle Pounders - RENEWED :homebrew:
8. konna - Jumbo Yarbles A Pale Horse - I'm Loviein It - NEW GUY :homebrew:
9. Gyshall - Sheeeeeeeeiiiiittttt - RENEWED :homebrew:
10. ffoecaf - StuffedinJakeLocker - RENEWED :homebrew:
11. Can't remember - Nerfs d'acier - RENEWED :homebrew:
12. Not on SA - Ea$y money - RENEWED :homebrew:

:homebrew: = PAID

My PayPal is still internet.incorporated at Google's mail service.

internet inc fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
http://doodle.com/n5kckaxczfxn5xvq

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
EST. It says it on the thing but it's kinda hard to see.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I think we have waited long enough for the remaining 2 players. If there aren't any objections, I'll give A Pale Horse a team. We would also be looking for 1 more player to take the last remaining team.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
The date/time that has most votes as of today is September 1st 9PM EST. 6 out of 7 voters can attend. That could change, though, if more people vote.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
A Pale Horse: You're in! What's your email?

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Going to give Jerome Agricola 24 hours to make his decision. If he opts out, the spot is yours!

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
No problem!

Pice of poo poo posted:

Then I'll preventively put my email here: ssubbers at google

Invited!

A Pale Horse posted:

Okay I'm in the yahoo league as I'm Loviein It, now who and how and when do I send my money to?

PayPal 30$ at internet.incorporated at Google's mail service, ideally before the draft. :)

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Google Wallet? Interac transfer if you're in Canada? I don't know how easy/hard it is to cash an US check.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I randomized the draft order as well as set the divisions in a "snake draft" manner.

1st division gets: #1, #6, #7, #12
2nd division gets: #2, #5, #8, #11
3rd division gets: #3, #4, #9, #10 based on last year's standings.

And the draft order:

1. neckbeard fc
2. The Pickle Pounders
3. I'm Loviein It
4. Slappa da Bess
5. Miniature T-Rex's
6. the crips
7. HURRICANE DITKA
8. ppcaca's Team
9. Nerfs d'acier
10. Ea$y money
11. StuffedinJakeLocker
12. Sheeeeeeeeiit

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
$21? Shouldn't it be $20?

Also why did you write "Gyshall" in the message? Is it because you're taking him down?

If so, I love it.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Gyshall and Dubious: I still need your Doodle times.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
The Extrapolator and dalstrs: Anything you can do about August 23rd @ 10pm EST?

To those who haven't paid yet: Is everything alright? There's no rush, but I want to make sure everyone is still onboard. Especially if we draft this Saturday.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
It is a bit early and it is on a Saturday but I didn't make this up. :( Of all the dates between tomorrow and the start of the season, this is the time most people can attend.

Here are some alternatives:

I'll take the 31st off and ffoecaf, A Pale Horse, and Gyshall find a way to make it @ 9 PM.

On the 1st: RCarr, A Pale Horse, and Gyshall find a way to make it @ 9 or 10 PM.

Anything?

89 posted:

Paid and I can draft at 9 PM. Got a draft at 5 PM, but should be done with it by then.

The draft is at 10 PM on Saturday, unless we figure out something else. I think I had it set to 9 PM on Yahoo for a while, but that should be fixed, if that's where the confusion comes from.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Everyone ready for tomorrow 9PM EDT?

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Dubious and Pice of poo poo: You guys still in? Haven't gotten that cheddar yet.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

The Extrapolator posted:

Is that dude that hasn't paid going to show up for draft? I say we replace him with somebody else who can pay. Dubious is all good IMO but I'm worried about new guys who haven't paid. Could probably get another fantasy nerd in the main thread if Pice of poo poo doesn't respond soon.

Yeah, I've thought about that as well. I'm a little worried, to be honest. Do you think we could find someone in the next 40 minutes?

EDIT: Heh, forget it. I have to unlock the teams, redo the draft order and all that before 8:30. :(

Sucks about the autodraft, but it happens even when people are participating. We almost drafted without 2-3 players being able to show up. We'll see what we do if we never hear from him again.

internet inc fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 2, 2014

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Does anyone want this team:

1. (8) Demaryius Thomas (Den - WR)
2. (17) A.J. Green (Cin - WR)
3. (32) Roddy White (Atl - WR)
4. (41) Joique Bell (Det - RB)
5. (56) Ben Tate (Cle - RB)
6. (65) Andrew Luck (Ind - QB)
7. (80) Jason Witten (Dal - TE)
8. (89) Maikon Bonani (Ten - K)
9. (104) Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)
10. (113) Justin Hunter (Ten - WR)
11. (128) Markus Wheaton (Pit - WR)
12. (137) Shonn Greene (Ten - RB)
13. (152) Andrew Hawkins (Cle - WR)
14. (161) Ryan Tannehill (Mia - QB)
15. (176) Mike Williams (Buf - WR)

for $30?

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Cool! I'll follow that thread and see where it takes us.

If we don't find someone by Thursday, I'll get that team a defense and align whoever has the most projected points according to Yahoo. It'll buy us a few more days to find someone.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
It's yours, Sleazy P!

My PayPal is in the OP. Give me your email and I'll send you the invitation.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I'll trade my depth at WR for depth at RB.

Let's trade our bads.

-the crips

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
If Pickle Pounders wins in week 13, and I win in week 13, he will win the division based on his division record. He'll be 3-2 and I'll be 2-2.

How is that even fair? :argh:

Division wins is probably not the best way to break record ties. Should we switch to points for for next season?

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I believe making the playoffs should be awarded to the better teams, not to teams who have lucked out... to some extent.

If we wanted to award the better teams without giving everyone a shot we would remove the divisions and we could even give a percentage of the pot to whoever has the most regular season points (like we do in another league I play in).

On the other hand, division record for tiebreaker relies too much on luck and gives the weaker teams too much of a chance to win.

E: It bears repeating: How silly is it that Pickle Pounders wins the division because his schedule had 1 more division game than mine?

internet inc fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 25, 2014

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
It's over!

First place: Ea$y money $177
Second place: thisshitisbonanis $88.50
Third place: nerfs d'acier $29.50

the crips: $15
easy money: $5
nerfs d'acier: $10
slappa da bess: $5
pickle pounders: $10
neckbeard fc: $10
hurricane ditka: $5
sheeeeeeeit: $5

Money should be coming your way soon enough. I'm just going to wait until we clear stat corrections deadline. If you don't hear from me for a couple of days it's probably because my wife has gone into labor.

Also, someone should double-check the weekly winners. Remember that it's only for the regular season (I forgot to add that part to the OP, but this is how we did it last year)! Dubious I only see you win most points once. :ohdear:

I'll be sending invitations early next year so we have time to discuss the few issues that came up this year. If you haven't responded ~6 weeks before our draft, you're out of luck, son!

Happy holidays to y'all! You can now stop caring about your Fantasy Football mans and watch your favorite team tank for the #1 draft pick or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Wow. Stat corrections.

You win, Sleazy P!

• Locked thread