Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm already streaming Sunday Ticket on my PS4 and the video quality is shockingly good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dekk
Aug 31, 2001

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm already streaming Sunday Ticket on my PS4 and the video quality is shockingly good

Are you having issues where the stream... jumps back a second or two? It's like rather than pausing while it buffers, it rewinds.

MrBisco
Sep 28, 2001

I GUESS I'M STILL A BIT TOO JEW-DEFENSIVE
I'm not even getting a stream. Logged in fine, but not connecting to any of the games. Pretty frustrating.

EDIT: Forgot to turn off Hola after logging into GamePass. Working great now!

MrBisco fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 7, 2014

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Edit: working

Sumo fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 7, 2014

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
I'm not quite sure what I did but between gamepass, hola, and adfreetime I am successfully watching the wet paper towel that is the Bears D. Thanks guys!

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Is the Minnesota - St Louis game feed crapping up for anyone else?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Dekk posted:

Are you having issues where the stream... jumps back a second or two? It's like rather than pausing while it buffers, it rewinds.

Yes

derelict515
Sep 10, 2003
Does anyone have the Xbox One app working with Sunday Ticket? I finally got it logged in and it shows the schedule but clicking the games doesn't actually take me to a stream?

Twinkie Fat Sac
Dec 17, 2003
firstrow is annoying as hell and has lovely quality. I hardly ever get to watch games because I work sundays. I mainly just want to be able to stream on my PC / tablet if I chose to bring it to work.

Are there any sites or is the dtv package the only thing I can do? Gamepass just seems to be rewinds of games or audio only which I have no interest in. I either watch it live, or dont watch it at all and just see the end score. Cheaper is obviously better.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Does game pass work with Xbox 360 or Boxee box?

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

IF YOU ARE READING THIS IN AN NBA THREAD, LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT TO SEE MY EXPLETIVE RIDDEN, NONSENSICAL POST OF UTTER BULLSHIT
God drat. Gamepass is so good.

MrBisco
Sep 28, 2001

I GUESS I'M STILL A BIT TOO JEW-DEFENSIVE

Twinkie Fat Sac posted:

firstrow is annoying as hell and has lovely quality. I hardly ever get to watch games because I work sundays. I mainly just want to be able to stream on my PC / tablet if I chose to bring it to work.

Are there any sites or is the dtv package the only thing I can do? Gamepass just seems to be rewinds of games or audio only which I have no interest in. I either watch it live, or dont watch it at all and just see the end score. Cheaper is obviously better.
Gamepass is live streaming, just like Sunday Ticket. Using it now after watching on firstrow for years, and the improvement is monumental. For roughly $105 (through methods in the OP), well worth the money.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Can you get the audio to stream in 5.1? It is the only true bummer of Gamepass that I can't seem to get it to work.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hahahaha how was that not a flag

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
This is beautiful.

Twinkie Fat Sac
Dec 17, 2003

MrBisco posted:

Gamepass is live streaming, just like Sunday Ticket. Using it now after watching on firstrow for years, and the improvement is monumental. For roughly $105 (through methods in the OP), well worth the money.

I am using the Hola thing. I changed it to Norway or wherever and its showing at 94.99pounds. Is that what I want it to be? I used the promo code rep15. How do I change the currency to the Krone? With the promo code the cheapest it comes out to is like 155$

Edit : I found where to change it to the Krone. Now it comes out to about 115$ Is that the best or is there another promo code I could apply?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Twinkie Fat Sac posted:

Edit : I found where to change it to the Krone. Now it comes out to about 115$ Is that the best or is there another promo code I could apply?

I paid ~106$ using Portugal, I think others got cheaper than that with maybe Netherlands?

Twinkie Fat Sac
Dec 17, 2003

The337th posted:

I paid ~106$ using Portugal, I think others got cheaper than that with maybe Netherlands?

I figured it out. I used the Danish Krone and it was dropped down to 106$

I had to use paypal because I forgot my wallet in my locket at work.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Stupid question, but does the PS4 Sunday Ticket app allow for Remote Play with the Vita?

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Does the red zone channel not work live on the iPhone app? It works fine on the iPad app but in iPhone it only shows the red zone archive.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Is the cfltesthd stream still active? Can't remember the url and I'm trying to find a HD stream for the Panthers game.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I ran Hola, connected as Netherlands, signed up successfully, but I get a Connection Error when the app tries to load a video... AAAUUUGHHH

Edit: oh wait you HAVE to disable Hola.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's not going to work right now just so you know. Doesn't play Thursday or Monday games, and won't let you watch rewind while those games are on. Can still watch NFL net though.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Volkerball posted:

It's not going to work right now just so you know. Doesn't play Thursday or Monday games, and won't let you watch rewind while those games are on. Can still watch NFL net though.

