Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i love rain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

dontcareaboutname posted:

i live in a desert what's it like to get rained on nonstop, does the depressing weather make you want to kill yourselves?

NHS posted:

Mixed anxiety & depression is the most common mental disorder in Britain, with almost 9% of people meeting criteria for diagnosis. (The Office for National Statistics Psychiatric Morbidity report, 2001)

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

that's the same as america

http://www.cdc.gov/features/dsdepression/

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
About 300lbs lesser!

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
what's UK's favorite imported american products?

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
haha what's it like being SHITTISH more like

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

ReptileChillock posted:

I heard all the beaches suck

beaches in east anglia are good

actually gently caress it, norfolk and suffolk are the best places to live in the UK

warmer, less rain, good beaches, good beer, funny accents and perhaps best of all not in the north but still far enough away from london so you can get away with hating them too

if like, norwich was the size of bristol it would be a paradise

also if gt yarmouth and ipswich could fall into the sea/be nuked that might help too

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

neoliberalism

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Berious posted:

it's just like being an American except a bit shitter and much more expensive

that's the impression i get yeah

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

blues music so we were able to steal/perfect it

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
When it rains in Britain it's a massively surprising event, nobody can quite understand how one moment the weather can be fine and then suddenly it starts raining.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

why does the bbc play period dramas so much??

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

When it rains in Britain it's a massively surprising event, nobody can quite understand how one moment the weather can be fine and then suddenly it starts raining.

this is true, when it starts raining people in my office go over to the big window and just stare baffled for a while

edit: ^^^ old people like them and the bbc only cares about the olds

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
why haven't you guys been able to teach irish and scottish people to speak english?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Whorelord posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-27482399

and the south west apparently

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Whorelord posted:

actually gently caress it, norfolk and suffolk are the best places to live in the UK

warmer, less rain, good beaches, good beer, funny accents and perhaps best of all not in the north but still far enough away from london so you can get away with hating them too

if like, norwich was the size of bristol it would be a paradise

also if gt yarmouth and ipswich could fall into the sea/be nuked that might help too

i did a foreign exchange thing in middle school in a tiny town near ipswich

the family i stayed with had an alcoholic mother, an older brother who was a drug dealer and they had a lot of guns which surprised me bc i thought guns were illegal in britain

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

why haven't you guys been able to teach irish and scottish people to speak english?

Still trying to teach Newcastle people first.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

british ppl, how hard is it to get into oxford/cambridge

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

you ever tried to have a conversation with a scot?

quote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-27482399

and the south west apparently

rains more there though. south west is also good, you have glastonbury

quote:

i did a foreign exchange thing in middle school in a tiny town near ipswich

the family i stayed with had an alcoholic mother, an older brother who was a drug dealer and they had a lot of guns which surprised me bc i thought guns were illegal in britain

what was it called i've probably been there

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 5, 2014

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Queues are really frustrating. You stand in a queue and then someone cuts in front of everyone and you want to say something, you really do, but it goes against your British genes so you huff a bit, tut, you might even turn to the person next to you and raise your eyebrows a little and they will do the same back. Inside you are seething with furious rage. The entire queue feels likewise.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Smoking Crow posted:

Just take the road into them. Not that hard, we have functioning roads over here.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
why don't you guys just draft all your unemployed and make them invade the nearest country?

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

it depends if you go to private school or are a poor

edit: i have a friend that went to oxford + did postgrad there its still funny to ask him about his time at cambridge

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

happyhippy posted:

Just take the road into them. Not that hard, we have functioning roads over here.

oh the famous british humor

sorry, *humour

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Smoking Crow posted:

I am an American and a big fan of the British Isles. What is it like being a resident of them? Is it cool to be British?

:smug:

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

why don't you guys just draft all your unemployed and make them invade the nearest country?

because it's either ireland or france

we don't want ireland and france would be too much hassle (rather large)

may do it if scotland goes independent though

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Whorelord posted:

because it's either ireland or france

we don't want ireland and france would be too much hassle (rather large)

may do it if scotland goes independent though

u guys are overdue for a land invasion of france

there hasn't been one since 1945

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
The fact we haven't kicked the froggies heads in for so long is the reason England has gone down the shitter.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
how does your money work what's a pence? Are you guys proud of india, why don't indians act like tea drinking gentlemen.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
British people have two distinct languages educated and working class and most Brits are fluent in both. The trick is to suss out the situation before deciding which dialect to use. On the telephone or talking to the elderly you must use educated, however if you are speaking to a tradesman it is imperative that you instantly switch to working class and use the words 'cheers' and 'mate' as much as possible in a desperate effort to show that you are just like him and could be friends.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

how does your money work what's a pence? Are you guys proud of india, why don't indians act like tea drinking gentlemen.

pence is like cents pounds is like dollars its all the same except we don't have one pound notes our smallest note is a five and the queen is on all the money, the other side is usually some other important person on notes, a crest on coins

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

do the Spanish still hate you for buying their land and loving up their beaches?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Why not make paul mccartney and his children the new royal family if all you keep them around for is entertainment?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

ethanol posted:

Why not make David bowie and his children the new royal family if all you keep them around for is entertainment?

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
Because Paul Mccartney is a widely hated piece of poo poo.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

if we made any famous person royalty it would just turn out they hosed a bunch of kids in the 70s/80s and wed look foolish

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

i'm gonna say the same thing about liberia

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
THey have black people there, but they talk like in Game of Thrones???????

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

do americans have non-poo poo chocolat (i.e cadburdy's) now?

herseys tastes like ash

quote:

THey have black people there, but they talk like in Game of Thrones???????

an american girl once asked my mate if we have rivers in england

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

is it really hard to keep that fake accent going on the whole time?

• Locked thread