Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I changed the draft date to whatever had the most votes (10/12). RCarr and wattershed: is there any way you can make it to the draft on August 28 at 9pm EST?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Hopefully, but I wont know until the weekend before at the earliest.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

internet inc posted:

I changed the draft date to whatever had the most votes (10/12). RCarr and wattershed: is there any way you can make it to the draft on August 28 at 9pm EST?

I have a mandatory class on Thursday nights. 6-9 EST. 10pm est I can do, as I have a 50ish minute commute when I leave at 9pm est.

I'll be honest - if it's going to be at a time I can't attend, after inheriting the worst team with no worthwhile keepers, I'd rather you just gave me my money back and I left the league. You'll still have plenty of time to find someone else.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Yeah, I understand. :(

However, August 28th at 10pm, with you being able to make it, puts us at 11/12, making it the best slot. Is this going to work?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Paid

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

internet inc posted:

Yeah, I understand. :(

However, August 28th at 10pm, with you being able to make it, puts us at 11/12, making it the best slot. Is this going to work?

I can do 10pm EST, yes. Sounds like a plan.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Has anyone missed the keeper selection deadline? I ask because a few teams haven't made selections, was that your intention? If not, PM me your 3 players, or simply post them here I guess.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

internet inc posted:

Has anyone missed the keeper selection deadline? I ask because a few teams haven't made selections, was that your intention? If not, PM me your 3 players, or simply post them here I guess.

Not keeping anybody. Also, saw the time for the draft was still set for 9pm that night, just making sure we agreed on 10pm est?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

internet inc posted:

Ah crap, I couldn't figure out how to submit them in Yahoo because I'm dumb. I'm keeping Golden Tate, DeSean Jackson and Rashad Jennings.

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Yeah I am keeping Cameron and Michael Floyd

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/102488/draftresults

Let me know if I messed something up.

Also, is everyone still on for Thursday (28th) @ 10pm EDT?

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Oh, last season's results don't determine draft order? That seems.....odd.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I don't know if there's much of an advantage to pick first or last in a snake draft. I suggested doing a linear draft inverse of last year's standings earlier in the thread and did not get much of an answer.

With the first two rounds getting blocked every year I think it prevents stacked teams from staying stacked very long.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I'd like to see random draft order every year, as long as keepers are blocked in the first two rounds.

I think that makes it more fun (varied teams and deeper keeper strategy) and also is more friendly to new comers as well.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Random sounds like the best bet to me, too.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Gyshall posted:

and also is more friendly to new comers as well.

I'm not sure how that's more friendly to newcomers when I take over the worst team with no worthy keepers but I have to pick last.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

wattershed posted:

I'm not sure how that's more friendly to newcomers when I take over the worst team with no worthy keepers but I have to pick last.

I'll trade picks with you if you don't want to pick last.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I don't know how accurate this is but most of my Googling ends up in similar results:

http://www.fantasysharks.com/artman2/publish/2014_Draft_Slot_Analysis.htm

The difference between last year's odds of finishing first if you drafted from the best position (8th) and from the worst position (11th) is only 3%. Not only is it a small advantage, but it also varies from year to year. 2012's best position was 1st, worst was 11th. 2011's best position was 6th, worst was 12th. I'll concede that there's a pattern, bottom picks are often at a small disadvantage, but I feel like this is the kind of percentage we can leave up to chance.

That being said, I'll offer you my second round pick for your twelfth. I feel like it is less of a gamble to be able to pick two average starters as opposed to a lone superstar who is going to gently caress me over when he gets hurt.

Everyone else feel free to trade your draft slots until tomorrow, let's say 8 PM EDT (since I have to redo the entire keeper selections if I change the draft order).

E: Beaten by Gyshall on the trading thing. :argh:

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Sheeeeeeit, we can trade picks? Players & picks or just picks for picks? I didn't know that...gonna think about it a bit.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I'd swap draft positions with you if you want. Would love to pick last.

and josh gordon

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
You can trade picks for players as long as an equal number of picks is traded both ways. You could give your 2015 first round pick for Jamaal Charles + a 10th round pick or something. I'm a little sad we didn't trade picks even once last year but I guess it's hard to tell how much value a pick has. That only happens after the draft, though.

What we're talking about here is I'd give up my #2 draft slot for your #12 slot for the entire draft. Or whatever Gyshall's slot is.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I'm pick #7, right in the middle of it.

I'd also be willing to trade Gio Bernard for a third round pick.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Internet inc, just noticed you have Zac Stacy as a 12 round penalty for me (The Green Bastards.)

I picked him up off waivers last year - is that correct?

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Yes sir it is! Undrafted players go for a 12th rounder. If you've got 3 undrafted players it'll be a 12th, 11th, and 10th.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Got it.

Too late to cancel my keepers for Gio and J. Gordon? :smuggo:

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I'm OK with Gordon because of that horrible delay before coming out with the decision.

I don't think it gives you much of an advantage to be able to change your keepers just before the draft, but to be fair with everyone who's had to give me their keepers a week ago I'll say no to G. Bernard. Unless the majority doesn't care. They have to let me know 1 hour before the draft, though. Yahoo locks everything up at 9.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Don't worry about it then. I'll keep all my mans

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Are you sure you still want Gordon? I don't think anyone will oppose this.

Also how does 1 minute per pick sounds for everybody? 1:30? I feel like 2 minutes is way too long. We make 180 picks total, so a potential of 360 minutes (or 6 hours). I understand not all picks take the entire 2 minutes but I'd rather play it safe.

internet inc fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 28, 2014

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

internet inc posted:

Also how does 1 minute per pick sounds for everybody? 1:30? I feel like 2 minutes is way too long. We make 180 picks total, so a potential of 360 minutes (or 6 hours). I understand not all picks take the entire 2 minutes but I'd rather play it safe.

90 seconds is MORE than enough. I've usually set my drafts to 45 seconds to make a pick...if you're not paying enough attention to at least have a fairly good idea of 2-5 guys to pick between your time to pick, you don't deserve to make your own decisions.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

I've pre-ranked my players in case I'm not there right when it starts (which with traffic seems like a distinct possibility).

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

internet inc posted:

Yeah I got him at a value enough and I like him, he is only 23. If he drinks purple again I'll just drop him next year :smith:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Alright Golden Tate, don't make me continue to regret keeping you.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Fielding offers for Josh Gordon (The Green Bastards)

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Gyshall posted:

Fielding offers for Josh Gordon (The Green Bastards)

FIELDING OFFERS FOR DREW BREES TOO

oh god bye weeks

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

California Burritos is gonna get murdered this week. My stout RB combo of Bobby Rainey & Carlos Hyde should seal the deal on a big ol 'L'.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Uhhh, I have 3 wins but it puts me at 2-2? Anyone else got messed up somehow?

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
Apparently they accidentaly removed MNF's points and changed the outcome. They'll probably fix this soon, Twitter is all over it.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Don't worry dudes, I have Branden Oliver and his 28 points firmly planted on my bench this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

So, I now have Adrian Peterson for the price of a last round draft pick. The fact that this wasn't contested worries me, but I'm not sure if it's because he's now worthless when I still think he holds value for 2015, or because none of you are paying attention. Regardless, I'm now in the regrettable position of having to root for a child abuser to be found not guilty. Yay?

• Locked thread