Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
you got owned you bitch rear end Sissy car driver idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I am a young stud but I am stuck driving a non-sexy car right now. I always get a mood lift when I start to get jealous at sports cars on the road and I see the driver and it's something out of goon.jpg.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Every muscle car in my area is an automatic with some young money mid-late 20s dude in it and every Corvette is a 60 yr old dude

and the worst thing of all, all the big pickups that speed around on the road have a totally pristine bed and theres no dirt or scratches anywhere

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Carol Pizzamom posted:

if you genuinely dont like miatas you prob dont know much about cars

everyone who knows cars loves miatas, nothing but greatness in a car that looks blander than a 1970s volvo and promises affordability on a best buy floor worker's salary

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

everyone who knows cars loves miatas, nothing but greatness in a car that looks blander than a 1970s volvo and promises affordability on a best buy floor worker's salary

people who know cars tend to be straight. they know that miatas usually have hot chicks in them.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Is blinker usage at an all time low? Or has no one ever given a gently caress about blinkers?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I cantq believe in the year of our lord 2014, I cant print on my dad's wireless brothers printer. Like what is up with drivers these days?

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Every time I notice someone tailgating me on my drive to work through the snotty suburbs it will always ALWAYS be some soccer mom in a loving shiny silver SUV. Every. loving. Time.

Screw you bitch. I am not going any faster on a road with parked cars on both sides, kids getting out and crossing the road without looking, people opening car doors etc. I once slowed at the roundabout that's always got a huge queue to let like one guy through on my right (australia is give way to right on roundabout) because they'd been stuck there a while and the cow behind me honked because HOW DARE I INCONVENIENCE HER FOR TEN SECONDS!

Bitch.

I've been a driver for like ten days and I already hate everyone else on the road. Fortunately I do know I suck because I drive slow as molasses, sorry. It's only the suburbs. gently caress em. If they didn't tailgate or blow through intersections without looking I wouldn't be so loving cautious.

Also our license involves a theory test, 10-20 hours of lessons then a on road test for 15 minutes THEN you have to log 50 hours of driving (120 in Vic haha suckas) then another on road test for 40 minutes. Cost me more than my car in lessons.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

ethanol posted:

I cantq believe in the year of our lord 2014, I cant print on my dad's wireless brothers printer. Like what is up with drivers these days?

Nothing pisses me off more than a corrupted dll.

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW

does this look bland or gay buddy???

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I bought a miata 3 weeks ago please stop

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tambaloneus posted:

Every time I notice someone tailgating me on my drive to work through the snotty suburbs it will always ALWAYS be some soccer mom in a loving shiny silver SUV. Every. loving. Time.

Screw you bitch. I am not going any faster on a road with parked cars on both sides, kids getting out and crossing the road without looking, people opening car doors etc. I once slowed at the roundabout that's always got a huge queue to let like one guy through on my right (australia is give way to right on roundabout) because they'd been stuck there a while and the cow behind me honked because HOW DARE I INCONVENIENCE HER FOR TEN SECONDS!

Bitch.

I've been a driver for like ten days and I already hate everyone else on the road. Fortunately I do know I suck because I drive slow as molasses, sorry. It's only the suburbs. gently caress em. If they didn't tailgate or blow through intersections without looking I wouldn't be so loving cautious.

Also our license involves a theory test, 10-20 hours of lessons then a on road test for 15 minutes THEN you have to log 50 hours of driving (120 in Vic haha suckas) then another on road test for 40 minutes. Cost me more than my car in lessons.

I just got road rage from this post.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

redshirt posted:

I just got road rage from this post.

I will go 5 under the limit just for you :)

weeee look at me slowing down for all the roundabouts weeeeee beep beep I have a car now! oh poo poo oh poo poo turn across traffic better sit here till there's nothing in my postcode coming down the road arrrgh scary!

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW

Tambaloneus posted:

weeee look at me slowing down for all the roundabouts weeeeee beep beep I have a car now! oh poo poo oh poo poo turn across traffic better sit here till there's nothing in my postcode coming down the road arrrgh scary!
hope u get ran down by a road train and its many wheels smash ur skull into pulp

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

turdriver posted:

yes unless ls3 swap

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

turdriver posted:

hope u get ran down by a road train and its many wheels smash ur skull into pulp

More than likely given our logging industry it will be the logs that crush me rather than the wheels as it tips over while passing the grandma doing 80 in an 80 zone instead of the 120 it wants to do. Then the logs will crash down the hillside and wipe out a few houses hopefully with people in them so it makes the headlines and blocks the highway for loving days. I'd hate to go out boringly.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tambaloneus posted:

GET OFF THE ROAD ROOKIE!

Seriously, when it's safe to do so, I wish more people would just pull over and let people pass, and then they can resume their put-put ways and everyone's happy.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

redshirt posted:

GET OFF THE ROAD ROOKIE!

Seriously, when it's safe to do so, I wish more people would just pull over and let people pass, and then they can resume their put-put ways and everyone's happy.

