Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Whorelord posted:

i'm gonna say the same thing about liberia

i never heard of liberia i went to public school, as far as i can tell africa is made up of 4-6 countries and madagascar. europe is just britain, france and germany, everything else is russia or vikings. oh and itally exist because of the medici family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

ethanol posted:

Why not make paul mccartney and his children the new royal family if all you keep them around for is entertainment?

You've just highlighted a fundamental difference between Britain and America. In America you have 'the American Dream' in which absolutely anyone can attain anything. You want to be the President? Sure why not! In Britain however we would not know what to do with this kind of freedom, it's the mind numbing misery in knowing that because we haven't been born out of a royal vagina our lives will amount to nothing more than a sack of poo poo that keeps us in line. If literally anyone could become King I'm not sure we could cope with that level of possibility.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
I'm in england atm and everybody acts as though they've lost the will to live

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

is the rape scene in 28 days later an accurate portrayal of the average british soldier's survival instincts??

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Whorelord posted:

do americans have non-poo poo chocolat (i.e cadburdy's) now?

herseys tastes like ash

no we don't and it's because of fda laws about requiring pasteurization

way to base civic governance on a mysophobe

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

dontcareaboutname posted:

i never heard of liberia i went to public school, as far as i can tell africa is made up of 4-6 countries and madagascar. europe is just britain, france and germany, everything else is russia or vikings. oh and itally exist because of the medici family.

cool well liberia is like india only except it's black people instead of brown people and instead of a rape problem it's got a cannibal problem

also it's ruled by the aunt of the fat black woman from parks and rec

quote:

no we don't and it's because of fda laws about requiring pasteurization

way to base civic governance on a mysophobe

lol that's ironic on so many levels

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

U British ppl seem like u need some cheering up

I will live in Britain and teach u how to love and feel joy

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Whorelord posted:

herseys tastes like ash

an american girl once asked my mate if we have rivers in england

hahaha, cadburys good hahahahahahaha

eat some loving zotter chocolate like a civilized human you pleb

ReptileChillock
Jan 7, 2014

by Lowtax
Okay so the beach thing is settled, but how's it feel to live in a place with names so ridiculous you can never be sure if someone is just making them up on the fly?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Whorelord posted:

herseys tastes like ash

i've just eaten some cheap hershey's chocolate and it was alright tbh

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

U British ppl seem like u need some cheering up

I will live in Britain and teach u how to love and feel joy

How loving dare you. Misery is our right and our privilege and we wouldn't want it any other way. That's what it means to be British.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

ReptileChillock posted:

Okay so the beach thing is settled, but how's it feel to live in a place with names so ridiculous you can never be sure if someone is just making them up on the fly?

Like Kalamazoo or Cement City?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i live in san diego i don't think its possible for the UK to have a comparable beach, i've also been to maui, i'm pretty sure all of their beaches are poo poo.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

what do the british folks typically eat?

fish & chips, pasties & curries i can understand, but toad in the hole, bubble & squeak, lots of blood puddings & marmite seem pretty gross

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

ReptileChillock posted:

your country has stupid loving place names as well though

also i live near california

quote:

fish & chips, pasties & curries i can understand, but toad in the hole, bubble & squeak, lots of blood puddings & marmite seem pretty gross

they just have odd names tbf, i mean bubble and squeak is just leftovers. black pudding is lush if a bit dry, goes great with scallops

marmite is okay but i think it comes from when we had no other food because of hitler

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 5, 2014

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

British food is delicious

Toad in the hole is one of the tastiest things I've ever eaten

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

why do brits put up wth thom yorke's bullshit?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i thought you guys just ate potatoes beer pigs and tea and crumpets whatever those are, and porridge.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

ethanol posted:

why do brits put up wth thom yorke's bullshit?

Radiohead are completely overrated you're right.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Kumo posted:

what do the british folks typically eat?

i just ate a really lovely supermarket pizza

toad in the hole is good i made one yesterday

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

his voice reminds me of a dentist's drill

ReptileChillock
Jan 7, 2014

by Lowtax
What's the best tabloid?

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Smoking Crow posted:

Toad in the hole is one of the tastiest things I've ever eaten

it sounds like a sex move, which is terribly unbritish because the british are scared and repulsed by sex

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

ReptileChillock posted:

What's the best tabloid?

sunday sport

quote:

it sounds like a sex move, which is terribly unbritish because the british are scared and repulsed by sex

yeah but here everyone loses their virginity by about 15 while in america because you're all a bunch of fundamentalists this never happens c/d?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

ReptileChillock posted:

What's the best tabloid?

Take a Break.

http://www.takeaweirdbreak.com/

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i don't get it you guys have some fatties that can put american fatties to shame but your commonly displayed fat people don't look too fat.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Whorelord posted:

yeah but here everyone loses their virginity by about 15 while in america because you're all a bunch of fundamentalists this never happens c/d?

my purity ball was beautiful thank you very much :mad:

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
The brits brought blood pudding to Guyana and I can tell you it is good. real good.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Basically like America except where your politicians are crazy, ours are evil.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
do you guys giggle everytime someone says smokes a fag?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Whorelord posted:

your country has stupid loving place names as well though

also i live near california

they just have odd names tbf, i mean bubble and squeak is just leftovers. black pudding is lush if a bit dry, goes great with scallops

marmite is okay but i think it comes from when we had no other food because of hitler

Why do you guys talk like toddlers? All your words and names sound like something a baby came up with

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Thundercracker posted:

Why do you guys talk like toddlers? All your words and names sound like something a baby came up with

don't understand the question. are you asking why the language you speak sounds like toddler talk?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Is it true that you pretend the queen is a figurehead but actually she has a lot of power? I read that somewhere here but it was probably in DnD.

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
well yeah, she does lay all the eggs.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Whorelord posted:

an american girl once asked my mate if we have rivers in england

Missed a prime opportunity to get her started reading Ben Aaronovitch's books on that subject and pretending they're totally true.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Miltank posted:

Is it true that you pretend the queen is a figurehead but actually she has a lot of power? I read that somewhere here but it was probably in DnD.

Maybe idk as someone doing politics at university I really couldn't give two shits about the British constitution

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
What's it like to live somewhere with wild hedgehogs?? :3:

I've heard gardeners try to attract them with saucers of milk because they eat pests.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Erethizon_dorsatum posted:

What's it like to live somewhere with wild hedgehogs?? :3:

I've heard gardeners try to attract them with saucers of milk because they eat pests.

They are much rarer than they used to be :smith:

• Locked thread