Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Filippo Corridoni posted:

I once read an outrageous statistic about north african muslims
in france that a whole bunch of the women who wear it
are literally forced to. I'm the son of immigrants so I get cultural pressure and don't really think it's a very big deal, but the statistic I read made it out like the women who wore it were forced. That's hosed up, but i'm not surprised: most devout muslim women in the islamic diaspora just wear the hijab.

I think the niqab is ridiculous pre-modern nonsense, but I respect the women who choose to wear it because of the traditionalist aspect of it all. I'm not sure if i'm socially conservative, but I have a lot of respect for social conservatism. I don't even have that big an issue with Christian fundamentalism for the same reason.

True story: i live in the most ratchet part of florida (Broward), but i once saw a muslim family decked out in full religious regalia coming on the bus. They were probably persian I think, but one of the older sons in the group was especially swarthy. I wanted to ask at least one of them a whole bunch of drat questions about their culture and whatnot, but its pretty clear their car must've broke down and that this was their first (and last) time on the bus. They kept to themselves.

cool story about how you once saw some muslims

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

YOURFRIEND posted:

Why don't they just shave their women bald? Would solve a lot of problems.

read my earlier post, that's haraam as gently caress

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

I think the niqab is ridiculous pre-modern nonsense, but I respect the women who choose to wear it because of the traditionalist aspect of it all.
This is really an incomprehensible statement to me. My great-grandmother used to wear headscarves all the time, but she was old enough to remember World War 1 and that's just what employed women wore back in the day. If I saw a second-generation Polish-German immigrant girl living in the USA wearing a headscarf, I wouldn't compliment her on her sense of tradition, I would wonder what century she thinks she lives in.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I actually like hijabs but support banning them if it also means nuns have to dress like sluts too

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Cardiovorax posted:

This is really an incomprehensible statement to me. My great-grandmother used to wear headscarves all the time, but she was old enough to remember World War 1 and that's just what employed women wore back in the day. If I saw a second-generation Polish-German immigrant girl living in the USA wearing a headscarf, I wouldn't compliment her on her sense of tradition, I would wonder what century she thinks she lives in.

the hijab is the headscarf, the niqab is the crazy ninja-esque robe which is not exactly pre-modern given that it came about long after islam was founded and was worn only by a small minority until recently

e: actually i simplified that so hard it turned into complete bullshit

im gay

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

one of the older sons in the group was especially swarthy.

nice

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
If you are talking to someone in a niqab how do you know who you're talking to? If there's a group of women wearing niqab how do you tell who is who? Do they have to wear identifiers when they go out? I can't tell who the hell they are!!!

The hijab is like a hat I guess

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
In light of the ebola epidemic, I think of it like this: what would the full covering of women outside the home mean in terms of infectious disease spread? Certainly, it may have reduced the ability for transmission among women in isolated tribal communities, if not for the face mask alone.

What does that say about the value of women vs the value of men in such societies? Is it unnatural to collect objects of value, to prize them above common possessions? And if a woman is to be valued above a man, will it not become ingrained that men must protect their investments? And this is why I oppose the niqab: for, despite its potential public health benefits, in areas of the developed world with healthcare infrastructure able to contain endemics, does it not say that you still will be valued for gender alone and not for your personality?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
A hot rear end black hat that covers your whole body, for wearing in the desert. How did these people manage to pull 9/11 off again

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

farting in a niqab would be pretty bad

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

farting in a niqab would be pretty bad

Hahaha

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

gently caress the ROW posted:

A hot rear end black hat that covers your whole body, for wearing in the desert. How did these people manage to pull 9/11 off again

yeah just look at this dumb motherfucker

she gonna die of heatstroke any moment now

if only someone told the bedouin this valuable information maybe they wouldnt have worn the god drat thing for thousands of years

*brings uninsulated tent with lovely hvac in desert*

*a nearby goatherder lols gently*

King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

High King Internet of Internet
A Muslim boy gets lost in a store. He runs up to the first employee he can find, nearly hyperventilating. "Mister please, I can't find my mommy!"

The employee says "Calm down, we can find her. What does she look like?"

The boy bursts into tears and says "I don't loving know!"