Lol seriously I do that. If there's no passing lane, even if I'm doing the limit, I'll pull over and let ppl pass. It's no skin off my back that they wanna speed - I'd rather they do that way off in the distance than right up my rear end. Sadly it's a necessity because P-platers (novice) drivers here aren't allowed to do more than 80 even when there's 110 limit. I pulled over a shittonne driving in the country even on roads where the limit was 60 and nobody sane would go more than that - I still let em pass at the first chance to pull over, it's easier than having to worry about them.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

If a Miata is gay, does that mean S2000s and Z4s are gay too? I guess the Z4 does look like a giant cock...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tambaloneus posted:

Lol seriously I do that. If there's no passing lane, even if I'm doing the limit, I'll pull over and let ppl pass. It's no skin off my back that they wanna speed - I'd rather they do that way off in the distance than right up my rear end. Sadly it's a necessity because P-platers (novice) drivers here aren't allowed to do more than 80 even when there's 110 limit. I pulled over a shittonne driving in the country even on roads where the limit was 60 and nobody sane would go more than that - I still let em pass at the first chance to pull over, it's easier than having to worry about them.

Good post. My road rage is subsiding.

Just remember these words, rook: Go with the flow. Unless that flow is slow as poo poo, then pass everyone.

unexplodable
Aug 13, 2003

ArbitraryC posted:

Keep in mind for a lot of places the law is when you're holding up x number of cars on a 2 lane you're supposed to pull into the shoulder and let them pass. People who drive slower than the flow of traffic (regardless of what the actual speed limit is) are demonstrably and quantifiably more dangerous than people driving at the flow of traffic or a couple miles faster. Telling yourself "I'm going the speed limit!" might make it feel more justified but there's been several studies that people who pull that poo poo cause way more accidents than the dudes who go 5 over. A couple states (like my own) are actually starting to crack down and ticket people who drive slow in the fast lane because empirical evidence has shown they're way more of a nuisance than the guy doing 70 on a 60.

Basically what I'm saying is if you get passed constantly while driving you're not only a bad driver but are an active danger to everyone around you because you're essentially a rolling obstacle.

You're a rolling obstacle only because, as previously noted, everyone around you is an impatient rear end who can't chill out and obey the rules of the road. The chill driver isn't causing accidents, it's the childlike need of others to get to their destination 2 minutes sooner that does.

(I agree that highway speed limits should be higher)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Seriously, if you, as the driver on a one or two lane road observe this:

No cars in front of you;
Lots of cars in back of you;

You might be driving too slow.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Meh, that's pretty much just "idiot on motorbike crashes into poo poo" and "idiot in car doesn't see motorbike". Not nearly as exciting as Russian dashcams, which are either "Dude drinks vodka until he goes blind and then drives his Lada the wrong way down the highway in reverse" or drag-racing truckers in overloaded Soviet-era deathtraps with no brakes obliterating cars in the oncoming lane.

Tuxedo Gin posted:

there are no drivers worse than audi drivers.

whenever some dick pulls some poo poo that makes me say "wow what a dick" it is 90% of the time followed by "oh it's an audi"

I find around here that for dickishness, it's Audi, then BMW, then it's a toss-up between Mercedes and Lexus. For being slow/distracted/generally oblivious, it's Camrys of any vintage, then minivans, then CR-Vs, PT Cruisers, and pretty much any import economy sedan that's between eight and fifteen years old.

School Nickname posted:

...Dumb-as-gently caress behaviours like bombing it 80+ kph on a windy road that can barely fit a car and a truck - hedgerows blocking visibility on both sides...

I spent a couple weeks driving around southeast Ireland a few years ago and saw quite a few winding, hilly ten foot wide two-way roads with nothing but hedges and rock walls directly on the side of the road, and many of them had 80+KPH speed limits. :psyduck: In the US, any road like that with a posted limit would be 25MPH (40KPH) limit at best. Even the secondary N roads around there were remarkably narrow along many stretches, and almost never had shoulders.

I will say that the drivers I encountered in Ireland were remarkably patient with my slow American tourist rear end, though; none of the poor folks who got stuck behind me ever tailgated or honked or tried to pass in dangerous spots or anything, they just followed along calmly until I got to the next pull-off and moved over for 'em. If you tried driving at half the speed limit here in Atlanta, you'd last maybe five minutes before someone either punted you off the road or shot you. :v:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

dennyk posted:

I spent a couple weeks driving around southeast Ireland a few years ago and saw quite a few winding, hilly ten foot wide two-way roads with nothing but hedges and rock walls directly on the side of the road, and many of them had 80+KPH speed limits. :psyduck: In the US, any road like that with a posted limit would be 25MPH (40KPH) limit at best. Even the secondary N roads around there were remarkably narrow along many stretches, and almost never had shoulders.

You've never seen a posted country road in the US?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You've never seen a country road in the US?

