Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I'm sorry, but I can't drive 55.
And 65 is not enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you drive in sf you waive your right to complain about anything you stupid sissy fucks

oh but teh office

gently caress you, you work in an office, you are the problem

get a job you bum

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

So often I see people just plow through stop signs. "Oh, you're stopped? I guess that means I don't have to."

gently caress you rear end in a top hat driver

my favorite if its a cyclists just going full speed down a hill in the opposite direction of traffic in the middle lane.

i seriously want san francisoc cyclists to die painfully. many of them deserve death not for inconveniencing me but for being oblivious subhumans

joe944
Jan 31, 2004

What does not destroy me makes me stronger.
While I still don't know exactly what happened with this particular driver, I'm not exactly stoked about her killing my cousin.

http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula/ci_26280540/car-veers-off-highway-101-redwood-city-and

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Kombotron posted:

my favorite if its a cyclists just going full speed down a hill in the opposite direction of traffic in the middle lane.

i seriously want san francisoc cyclists to die painfully. many of them deserve death not for inconveniencing me but for being oblivious subhumans

I wish the city would hire a poo poo ton more cops to just cruise around citing the bicyclists. What? You don't have an ID? Ok, being it to the station and pay your fine to get your bike back, fucker.

joe944 posted:

While I still don't know exactly what happened with this particular driver, I'm not exactly stoked about her killing my cousin.

http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula/ci_26280540/car-veers-off-highway-101-redwood-city-and

gently caress dude. I'm sorry.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Dementedghost posted:

Lol, no, I can see your car move, I'm not blind.

Put it on before you turn/switch lanes/masturbate, that way I know what you're going to do.

So you can speed up and prevent me from changing lanes? Even if my lane ends in a brick wall 50 feet ahead? I know your type, fucker. No way - I'll turn on the blinker when I'm good and ready (meaning I'm already in front of you and you can't box me out).

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Correct indication seems to be the first thing people unlearn around here. Pulling out of or into curbs is done without the slightest hesitation, indication or even looking most of the time. I'd also like to curse the people who leave the wrong turn signal on when going around a roundabout. I've counted three times now sitting and waiting for someone who is indicating to go all the way round only for them to turn off while still indicating around. loving. Flick. The. loving. Indicator. Stick. It. Takes. Five. Motherfucking. Microseconds. YOU TWIT.

Nobody does it though. I even indicated off the roundabout properly once and the guy waiting on the other side was so shocked he smiled widely at me as he entered and gave me a happy nod. He's probably met Mrs "gently caress it imma indicating all the way around until it goes off by itself fifty meters up the road" a few times himself.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
The only thing an indicator tells you is that the driver's indicator lights are working. Never loving trust an indicator. People are dumb as gently caress and don't know how to use them properly.

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011
im in a rush yall. its bumber to bumbr traffic during rush hour on geary but igotta go fast and switch these lanes. gently caress you all im mad stop blocking me. honk. almost caused a crash back there..

ha success

blasts it to 60 mph for 2 seconds until the next red light.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
miatas are so gay

i want my car to be BIG and RED like a FIRETRUCK

this is how big my penis is

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
heres my other car

it appeals to all of my heterosexual sensibilities and its BUILT FORD TOUGH

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
man ur dick must be huge

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

No poo poo your giant semi can't make that tight residential corner, better just sit there halfway through the turn for 10 minutes until the other assholes give you enough space to complete the turn.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Virigoth posted:

No poo poo your giant semi can't make that tight residential corner, better just sit there halfway through the turn for 10 minutes until the other assholes give you enough space to complete the turn.

i got a giant semi :a2m:

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
lol at all you posh car having wankers

bus crew badman 4 life

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

bus crew badman 4 life

I wish we had decent public transportation.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i sometimes drive 5-10 miles under because it's a speed limit not a speed requirement and life is about the journey :)

namaste

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

bus crew badman 4 life

get out of our thread about cars, you poor

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

bus crew badman 4 life

I did not own a car for 7 years and it was mostly glorious. Leaving the city mostly sucked though - buses.

However, I had sidewalk rage too, so who knows.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
gently caress buses and bus drivers too actually

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
and you know those little kids on bikes and skateboards? gently caress them, too

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
the worst things about driving:

other drivers
speed limits
stop signs
stop lights
pedestrians
bicyclists
turns
lanes
fuel

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
I don't know if its just where I live, bus buses will randomly pull out into traffic w/ no signal and sideswipe you/force you to drive in the oncoming lane, and they'll run you over if you're a pedestrian at night.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

unexplodable posted:

You're a rolling obstacle only because, as previously noted, everyone around you is an impatient rear end who can't chill out and obey the rules of the road. The chill driver isn't causing accidents, it's the childlike need of others to get to their destination 2 minutes sooner that does.

(I agree that highway speed limits should be higher)
The "chill" driver is the catalyst for the accident though, if they weren't there everyone else would just be going their 5 or whatever over and there wouldn't randomly be a guy doing 35 on a road all the locals drive 40+ on. They really tried to correlate speeding with accident risks to have some valid motivations behind speeding tickets and such but every study ever done on it has shown that if everyone else is going 5 over the least safe person is the one doing the speed limit and the most likely to be involved in the accident.