I'm watching it right now though.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

So I paid for gamecast using Hola, got it playing at the highest quality and HDMI it to my TV. However, the FPS makes it almost unwatchable bad. I'm watching the Lions game through watchespn now and it's so much better. Is there something I'm missing? The gamepass connection just seems so laggy/low FPS. Obviously turned off Hola after.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Sunday ticket worked great for me yesterday and the quality was surprisingly good compared to previous years. Though the skip backwards when buffering was annoying

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
So for us cheap rear end goons, what is the site for the hd streams? Firstrow was extremely choppy and frustrating yesterday.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I'd really love Chromecast for gamepass but I'm guessing getting that going on a USA Android phone is asking quite a bit...

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

ShaneB posted:

I'd really love Chromecast for gamepass but I'm guessing getting that going on a USA Android phone is asking quite a bit...

If you use your PC/lappy then just cast the window and use the One Window extension, works perfectly.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

If you use your PC/lappy then just cast the window and use the One Window extension, works perfectly.

Casting requires a powerful computer to reencode the video vs the Chromecast just natively streaming it.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

ShaneB posted:

Casting requires a powerful computer to reencode the video vs the Chromecast just natively streaming it.

Fair enough, guess I didn't think about that having a PC for *~gaming~*. You are right, it would be nice if GamePass, MLB.tv, and NHL Gamecenter all had native Chromecast support it would be much simpler.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

Fair enough, guess I didn't think about that having a PC for *~gaming~*. You are right, it would be nice if GamePass, MLB.tv, and NHL Gamecenter all had native Chromecast support it would be much simpler.

Gamepass does, but getting the app to run on a USA phone and stream data seems hard.

What's funny is in the off season I actually built a sweet PC and forgot. So I'm casting from that. But I wish I could be using my phone as the interface to Chromecast.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
The 2014 app is supposed to have Chromecast support. It doesn't yet, but I'd keep an eye out for it.

You need to find the apk online and sideload it. It works well, and you can mirror your android device using chromecast and it's lag free, but the android app is capped to sub HD quality.

The Ipad version supposedly works using that method for 720p.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

MJBuddy posted:

The 2014 app is supposed to have Chromecast support. It doesn't yet, but I'd keep an eye out for it.

You need to find the apk online and sideload it. It works well, and you can mirror your android device using chromecast and it's lag free, but the android app is capped to sub HD quality.

The Ipad version supposedly works using that method for 720p.

Yeah but I live in the USA and the sideloaded app is like nahhh you don't have gamepass, son, when you log in.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

ShaneB posted:

Yeah but I live in the USA and the sideloaded app is like nahhh you don't have gamepass, son, when you log in.

I use unblock-us and set my DNS using the unblock-us APP and it works well.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ShaneB posted:

I'm watching it right now though.

Ugh, gamepass you inconsistent bitch.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Game Pass on google play for your phone:
1: Don't use play store app
2: browse to it with your browser.
3: log out completely from google on there
4: now use hola, through Brazil or something, go to the google store.
5: log in.
6: search for gamepass.
7: install it on all your devices.

I think that's what I did anyway.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Professor of Cats posted:

Game Pass on google play for your phone:
1: Don't use play store app
2: browse to it with your browser.
3: log out completely from google on there
4: now use hola, through Brazil or something, go to the google store.
5: log in.
6: search for gamepass.
7: install it on all your devices.

I think that's what I did anyway.

How do you get it to work once it's on your phone though? Can you use Hola on your phone?

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

axeil posted:

How do you get it to work once it's on your phone though? Can you use Hola on your phone?

Yeah, open it up in Hola. If you can't find it on play, I believe you can visit the site directly and it will link you.
(Hola gives you the option to open programs in a locale of your choice). Once you are connected, you can disconnect from hola by swiping down from the top to reveal those notices/alerts thingys. (sorry if this makes no sense. I can take screenshots).

e: Also, on your PC when streaming to Chromecast, it is highly recommended you use a wired connection unless you have a really great wireless connection. This is because since there is no native Chromecast app yet, you literally have to stream it to your pc first, then stream it from your pc to your chromecast.

Professor of Cats fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Sep 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
Is using this with Hola still working for everyone? I can't seem to get in anymore, maybe it's cause I was dumb and signed in using the Chile VPN?

• Locked thread