Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

chip and pin is stupid idiot garbage

so is signing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
chip and win

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
poop and pin

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
might I suggest bitcoin?

pagoe
Feb 19, 2013
the chip is kind of broken so sometimes i have to put it in twice but it isnt really that bad. i wouldnt call it a piece of poo poo.

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
i'm glad i can just mash my credit card against the thing and the thing beeps and its done

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i just took the chip out and replaced it with one that gives me infinite money essentially. loving owns.

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i just took the chip out and replaced it with one that gives me infinite money essentially. loving owns.

same

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
cash supremacy

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
I can't wait until we can finally pay for poo poo with Credits.

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
https://web.archive.org/web/20080919003605/http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit_card/

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

chip & dales

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
(Skinny) dip and gin.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

i used a chip for the first time recently. it was weird, you have to put the card in lengthwise and hold it there for a while.

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

remember NFC???? neither do I

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

:butt:

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Had chop and pin here for many years. It is a piece of poo poo. Sorry Obama is making u use it

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

credit cards are archaic and i cant wait for the day i can pay for everything from my phone. nfc with google wallet worked great the few places that have rfid card readers but carriers are trying to kill goog wallet and now i have an iphone so back to pulling out a credit card like a caveman

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Paypass supremacy

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Millstone posted:

Paypass supremacy

yeah gently caress pin let's just use the chip

put chips everwhere

put one in my hand

in my dilz

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

most of the time i just draw a squiggly line

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

local walmart has "signature detection" and what that means is that you can't just draw a single straight line as ur signature, lol

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

lol

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

you don't even have to sign for poo poo under like $100 anymore in the US

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i love registers that allow you to attempt a signature on a small android tablet with a touch pen. doesn't really come out well!

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

DNova posted:

you don't even have to sign for poo poo under like $100 anymore in the US

really? some places don't have me sign but yeah if i just buy a burrito at another place they still have me sign

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Egan Yardley posted:

local walmart has "signature detection" and what that means is that you can't just draw a single straight line as ur signature, lol

lol if you shop at walmart

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
chain vendors you dont have to sign but most small vendors require signatures on all purchases

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

nigga crab pollock posted:

chain vendors you dont have to sign but most small vendors require signatures on all purchases

wow that's pretty discriminatory

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

op have you heard of bitcoin

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

chips own

i love shoving my card into a slot hard iykwim :q:

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

wow that's pretty discriminatory

i think its a liability thing. walmart's not gonna hurt if ur $40 purchase was on a stolen card. mom and pop don't see a benefit in taking that risk.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
i like how the gas stations here make u put ur zip code in. the entire county has one zip code except for the college campus.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Egan Yardley posted:

lol if you shop at walmart

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

what if your signature is a single straight line

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
my cisgendered privileged signature.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

lmaoooooooo

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
US gas stations make u pay up front wtf

just have acount at every place u go OR be they're dealer and get poo poo for free

• Locked thread