Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
When is the SA Mart post coming? Are we still receiving assignments on the 17th? I gotta ship before the 22nd :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah, I will do all the assignments tomorrow. I have been having some computer trouble this week and I think I just got it solved. I PMed the SA Mart mods but never heard back, so I uhhh, am not sure what to do about that right now...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

So I am a big dummy and didn't put a spot for e-mail on the google doc forms. If you do not have PMs, or you prefer your info to come via email, please post your e-mail in this thread. Thanks and sorry for being stupid.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Triple posts are fun! The pairings are all done, which was surprisingly painstaking as the name out of a hat method kept yielding either people in the same city, or trade partners more often then you would think...

Will start to send out stuff tonight, but don't be surprised if you don't get it until tomorrow.

edit: air- you need to clean out your PM's or give me your e-mail.

swickles fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 17, 2014

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Whoops should be ok now!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I have PM'ed about half the people their BIF details. Do not fret if you haven't got yours yet. You will get them by tonight.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

And all assignments have been sent except for Iodie who doesn't have PM's. So Iodie you need to post your e-mail address so I can send you the details!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

swickles posted:

And all assignments have been sent except for Iodie who doesn't have PM's. So Iodie you need to post your e-mail address so I can send you the details!

all assignments...?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

funkybottoms posted:

all assignments...?

Yes, all. :colbert:

lodie
Feb 8, 2004

swickles posted:

lodiemail @gmail. It's an L not an I though.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
The person I'm supposed to send to has IPAs as his favorite beer. If space isn't an issue, would fresh Jai Alai be worth an exception of the "no six packs" rule, or should I limit it to a couple cans?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Catfish Noodlin posted:

The person I'm supposed to send to has IPAs as his favorite beer. If space isn't an issue, would fresh Jai Alai be worth an exception of the "no six packs" rule, or should I limit it to a couple cans?

If you have evidence that that person has not had Jai Alai, then you would be doing them a favor to ship them a sixer...

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Not participating this round, but if you send someone a whole plethora of beers and then just send a sixer of Jai Alai on top of that, I doubt anyone would complain. I imagine it's more to keep someone from just walking to the store and buying a six pack and throwing it a box and calling it a day.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

crazyfish posted:

I imagine it's more to keep someone from just walking to the store and buying a six pack and throwing it a box and calling it a day.

Bingo. Part of the reason for the rule is because someone sent me a 4 pack of Sofie in the first BIF. (GI is available in Texas and they clearly didn't take the time to look)

Catfish Noodlin sends kickass boxes anyway :radcat:

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Thanks for the advice everyone.

air- posted:

Catfish Noodlin sends kickass boxes anyway :radcat:

Aw shucks

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

Let the liquor do the thinkin'
Ok, I need some BIF advice here. The guy I'm shipping to only listed sours and barrel aged beers as what he wants. Three things: 1) These are expensive beers, so if he only wants 5-6 bombers I guess that's OK. 2) I live in DC/NoVa, and we don't have really any sours that I could send, and the couple I can think of probably aren't BIF worthy. I can find some barrel aged stuff but again just expensive bombers. 3) Isn't that kind of lovely to only specify 2 styles of beer in your request?

Also, big surprise, he's in Chicago so things like Victory is out. If anyone has any advice I want to make sure I send a good box but feeling a little constrained. Should I post this in the regular beer thread?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

nosleep posted:

The guy I'm shipping to only listed sours and barrel aged beers as what he wants. Three things: 1) These are expensive beers, so if he only wants 5-6 bombers I guess that's OK. 2) I live in DC/NoVa, and we don't have really any sours that I could send, and the couple I can think of probably aren't BIF worthy.

Walk into Arrowine and have a field day. To be honest the sours will likely overlap from what I remember seeing at shops at both cities. Get their untappd info to see what they've tried. It's not a big deal to only send a few bottles, hitting the limit is what counts really.

Love Child 4 flew off shelves pretty quick in Chicago if you want a quick protip.

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

air- posted:

Walk into Arrowine and have a field day. To be honest the sours will likely overlap from what I remember seeing at shops at both cities. Get their untappd info to see what they've tried. It's not a big deal to only send a few bottles, hitting the limit is what counts really.

Love Child 4 flew off shelves pretty quick in Chicago if you want a quick protip.

Yea Arrowine is probably where I'll be getting a lot of stuff. Probably gonna be various BA stuff, probably not much sour.

Tonde Mo Nai
Jul 9, 2005
my symbolism was stripped away long ago

nosleep posted:

Ok, I need some BIF advice here. The guy I'm shipping to only listed sours and barrel aged beers as what he wants. Three things: 1) These are expensive beers, so if he only wants 5-6 bombers I guess that's OK. 2) I live in DC/NoVa, and we don't have really any sours that I could send, and the couple I can think of probably aren't BIF worthy. I can find some barrel aged stuff but again just expensive bombers. 3) Isn't that kind of lovely to only specify 2 styles of beer in your request?

Also, big surprise, he's in Chicago so things like Victory is out. If anyone has any advice I want to make sure I send a good box but feeling a little constrained. Should I post this in the regular beer thread?