Now you can say that's the other drivers fault for trying to pass inappropriately or tailgating or other road rage things, which is fair, but it still wouldn't have happened if the slow driver wasn't there in the first place. It's a Two wrongs don't make a right situation.

If you're driving slow on a 2 lane highway, pullover at the nearest convenient spot and let the pile of cars behind you pass. In my state after a certain number of cars that is literally the law (though it is seldom enforced). If you're driving slow in the left lane on a multi lane freeway then I really just don't know what's wrong with you to the point where you'd be that clueless.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I lived and and drove in Boston for a long time, and always thought it was the worst.

But now I'm out in East Bumfuck and everyone's either: 1. Old. 2. A halfwit 3. Disabled and it's the rare time you come upon a car able to do the speed limit. There's a stretch of straight away road posted 50MPH where you can bet folks will be driving 35 and no one will pass.

Rural drivers are retarded.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

HEY VAPER posted:

get out of our thread about cars, you poor

Well shame on me for being more environmentally conscious than you and for not wanting to leave a massive carbon footprint behind as my legacy when i die.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
individually through your life you'll barley leave the tiniest of pinpricks on the earth it's mostly the factories loving poo poo up so people who avoid driving cars and who turn in to nazis about recycling plastic are dumb

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I hate you OP

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3656227

thanks a lot

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

individually through your life you'll leave the tiniest of pinpricks on the earth it's mostly the factories loving poo poo up so people who avoid driving cars and who turn in to nazis about recycling plastic are dumb

Way to justify pumping out tons of toxic smoke by saying gently caress it everyone does it. I personally like having polar ice caps and rainforests etc.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Way to justify pumping out tons of toxic smoke by saying gently caress it everyone does it. I personally like having polar ice caps and rainforests etc.

maybe do something about it instead of sitting on the bus w/ your thumb up your rear end before selling overpriced tea in your ghost cafe??

i'm cool with my apathy but it's funny when other people care but only the kind of care that involves posting online about it

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Well shame on me for being more environmentally conscious than you and for not wanting to leave a massive carbon footprint behind as my legacy when i die.
the only ppl concerned about personal carbon footprints are massive twats and angry poors jealous of those who afford nice things

which are u????

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

redshirt posted:

I'm sorry, but I can't drive 55.
And 65 is not enough.

Take a seat, nerd

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

maybe do something about it instead of sitting on the bus w/ your thumb up your rear end before selling overpriced tea in your ghost cafe??

i'm cool with my apathy but it's funny when other people care but only the kind of care that involves posting online about it

Spreading awareness is one of the most constructive things you can do. Think of all the African children that haven't died since Live 8 i don't have any statistics handy but I'm guessing a lot.

Sorry guys didnt realise that getting from A to B as fast as possible was more important than saving the dolphins these days my bad!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I bet you're one of those idiots who thinks they're a good driver and everyone else is terrible, when the truth is, you're terrible too.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Hello thread. I'm posting from my miata at 85. Lol!!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gypsum Fantastic posted:

Spreading awareness is one of the most constructive things you can do. Think of all the African children that haven't died since Live 8 i don't have any statistics handy but I'm guessing a lot.

Sorry guys didnt realise that getting from A to B as fast as possible was more important than saving the dolphins these days my bad!

dolphins are rapey idiots and the sooner they're wiped out the better

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

ethanol fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 7, 2014

turdriver
May 31, 2014

by XyloJW
lol thats slower than traffic flow ona good day on 101

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

redshirt posted:

I bet you're one of those idiots who thinks they're a good driver and everyone else is terrible, when the truth is, you're terrible too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
If you are driving in the passing lane passing nothing but the time you need to go buttfuck yourself to death with a broken bottle. You are not the speed setter....The police do that(especially in Virginia).

The PASSING lane is for PASSING CARS not the time, shitcunts.

If you're one of those people that cut in line at the last second because you think your time is more important than everyone elses you should take a nose dive off a cell tower and land eye 1st on a sharp stick.

And the motherfucking shitstain that thought it would be a good idea to shutdown 150+ miles of 2 lanes of I-35 from Austin to Dallas all at the same loving time just so they could work on a mile at a time needs to die of eye cancer and rectal cancer while on fire. THERE ARE loving TREES GROWING IN THE HOLES WHERE PERFECTLY GOOD LANES WERE YOU FUCKERS! Why not 20 miles at a time? :suicide:

Tambaloneus posted:

You'd love New Zealand! They have these roads labelled as "Scenic Route" which should be relabeled "Near Death Experiences" windy as gently caress cliffside roads with NO VERGE and a nice flimsy barrier between you and the two hundred meter drop to oh hell gently caress me is that a loving combi van husk down there on the rocks? It is, right next to the smashed to gently caress hire car corpse. Oh look a local is overtaking us on a hairpin bend, god speed insane loving NZ bastard!

Don't forget about having to dodge all those double length log trucks on those same little roads that might have a bit of string and a reflector instead of metal and wood to stop you plumetting to your death.

• Locked thread