Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
Do you let your dogs walk/poop on other people's lawns?

Cause I do and apparently some people are horrified by the thought and I'm like what I have plastic bags I just pick up poop what's the big deal save for the faint trace of dog fecal matter that gets left behind or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

people get really mad about the idea of dogs pooping on their lawns but don't care if rabbits and squirrels and rats run around making GBS threads everywhere this is something i've thought about before because i lead a very boring life

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

Same here OP

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Rain is basically urine if you think about it

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
I don't have a dog but I've never stopped to consider whether pooping on other people's lawns is an issue, I just like to be myself

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

It's either the dog, or me. What's it gonna be?

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion
they just want you to tell them that they're pretty. that's all they want - attention. poop complainers are IRL SJWs... just people who are insecure and need someone to tell them that they matter, because their parents have stopped trying years ago (or killed themselves because of how awful a job they've done)

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

i'd let my dog walk/poop on this thread

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Ruby got Railed posted:

i'd let my dog walk/poop on this thread

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 637 days!
I don't own a dog because I'm not a selfish cretin.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

everyon e should own a dog

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 637 days!
I routinely lobby congress that until homelessness is largely eradicated only Mike Vick should legally be allowed to own dogs. All the dogs.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

A Tin Of Beans posted:

people get really mad about the idea of dogs pooping on their lawns but don't care if rabbits and squirrels and rats run around making GBS threads everywhere this is something i've thought about before because i lead a very boring life
Rodents & lagomorphs don't poop as big as people though, they take tiny dehydrated poops. My neighbors have a dog the size of a pony & when he poops in the yard it's like having a hobo take a giant malt liquor poo poo in the grass. I get mad about hobos making GBS threads in my yard and I think that's reasonable.

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

No and if she does happen to poop while we're walking I pick it up with a baggie. I have also put up passive aggressive signs telling people to pick up their dog poo poo cause the yard for the apartment building is small and my mom ends up rolling her walker in it. You can just imagine the mess a walker with poo poo on its wheels makes. :shrek:

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
My neighbor does that but picks it up he also carries a wooden baton and a .38 with him so if anyone has given him hell about it he hasn't told me.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

My neighbors don't leash their dog and the dog is constantly in our yard and he pees and poops everywhere and we asked them once to pick up after their dog and they said they would but then they didn't so we told them that it is against the LAW to let their dog out without a leash and they said they knew and that they'd put him on a leash but they didn't.

What I'm trying to say is that my neighbors dog is literally terrorizing my family and I am powerless to do anything about it without getting the police involved or breaking the law myself.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
what's the best kind of buckshot needed to protect one's lawn?

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 637 days!

PureEvil6_13 posted:

My neighbor does that but picks it up he also carries a wooden baton and a .38 with him so if anyone has given him hell about it he hasn't told me.

Your neighbor sounds like a huge pussy.

Otacon posted:

What I'm trying to say is that my neighbors dog is literally terrorizing my family and I am powerless to do anything about it without getting the police involved or breaking the law myself.

Just kill it. Say you went to chase it off the lawn and it tried to bite you. The police probably won't even show up.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Spanish Manlove posted:

what's the best kind of buckshot needed to protect one's lawn?

Oh, are you too good for an electric fence?

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

Otacon posted:

My neighbors don't leash their dog and the dog is constantly in our yard and he pees and poops everywhere and we asked them once to pick up after their dog and they said they would but then they didn't so we told them that it is against the LAW to let their dog out without a leash and they said they knew and that they'd put him on a leash but they didn't.

Douse your yard with a substance that contains high amounts of capsicum in it like pepper spray. Or call the police on your dumbass neighbors

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

A Tin Of Beans posted:

We changed the law in my city a few years ago so that you could bring dogs on to most restaurant patios. Like almost every restaurant in the city immediately ran out and bought dog treats and dog bowls for their patios because doggies but some people freaked the gently caress out about what a public health concern dogs chilling on restaurant patios was going to be like there were not birds and squirrels that didn't get regular baths and vaccinations making GBS threads all over the place already.

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Seriously just kill the dog. The police won't care

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Otacon posted:

My super lovely neighbor's cat used to do the same thing. Tore up my garden and left cat poo poo everywhere. I tried being civil but she wasn't having it, so I set out a live trap with tuna cans and turned the thing in to animal control who took it away. If it's legal to set out live traps for animals where you live, I suggest you do the same. Don't injure or hurt the thing or set up booby traps because you could get in trouble.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 637 days!

Three Olives posted:

We changed the law in my city a few years ago so that you could bring dogs on to most restaurant patios. Like almost every restaurant in the city immediately ran out and bought dog treats and dog bowls for their patios because doggies but some people freaked the gently caress out about what a public health concern dogs chilling on restaurant patios was going to be like there were not birds and squirrels that didn't get regular baths and vaccinations making GBS threads all over the place already.

lol no one cares about your loving dog. It's not cute, or fun, or anything.

Bringing your dog into a restaurant for anything other than special needs is some hosed up werido egotistical poo poo. Restaurants are for humans to eat, converse and bond, not worry about little yappy glorified rodents running about.

Tsinava posted:

Seriously just kill the dog. The police won't care

Also this, a dog isn't inherently better than a deer or a pheasant etc, so if your neighbors dog is even slightly decreasing your life quality due to them being poo poo heads, just say it tried to attack you.