At the risk of meddling too much in my own BIF, I think this is almost certainly me. I probably didn't specify well that those are two things I have a particular fondness for these days, but by no means does everything I receive need to be either of those. Honestly, I'm really open to anything that I can't get in the Chicago area, so feel free to surprise me! Basic Belgians/golden ales are the only styles that don't especially do anything for me, but I'll still try and enjoy them.

air- knows what's up as far as LC4, but I've got a few bottles already.

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

Tonde Mo Nai posted:

At the risk of meddling too much in my own BIF, I think this is almost certainly me. I probably didn't specify well that those are two things I have a particular fondness for these days, but by no means does everything I receive need to be either of those. Honestly, I'm really open to anything that I can't get in the Chicago area, so feel free to surprise me! Basic Belgians/golden ales are the only styles that don't especially do anything for me, but I'll still try and enjoy them.

Hey, got some good advice from a couple people and plus have had some stuff in mind. You'll be hooked up well with some good poo poo. Sorry, didn't mean to come across as sounding annoyed, I just saw "sours" and thought poo poo, this is gonna be hard.

mrcowcow
Aug 3, 2006

Too shy to call your name, too high to to play this game.
Grimey Drawer

nosleep posted:

Don't limit yourself to just sending beers in their favorite styles. I'm trying to focus on the ones my BIFee likes but I will be sending some others styles too. Personally I only listed a few of my favorite styles but would love to get beers from other styles (excluding the ones I said I didn't want). If there are local beers you love and aren't something your BIFee said they didn't want then send them.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Just realized I have a PM, out of town til the end of the week but I'll have beer on the way next week.

Edit: do we identify ourselves to our giftee, or is this a Secret Santa type endeavor? I'm fine either way, just curious.

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Aug 20, 2014

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

Just realized I have a PM, out of town til the end of the week but I'll have beer on the way next week.

Edit: do we identify ourselves to our giftee, or is this a Secret Santa type endeavor? I'm fine either way, just curious.

Your call to make whether or not you want to reach out. I typically end up doing so to double check address info, figure out if there's anything specific I should know about shipping to them and other logistic type communication.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

air- posted:

Your call to make whether or not you want to reach out. I typically end up doing so to double check address info, figure out if there's anything specific I should know about shipping to them and other logistic type communication.

Good deal, will do that now. Thanks!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Feel free to use me as an intermediary to ask questions to your BIFee but still keep it a secret.

Wet Tie Affair
May 8, 2008

P-I-Z-Z-A

Got my box from Jerome Louis on Wednesday! It came to WI from CT.

New England Brewing - Attempted RedRum (Rum Barrel Aged Barley Wine)
New England Brewing - Gandhi-Bot DIPA
Ordinem Ecentrici Coctores - Grandis (Oak Aged Blended Old Ale)
Ordinem Ecentrici Coctores - Nepenthes (Saison)

Brouwerij Alvinne - Sigma (Dark Sour Ale)
Birra Del Borgo - Duchessic Ale (Saison/Cantillon Lambic Blend)
Birrificio Del Ducato - Beersel Mattina (Saison/Lambic Blend)
Harviestoun Brewery - Ola Dubh 1991 (Old Ale Aged in 1991 Highland Park Casks)

There were also some coasters from the Alchemist that didn't make it into the pictures. Some really interesting beers in this box, and I'm looking forward to trying them all. Thanks again Jerome Louis!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
haha, no two containers are the same

cereal eater
Aug 25, 2008

I'd save these, if I wanted too

ps i dont deserve my 'king' nickname
Messaged OP a few days ago and filled out my form late, hope I get in but if not happy trading y'all!

lodie
Feb 8, 2004
My BIFee and I have essentially the same distribution (same state) and based on his posts in the main beer thread there isn't much outside of a beer or two that I can send him that he hasn't already had.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

lodie posted:

My BIFee and I have essentially the same distribution (same state) and based on his posts in the main beer thread there isn't much outside of a beer or two that I can send him that he hasn't already had.

I will look into it tonight/tomorrow.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This is probably my fault somehow :( Sorry!

ReaperUnreal
Feb 21, 2007
Trogdor is King
Took a 3h drive, but it's sent. Enjoy some Ontario and Quebec beer!

nosleep
Jan 20, 2004

Could I ask my BIF sender not to send until late this week or early next week, I'll be out of town labor day weekend starting Thursday. Want to make sure I'm there the day it arrives. Thanks a bunch!

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
My package is off, BIF recipient should have it by Friday.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

My box is also en route, enjoy!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just worked things out with my recipient, will be shipping after the holiday weekend.

My box is apparently on its way, and will be sitting at my workplace all weekend because I didn't realize I'd be going out of town early. :downs: Ah well, should be fine!

Apache
May 11, 2004

I've got mine boxed up, but the FedEx site doesn't want to cooperate and let me create a shipping label, it will likely go out tomorrow.

Tonde Mo Nai
Jul 9, 2005
my symbolism was stripped away long ago
Dropped my package at the FedEx store tonight. Hoping for Friday (or worst case Saturday?) delivery.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just got my box from americanzero4128! It's too well packed to open at work (seriously, nice job) but everything seems to have arrived in good order. Full report later tonight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Bought today, will probably ship tomorrow. It's likely going the longest distance of any of the boxes (hint hint) so will likely take a week to arrive.

• Locked thread