Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theadder
Dec 30, 2011

tulips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
and bitterballen

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
i'll willingly give up my fingerprints so i don't have to go through customs every time i fly back from china

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

rear end cobra posted:

my country isnt eligible for global entry even though we gave obama a peace prize just to make him happy lol

yesterday i entered the us green card lottery fingers crossed

don't come here it sucks

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

spankmeister posted:

I wonder why it's Dutch citizens but none of the other European countries.

i think because back when the precursor to global entry existed the netherlands had a parallel effort for automated entry and they harmonized them

same deal with south korea

dunno why we aren't linked with the uk tho

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

mishaq posted:

i think because back when the precursor to global entry existed the netherlands had a parallel effort for automated entry and they harmonized them

same deal with south korea

dunno why we aren't linked with the uk tho
ah ok that makes sense
nice av btw

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

:smugmrgw:

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

whatever happened to EMVigilantes gang tags

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Bisty Q. posted:

whatever happened to EMVigilantes gang tags

someone please do the needful

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

mishaq posted:

someone please do the needful

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

mishaq posted:

don't come here it sucks

itll be cool to live in the 1980s again

also americans are generally pretty nice people

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

i always enjoy my time in the usa hope this helps, op

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

rear end cobra posted:

my country isnt eligible for global entry even though we gave obama a peace prize just to make him happy lol

good luck on your application for a freedom demo license. I would also highly suggest applying for a permanent freedom license if you are able.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

babys first card (with its 20k limit) showed up today time to get cripplingly in debt hellyeah

also its got chip and sig suuuck iiiit pinhavers lmao

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

my first card had like a €1000 limit and currently i have a €2500 but that's because i was too lazy to put it back to a thousand after i upped it for a vacation 2 years ago

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

do i sign the back of my amex it doesnt say whether or not to and im not sure if the lil spot is indeed a spot to sign

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Bloody posted:

do i sign the back of my amex it doesnt say whether or not to and im not sure if the lil spot is indeed a spot to sign

it is for you to sign

please do the needful

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Shaggar posted:

good luck on your application for a freedom demo license. I would also highly suggest applying for a permanent freedom license if you are able.

thank you shaggar that is very kind

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i did not sign my amex because it has a photo of me on the back (its the costco amex so its your membership card too)

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Sniep posted:

i did not sign my amex because it has a photo of me on the back (its the costco amex so its your membership card too)

your card is not valid for use unless you sign it :pseudo:

you're almost as bad as the people that write "see id" there instead of signing

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mishaq posted:

your card is not valid for use unless you sign it :pseudo:

you're almost as bad as the people that write "see id" there instead of signing

to be fair unlike most cards my amex at least does not actually explicitly say that on the back of it

speaking of which, i got a new chip and signature amex yesterday, but it doesn't have tap to pay?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

hobbesmaster posted:

to be fair unlike most cards my amex at least does not actually explicitly say that on the back of it

both of my amexes say "Cardmember Signature" underneath the box.

and i was lying i did sign it but it wore off long ago so its just a kinda smudge on my daily use amex

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i have a blue cash preferred or w/e they call it - its actually translucent and theres not much printing on the back. just has the toll free number, americanexpress.com and the international collect number printed on it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

rear end cobra posted:

i'm pretty sure he would have skipped the prize if he could decline it silently

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Sniep posted:

both of my amexes say "Cardmember Signature" underneath the box.

and i was lying i did sign it but it wore off long ago so its just a kinda smudge on my daily use amex

you dirty rascal

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

speaking of which, i got a new chip and signature amex yesterday, but it doesn't have tap to pay?

tap to pay cards made a quick disappearance from the market in the us not long after their introduction, i dont know exactly why, maybe paranoia/general stupidity of americans

i haven't had a card with rfid since my debit card from 2008 at my old bank had it

one citi card I signed up for a while ago came with a separate rfid sticker I could put on my phone or keys or whatever, but the card itself didnt have rfid

but apple pay will correct all of this so its ok

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I haven't had a card that wasn't tap to pay since they introduced them and I haven't seen a new terminal that doesn't have tap to pay or that does have a smart card slot.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shaggar posted:

I haven't had a card that wasn't tap to pay since they introduced them and I haven't seen a new terminal that doesn't have tap to pay or that does have a smart card slot.

this is why i'm confused, all the new payment things have them but my discover and amex don't. i'm not surprised that my credit union doesn't have fancy cards because its a small credit union but amex and discover?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
my previous us card from like 2009 was tap to pay which was pretty neat at the time but my new one is only tap to pay bc i have put it into Pay on my space gray iphone 6 :getin:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

unless you exclusively use your card at gas stations, 90% of the terminals you have used have the smart card slot, they're just usually hidden on the bottom

they're really badly placed and not self evident at all on the American ones, I really don't get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

and a lot ive seen still have a plastic insert in the slot

• Locked thread