Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Up to that point, I can honestly say that I had never given much thought as to what the insides of a giant horror bird would be like but I was still surprised to find that they consist of nothing more than eternal dark void that I have been floating in, a senseless mind separated from my body, for millennium beyond counting now at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
THE END

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
:f5: amazing.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
:golfclap:

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

:) this is good.

THE PLATFORM MASTER
Jun 3, 2008

my review for this story posted:

This would have been a great story if the author had any sense of materials. I'm an expert Wikipedia editor (see my recent work on the Richard Dawkins article where I researched the history of nobel prizes for atheists. As you might imagine the history is sparse, but then so are the brains of the people who are not atheists which I also researched extensively and documented in a separate article) and I am certain that denim cannot grow. But in this story denim spreads! What is the author thinking?

0 stars for this absurd story.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
Ah I thought OP was planning stuff in advance to close the story while giving explanations to what the gently caress happened but nope. Why am I not surprised.

Still: 55555555555

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008
slowest clap

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

oh my god

0dB
Jan 3, 2009
This is what I come here for.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
there's a reason youre one of my fav posters, thanks for the story and i hope you do another one or write a book i can buy soon

Dec 26, 2012

good thread

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
This story is the kind of good that people who claim that David Lynch's movies are good think that those movies are. But unlike David Lynch's obnoxious projects, this story is amazing.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Amazing. Riveting from beginning to end.

Snak posted:

This story is the kind of good that people who claim that David Lynch's movies are good think that those movies are. But unlike David Lynch's obnoxious projects, this story is amazing.

Lynch is awesome and should direct the adaptation.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

a starwar betamax posted:

Up to that point, I can honestly say that I had never given much thought as to what the insides of a giant horror bird would be like but I was still surprised to find that they consist of nothing more than eternal dark void that I have been floating in, a senseless mind separated from my body, for millennium beyond counting now at this point.

how are you posting

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Excellent.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Publish this as a Kindle e-book and I will buy it, for both me, and my friends and family.

Telemarchitect
Oct 1, 2009

TOUCH THE KNOB
Epilogue:

"Well if you get any new information, give me a call." said the detective as he slid his card across the restaurant table.

I took a break from my coffee to glance down at it. "Det. Mars Gunts" it brandished in 14 point wide Helvetica. I then glanced back at him, just long enough to catch his I-know-it-was-you-punk stare. I cleared my throat.

"Absolutely." I said cooly.

The detective nodded, then turned around and began to leave the restaurant. I looked at his card again. The words on it changed like details always do in a dream. I sighed heavily and pulled my Mont Blanc out of my italian leather folio. I drew parenthesis around his name on the card. det(Mars Gumbo).

The detective, almost out of the restaurant, immediately froze, contorted, and screamed electronically like when Neo touched that mirror that one time. With a poof, he was replaced by a large inanimate '0' that dropped onto the bistro floor amongst all the other diners, who were too preoccupied to care. I smirked to myself and finished off my coffee.

"Looks like he was...rank deficient"

Telemarchitect fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 17, 2014

bandit6789
Jun 7, 2009

Five dollars, well spent
I enjoyed how enjoyable this was to read. 5/5

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Thoroughly enjoyed the ride, almost as if the start, middle, and end were enjoyable thoroughly.

I 5'd.

Dec 26, 2012

Telemarchitect posted:

Epilogue:

"Well if you get any new information, give me a call." said the detective as he slid his card across the restaurant table.

I took a break from my coffee to glance down at it. "Det. Mars Gunts" it brandished in 14 point wide Helvetica. I then glanced back at him, just long enough to catch his I-know-it-was-you-punk stare. I cleared my throat.

"Absolutely." I said cooly.

The detective nodded, then turned around and began to leave the restaurant. I looked at his card again. The words on it changed like details always do in a dream. I sighed heavily and pulled my Mont Blanc out of my italian leather folio. I drew parenthesis around his name on the card. det(Mars Gumbo).

The detective, almost out of the restaurant, immediately froze, contorted, and screamed electronically like when Neo touched that mirror that one time. With a poof, he was replaced by a large inanimate '0' that dropped onto the bistro floor amongst all the other diners, who were too preoccupied to care. I smirked to myself and finished off my coffee.

"Looks like he was...rank deficient"

ewww

close and goldmine

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

clap. clap. clap. flap. flap clap.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

goldmine

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

ewww

close and goldmine

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

01011001 posted:

close and goldmine

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

01011001 posted:

close and goldmine

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

darkwing cuck posted:

this is kinda riley cool

01011001 posted:

close and goldmine

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Posting from the gold mine!
(lock it fast)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garbage day
Jun 13, 2008

im lollin at you're trollin
Good poo poo.

OP gets some upgrades, thread goes to the Goldmine.

Thanks, all.

• Locked thread