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

yeah just look at this dumb motherfucker

she gonna die of heatstroke any moment now

if only someone told the bedouin this valuable information maybe they wouldnt have worn the god drat thing for thousands of years

*brings uninsulated tent with lovely hvac in desert*

*a nearby goatherder lols gently*

with the amount of sweat that produces, inside it creates a tropical eco-system capable of supporting plant life, insects and occasionally small animals

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

SirEvelynTremble posted:

with the amount of sweat that produces, inside it creates a tropical eco-system capable of supporting plant life, insects and occasionally small animals

goatherder lols intensify

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

King of Internet posted:

A Muslim boy gets lost in a store. He runs up to the first employee he can find, nearly hyperventilating. "Mister please, I can't find my mommy!"

The employee says "Calm down, we can find her. What does she look like?"

The boy explodes taking 38 souls with him.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
yeah they don't have baths in the desert so i imagine that's probably the rankest human smell you can get. Deodorant is also haraam, according to this article on huffpo, so you're gettin the full force of putrid food and whatever young boys or animals the muslim was loving that day

ihopeirememberthis
Sep 8, 2011
Seeing them on the beach is pretty funny.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

gently caress the ROW posted:

yeah they don't have baths in the desert so i imagine that's probably the rankest human smell you can get. Deodorant is also haraam, according to this article on huffpo, so you're gettin the full force of putrid food and whatever young boys or animals the muslim was loving that day

after a while, kinda like when you don't wash your hair for a long time, body sweat and oil conditions the skin and a sweaty bedouin's scent is barely distinguishable

from a camel

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

ihopeirememberthis posted:

on the off chance the thread's already forgotten this but bomb saudi arabia

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

ihopeirememberthis posted:

"Are you actually enjoying yourself, or are you just going through the motions?"

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
women who willfully choose to wear a niqab deserve to be beaten and subjugated

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Fremen are badass OP and you should learn some respect.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Do it ironically posted:

women who willfully choose to wear a niqab deserve to be beaten and subjugated

Edgy man, edgy. You are literally the coolest person on the forums and I salute you.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
who's being edgy

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

White Dog Eggs posted:

Edgy man, edgy. You are literally the coolest person on the forums and I salute you.

no man hes saying you should do it ironically

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Phrasing posted:

Fremen are badass OP and you should learn some respect.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
Niqabs are awesome because it clearly shows the strength and sexual fortitude of the western man

Forget just talking to women, nerds is so weak and fragile they can't allow women to show anything but their eyes

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

If you are talking to someone in a niqab how do you know who you're talking to? If there's a group of women wearing niqab how do you tell who is who? Do they have to wear identifiers when they go out? I can't tell who the hell they are!!!

No, you're not supposed to talk to them, the niqab is there to make you super uncomfortable so you just sort of try to ignore them but you can't because there is one or more people wearing outlandish getups nearby what the gently caress are they doing?

They are literally outlanders. N'wahs. Fetchers.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

newreply.php posted:

i often see really pretty young ladies in thin almost seethrough veils and niqabs where you can clearly see they are in great shape, and then i see a western woman in cutoffs and a tank top but weighing 300+ lbs, and, it makes me think

what does it make you think

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Pon de Bundy posted:

i see a lot of angry dhimmis mad they cant get any muslim pussy.

You speak as if that is NOT precisely how anyone ought to regard a culture that is basically a giant sausage-fest.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Pon de Bundy posted:

as a muslim male, i support hijab.

As a motherfucking american, I support Jihad. More jihad, less hijab.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

there are tons of sexy hijab wearing saudi chicks on campus. tons

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Fandyien posted:

there are tons of sexy hijab wearing saudi chicks on campus. tons

they're all probably married and have kids. rip sorry

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
niqabs are like religion sanctioned ninja cosplay, so long as the women is willingly wearing it coo'

also i bet they're p nice during the winter when a hijab won't keep you from freezing your nose off

burqas also look cool in a fantasy villain way, sucks hard if a guy is making them wear it tho

tldr if i was a woman i'd wear a niqab all over the place, also throw crescent ninja stars at my enemies

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

there are also a lot of random black american muslim converts around here they make me lol

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

If you are talking to someone in a niqab how do you know who you're talking to?

The one time I talked to a women in a niqab, my poor hearing reared it's head and I couldn't understand a word she was saying because of the sound-muffling property of the niqab.

I just kept saying "I can't hear you. Sorry, speak up? Sorry, I can't make out what your saying." I'm sure she thought I was just loving with her because I could see her frowning like poo poo through the little mail-slot thing, then she left in a huff.

Shonuff
Sep 26, 2007
White like Frank Black is
Someone post that Saudi newscaster who pissed everyone off because she didn't cover her head. She's hot.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

that photo was taken in Mecca by the way

not pictured: the public toilets that were built over a historical graveyard

• Locked thread