I drive this back mother fucka road that's posted 45 but some of the curves and dips and dips with curves are truly 25-30 MPH territory if you want to do it reasonably safely. Fun road - better to drive at night so you can see headlights further ahead.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The best ones are posted at 50 MPH but have sections of loose gravel on tight corners that result in shattered teenage dreams

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

dennyk posted:

You'd love New Zealand! They have these roads labelled as "Scenic Route" which should be relabeled "Near Death Experiences" windy as gently caress cliffside roads with NO VERGE and a nice flimsy barrier between you and the two hundred meter drop to oh hell gently caress me is that a loving combi van husk down there on the rocks? It is, right next to the smashed to gently caress hire car corpse. Oh look a local is overtaking us on a hairpin bend, god speed insane loving NZ bastard!

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Pawn 17 posted:

If a Miata is gay, does that mean S2000s and Z4s are gay too? I guess the Z4 does look like a giant cock...

BMW Z series cars yeah, S2000s arent really girly cars, but, people ascribe more bullshit to them than Miata owners do

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Waltzing Along posted:

It also sucks dealing with people who don't understand the right of way. Ugh.

it pretty much comes down to 'right of way' and 'move out the way', get those two right and i can look past practically any other indiscretion on the road.

road rage is the dumbest loving poo poo ever though, what kind of adult holds down their horn in their pickup truck for 3 minutes straight on the highway because i decided it was in my best interest to cut them off (used signal).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So often I see people just plow through stop signs. "Oh, you're stopped? I guess that means I don't have to."

gently caress you rear end in a top hat driver

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

So often I see people just plow through stop signs. "Oh, you're stopped? I guess that means I don't have to."

gently caress you rear end in a top hat driver

My favorite all time hate move is the guy who blows out of a stop sign or a right on red just in front of you, and then goes under the speed limit.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
tis the season to get stuck behind tractors

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
I decided to play around with a car in front of me at a light that had a bunch of libertarian and john galt/ayn rand bumper stickers and try to beat them at their own game (objectivist philosophy applied to driving in Massachusetts) by maneuvering my way in front of them on a 40mph four lane non-divided highway w/ traffic lights in moderate traffic. they didnt offer much of a challenge and i was in front of them by a few cars within about a minute and a half and then they got caught at a light. five minutes later down the same road the same car comes up from behind in the left lane casually going 5mph faster than me as i was about to turn off the road, and on they went.

turdriver posted:

i drove one (a 95M to be exact, or a purple miata in laymans terms) as a commuter when i was in college, it was really a super good fun time trying out being gay for a little while. unfortunately being gay wasnt nearly as cool back then as it is nowadays.

:gay:

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 7, 2014

Dementedghost
Jan 7, 2010

Running 1.86 miles without dying is literally impossible
Speed limits are gay.

Dementedghost
Jan 7, 2010

Running 1.86 miles without dying is literally impossible

Your Rain posted:

Why don't people turn on their signal when they're switching lanes? How uncivilized!

Lol, no, I can see your car move, I'm not blind.

Put it on before you turn/switch lanes/masturbate, that way I know what you're going to do.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Tambaloneus posted:

You'd love New Zealand!

I was driving all over the south island for a couple months and I didn't really have a problem :shrug: I'm was generally going about 5-10km/hr more than the speed limit and going pretty fast around some of the windy roads but they weren't really that bad. maybe the north island is different?

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Tambaloneus posted:

You'd love New Zealand! They have these roads labelled as "Scenic Route" which should be relabeled "Near Death Experiences" windy as gently caress cliffside roads with NO VERGE and a nice flimsy barrier between you and the two hundred meter drop to oh hell gently caress me is that a loving combi van husk down there on the rocks? It is, right next to the smashed to gently caress hire car corpse. Oh look a local is overtaking us on a hairpin bend, god speed insane loving NZ bastard!

But will a pissed off kiwi driver drop a haka on other cars?

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Xaris posted:

I was driving all over the south island for a couple months and I didn't really have a problem :shrug: I'm was generally going about 5-10km/hr more than the speed limit and going pretty fast around some of the windy roads but they weren't really that bad. maybe the north island is different?

I dunno, we were on the south island too and gently caress if some of those roads weren't scary as hell. Maybe in the 12 yrs since I was there they've put up better barriers, widened the roads or made new less suicidal ones? At one point we could look out the passenger windows and see DOWN, not out, but DOWN the entire cliffside at the rocks below.

Could be a lot worse I guess. (edit pic is not nz is from some 'worlds most dangerous roads' blog)

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
"Going with the flow" (ie. speeding) is really stupid if you don't live in a jurisdiction with some kind of flow of traffic rule. If you speed and get into some kind of accident, prepare to get loving REAMED.

Also driving at anywhere near the maximum speed limit on some country roads in Australia is really loving stupid and that Tamba guy is right for letting dudes pass. Driving on backroads at sunrise, nightime or dusk can be really scary because of kangaroos and you have to be a loving idiot to drive at the speed limit, let alone above it. If you see a guy driving at 110 km/h and it's just getting dark you can rest assured that they are a moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Ross Noble tells you all about the Aussie wildlife: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4o9JKPCQ_M

Mind you he's on a motorcycle so it's that bit extra terrifying I guess.

• Locked thread