Get out of jail free card for any dog related BS. The police don't care about dogs, in fact much evidence suggests you could easily get the police to shoot it for you.

Cesar Cedeno fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 5, 2014

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
only if the grass is lovely.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Bringing your dog into a restaurant for anything other than special needs is some hosed up werido egotistical poo poo. Restaurants are for humans to eat, converse and bond, not worry about little yappy glorified rodents running about.

yeah dogs should have to stay int he car, witht he windows rolled up so no one has to hear that annoying little bitch bark at them

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Your neighbor sounds like a huge pussy.

yeah what a chump for not wanting to take a savage assault from another dog.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Doggies improve every situation, I'm sorry you have a bad personality where dogs chilling out while you drink and talk with friends doesn't improve things.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

The worst dogs are the ones who bark at anything and everything.

OH LOOK A LEAF *BARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARK*

OH LOOK A PERSON *BARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARK*

OH MY GOD A CAR DROVE BY *BARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARK*

THE SUN IS TOO BRIGHT *BARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARK*

MY BARKING SCARED ME *BARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARK*

IT IS MIDNIGHT *BARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARK*

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

PureEvil6_13 posted:

yeah what a chump for not wanting to take a savage assault from another dog.

I just carry a can of bear spray on my belt and maglite. I don't care if your dog is sweet, if your animal is not on a leash and it approaches me and ignores my request to keep away, I'm going to get out the bear spray and protect my dog. Had a few close calls but never actually had to use the trigger because the owners were able to get the dog under control. If you can't control your dog, I am going to control it for you.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 637 days!

Three Olives posted:

Doggies improve every situation, I'm sorry you have a bad personality where dogs chilling out while you drink and talk with friends doesn't improve things.

lol it's never just "dogs chilling out" people bring lovely little gently caress up dogs like poodles and yorkies to restaurants like this.

They don't stay still, they yap non-stop, and the owners just throw bits of food on the floor every other minute like assholes to make it stop being annoying for 4 seconds. Breeds that should never have been created.txt

Of course, I'm alright with a few restaurants doing this, sucks up all the dog people and keep them out of the better places.

Spanish Manlove posted:

yeah dogs should have to stay int he car, witht he windows rolled up so no one has to hear that annoying little bitch bark at them

Well sure, that's fine too. I was just gonna say leave it at home or tied up in the yard if you're going out to eat, but this does a brutish efficiency to it.

Cesar Cedeno fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 5, 2014

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Also this, a dog isn't inherently better than a deer or a pheasant etc, so if your neighbors dog is even slightly decreasing your life quality due to them being poo poo heads, just say it tried to attack you.

Get out of jail free card for any dog related BS. The police don't care about dogs, in fact much evidence suggests you could easily get the police to shoot it for you.

Boy some people sure are sociopaths about animals. What's that like?

Edit: Don't care if dogs poop on my lawn.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 5, 2014

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Muttonchips posted:

I just carry a can of bear spray on my belt and maglite. I don't care if your dog is sweet, if your animal is not on a leash and it approaches me and ignores my request to keep away, I'm going to get out the bear spray and protect my dog. Had a few close calls but never actually had to use the trigger because the owners were able to get the dog under control. If you can't control your dog, I am going to control it for you.

The mental image of you walking your dog is hilariously faggy. "Bear" spray on hip, mag lite in one hand, walmart plastic bag in other.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 637 days!

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Boy some people sure are sociopaths about animals. What's that like?

Pretty sure the sociopaths would be the neighbors who just let the dog run around doing whatever, making GBS threads in peoples lawns, and refuse to do anything about it even when confronted.

Not the person who takes care of the lovely, borderline dangerous, hellbeast making GBS threads all over, not listening to anyone.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Technically no. Although, a lot of people think that the grass on the street side of the sidewalk belongs to them.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Dear E/N,

My neighbor poops on my lawn every morning. Not his dog, but my neighbor himself walks over to my yard, pulls up his bathrobe, and drops a fresh steamer onto my yard almost every morning. is this considered sexual harassment?

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Good dog plan:

Take two weeks off for vacation and tell everyone you are going overseas.

Seal off all of your doors and windows.

Kill yourself.

Make sure your dog is locked inside with a lot of water and no food.

The dog will eat you before people find your body.

(If you care if your dog lives, you can set up an automated away message on your email that activates after a couple weeks)

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Children are worse than pets imo and not only should require leashes but be banned from restaurants and movie theaters as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-7ByEaHFpM

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Muttonchips posted:

Do you let your dogs walk/poop on other people's lawns?

Cause I do and apparently some people are horrified by the thought and I'm like what I have plastic bags I just pick up poop what's the big deal save for the faint trace of dog fecal matter that gets left behind or whatever
I thought you were going to be one of those people who goes "It's just animal poop like squirrels whats the big deal" as if a poo poo the size of a squirrel itself is remotely comparable to dehydrated pellets you see from rodents and such. But like if you're picking it up then it's not really a deal. I guess if your neighbor specifically asked you to not let your dog walk/poop in their lawn even when you picked it up it'd be kind of a dick move to keep doing it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
My parents beat the poo poo out of me if I behaved badly at a restaurant, movie theatre, or in an airplane. Probably why I didn't behave badly.

• Locked thread